I feel so bad right now

GoingBack

I really do.....I don't know what happened to me. Lately I have been doing some major backsliding.

I have been having bad thoughts and I have even resorted to cursing a couple of times within the past couple of weeks, among other things. I have prayed and asked for God's mercy and forgiveness, but I still feel so ashamed of myself. I was doing so well....and I can't even tell you what made me do those things.

(Sigh)......will someone please say a prayer and ask God to bless me in spite of myself :(

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
First of all stop feeling ashame. That is a trick of the enemy, to make you feel bad and that you are such a horrible person. You see the Father has already forgiven you, that is what the blood was for. That is why He was nailed to the cross, for ALL of our mistakes, not just the big ones but the small ones also. The problem is not the Lord forgiven us, it is ourselves forgiven and going on with present and the future.

Now may I suggust that you look at what is making you do the things that you are doing. Maybe the televison shows that you are looking at, the magizines/books that you are reading or the people that you are around. Evaluate what is causing the cussing and such and then act on it, to stop. Don't feel like you can't because you can do all things throught Christ who strenghts you. I know what I speak because I know that I have been saved from cussing, drinking, fornatication and such.

Be Blessed and encourged

GoingBack

LadyR: I think that my acts stemmed from the people that I was around....I know that I need to cut some of them off and have actually done so just recently.

Hairmaster: Thank you...I guess the hardest part is learning how to forgive myself.

Chrissy811

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. You have confessed and ask for forgiveness,God has forgiven you. You need to forgive yourself. I agree this is the devil trying to trick you into thinking you are not worthy of God's mercy and grace. Keep praying!!!

AnnDriena_

mrsjones1 is a carpenter, she hit the nail on the head:D

You need to forgive yourself because if you've asked for forgiveness from God he has surely given it.
Be greedy like me:grin: I certainly know I don't deserve the forgiveness I get but I take it and ask for more:lachen: :lachen:
God wants you to be greedy.:grin:

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Is the guilt that you are experiencing stemming from thoughts like 'what if I curse/backslide' again? Girl, it's this song by Ricky Dillard called 'No Condemnation' and when I was feeling condemned AFTER asking for forgiveness, I would blast that song and remind the enemy that I am free. In Revelations, what does it say the enemies job is? He's the accuser of the brethren and that's what he's doing to you. I am not sure if you agree with this, but here's something I do whenever thoughts contrary to the Word enter my mind- I repeat what the Word says so I can hear myself saying them and so the enemy could here,too:yep:

GoingBack

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Is the guilt that you are experiencing stemming from thoughts like 'what if I curse/backslide' again? Girl, it's this song by Ricky Dillard called 'No Condemnation' and when I was feeling condemned AFTER asking for forgiveness, I would blast that song and remind the enemy that I am free. In Revelations, what does it say the enemies job is? He's the accuser of the brethren and that's what he's doing to you. I am not sure if you agree with this, but here's something I do whenever thoughts contrary to the Word enter my mind- I repeat what the Word says so I can hear myself saying them and so the enemy could here,too:yep:

Exactly! I keep wondering excatly how long am I going to keep getting God's forgiveness. Will there come a day when I curse and he says that enough is enough.......???

By the way, its not that I do these things frequently, but sometimes I will get angry and curse to myself or have impure thoughts.