I finally figured it out!

clarity2008

I never knew that cones were bad until about January of this year when I started lurking so around that time was when I started minimizing the usage of cones. My hair always felt sort of dry and I thought that it was the cones sealing the moisture out:nono:. Well, for the last couple of days I have been co washing and then leaving in NTM daily deep conditioner. Then I started using another conditioner with cones (can't recall the name, its a product graveyard in my bathroom)...My hair LOVES cones. I noticed that whenever I use them my hair is soft and moisturized all day. Even when it dries it still feels like BUTTA! (I wash 1 with ORS creamy aloe every 2 weeks so I don't worry about build up). I guess I have to start doing what works for me and not what works for someone else. Does anyone else have this same reaction to products with cones???

SEMO

I think my hair likes some cones too. I started using Cantu shea butter leave-in and my hair loved it, but I cut back on using it b/c I was afraid of cones and buildup. But when I don't use it my hair gets so much more dry and tangly. I've decided to go back to making it a staple product. I can always clarify and use the ORS shampoo.

Simply_Kelz

Alot of people like cones.

I like them, in moderation. Most of my favorite products have them, I just had to figure out how to stop it from building up, but if I keep my hair clean, they don't bother me. When I do use products with heavy cones, I usually wash a maximum of a week later.

HTH!

Remember, it's only a rule if it works for you.