I Finally have hair pics.

I agree with everyone else. Your hair is beautiful!!!
Gurl you gotta share that routine with us!
Your hair is very shiny and healthy.

Your hair looks great. CONGRATS
clap.gif

Thank you for all the beautiful compliments. I really appreciate them, and it really keeps me going when i feel like giving up. My hair regime is kind of crazy. When i was at home i conditioner washed every two days and air dried in a bun over the summer because i worked out I do the same thing now except i rinse in the my sink which is difficult, but if if i wash my hair in the shower my hair will snap off!! The water is that bad. I try to do light rinses, and concentrate rinsing my ends with EVOO and Pantene Smooth and Sleek or R&N. I am switching between deep conditioners of LUST or Paul Mitchell, but i only use those every now and then if my hair feels limp. Sometimes the protein deep conditioners make my hair hard and dry even after moisturizing with a moisturing conditioner. Right now i just airdry in bun, and rinse with conditioner only 2 twice a week. I clarify with baking soda around every month. I shampoo with Creme of Nature dry/damage formula once a week. I do not use a lot. I lather once, and use i dime size. Shampoo dries the hell out of hair, so i can use a little. I have had a lot breakage, but i only cut my hair once every two to three months. Sometimes it is little strands other times little balls. i worry sometimes my hair is not growing because of breakage. I always think my ends are bad, but they turn out pretty nice when i blow dry my hair. Unfortunaly i do not use any leave ins. They actually dry out my hair eventually. I do not put anything on my scalp because it will start itching. I did even know my hair had shine until i stop going to the beauticians. My scalp is mildly oily, but ends are unbelieveably dry. This why i think my hair grows fast but can break fast also. I think my hair grows faster than it breaks at times. Oh yeah, i forgot i sleep in satin scarf every night wrapped up in a bun. It is really the only protective style i can wear without my hair completely drying off. What you ladies saw were wet pics. You will see the dryness in my new dry pics when i post them. It should be very soon. I am also going to try to post some blow out pics and better shrinkage pics also. I took the pictures myself so they did not turn out well. I will try to get better. Thank you again for all the compliments. This board has truly inspired me.

Peactree, Thank you for kind words. They mean so much. Your hair is one of my inspirations also. I promise i will try to take better pics. I live by myself now. I will have a lot of updates.

[ QUOTE ]
CrownnGlori said:
Lovely! What products do you use? My daughters hair looks similar?

[/ QUOTE ]
Crown Glori, I only use mainly pantene s/s or pantene r&n mixed with EVOO. I use nothing on my scalp. i am still trying to use something for my ends because they are so dry. I use Creame of Nature shampoo once a week, but not much. i only lather once. I do not use too many products. For me less is more. Thank you again for your kind words, and good luck with your daughters hair.

P.S. If you find a good leave in for your daughter hair let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
steph said:
Peactree, Thank you for kind words. They mean so much. Your hair is one of my inspirations also . I promise i will try to take better pics. I live by myself now. I will have a lot of updates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, that's really sweet of u to share
Rose.gif

Thank u luv
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
steph said:
[ QUOTE ]
CrownnGlori said:
Lovely! What products do you use? My daughters hair looks similar?

[/ QUOTE ]
Crown Glori, I only use mainly pantene s/s or pantene r&n mixed with EVOO. I use nothing on my scalp.i am still trying to use something for my ends because they are so dry. I use Creame of Nature shampoo once a week, but not much. i only lather once. I do not use too many products. For me less is more. Thank you again for your kind words, and good luck with your daughters hair.

P.S. If you find a good leave in for your daughter hair let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steph, thank you for sharing your routine with us.
smile.gif
Jade 21 is a member of LHCF whose hair is currently cut to tailbone length (from knee-length). She knows her oils.
smile.gif
I remember reading on her site some combination she says really help banish the crispies. Check this out: Jade 21's Diary. Hope that Helps!

Thank you Steph for FINALLY
tongue.gif
sharing your pics. Your hair is beautiful.

It's interesting to hear you say you use nothing on your hair. I did that for two years and just washed/conditioned my hair whenever it felt dry. I'm sure it didn't feel as soft as it does now, but I didn't know anything about deep conditioning then either. I keep wondering if I mightn't be able to get away with not applying anything for a while.
scratchchin.gif
Like you, I apply nothing on my scalp coz that causes itches. For a spell I have been using just natural oils on wet hair after twice a week morning wash and then sleeping in a plastic cap...with no problems. I had given frizz-ease serum a rest until my last wash. My hair felt as lovely as it always does when I seal in moisture with a serum but I learned the hard way that plastic caps over hair coated in serum is a
nono.gif
at least for me. My scalp itched like crazy...
whyme.gif

So lately I've been toying with the idea of doing things your way...or should I say, my old way, with a few fine tunings here and there.
look.gif

thanks for sharin the pics with us...wow its amazin coz my inspiration lists is tremendously growin!!

Back