I FINALLY figured it out!

inthepink

With some trial and a whole lot of error over the past week, I have figured out how to get my hair to look freshly laid down and have no "stickies." (Stickies refer to the pieces of my broken off hair across my crown that stick up when I'm trying to wear my hair in a sleek ponytail, bun etc.)

I found out that I cannot get up in the morning, get dressed, and then apply styling products to my hair and expect it to work. Nope. Doesn't work.

I have to get up two hours early and apply the styling products to my hair. Then, put on my scarf and not remove it for two hours while the styling products and my hair dries. I guess essentially "setting" the style. I've tried doing it the night before but it looks so ratty in the morning. For some reason 2 hours is key to a "fresh" look.

I tried this twice this weekend and both times it worked. I am so thrilled. To have NO stickies is a major accomplishment for me these days!
It's SO soft and non-greasy, too! I wish I had a boyfriend so I could do the shirt test! I did this today after washing my hair...I added the pics to my album in July.

Thanks to all of the tips on the board, I somehow figured out a solution for myself!

Did anyone else FINALLY figure something out and have a major accomplishment this week?

keylargo

I have to do this too. My hair is weaved in the back but the front,top and sides are out. In order to blend it in, I have to apply styling gel, let it dry for about 10 minutes then wrap it up with a scarf. If I keep the scarf on for an hour or two, it sets really nicely.
You should try maybe applying your styling products at night and wrapping it up. It comes out even better and you don't have to do much to it in the morning but just maybe touch it up a little.

karezone

Love the pictures and your hair. Good Luck going natural it looks as if you have a very good start.

inthepink

keylargo,

I tried doing it at night hoping for the same effect but for some strange reason, my hair comes out really ratty looking in the morning. I think it's b/c of 8 hours of twisting and turning. Sucks though b/c I will have to get up 2 hours earlier to "set" my hair and then go back to bed. 2 hours of sleep won't unset it like 8 hours seems to. Weird, I know!