I Fired my Stylist

Subscribe

I'm mad you stayed with all that attitude and didn't walk out. She didn't do what u asked. Argues with you the whole time. Insists on having her own way. Did what she wanted not what you asked. Rips through your hair. And ruined a perfectly good day in your life with attitude then got paid for it.

Not. Cool.

On a brighter note: I'm glad you won't ever go back to her again. I wish u had told her off and walked out, but I'm not a nice person when it comes to my hair. You are a much better person than I am. ;)

I wanted to soooooo bad but half my head was braided and I had to go to work early the next morning. I didn't think I could find someone to finish it on such short notice.

I'm not a better person :nono: trust. I just felt like I was in-between a rock and hard place. I also knew once I let loose, we would have been in a physical fight, cause she's just that type of chick.:spinning:

So instead of being locked up over the weekend with my hair half braided, I just decided to to take one for the team and ride it out.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I wanted to soooooo bad but half my head was braided and I had to go to work early the next morning. I didn't think I could find someone to finish it on such short notice.

I'm not a better person :nono: trust. I just felt like I was in-between a rock and hard place. I also knew once I let loose, we would have been in a physical fight, cause she's just that type of chick.:spinning:

So instead of being locked up over the weekend with my hair half braided, I just decided to to take one for the team and ride it out.

i feel u.:yep:

next time call me....i'll get her for you:lol: i got nothing but space and opportunity.:lachen:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
@mzteaze

And they don't have you sittin' up in there waiting for hours. :look:

If your Appointment was at Noon, at precisely "NOON" someone would be coming to get you to put a robe on you to get started.

That was after they 'offered' you a Soft Drink, Coffee, Tea or Bottled Water (Juice).:look:

To both of them "time was money" And both had predominately a black female clientele.

There were nobody selling fish/chicken dinners, bean pies etc...knock off Coach Bags, Louis Vuitton, Kate Spades OR vials of replicated Oils & Colognes or DVD's.

*sorry*

Sadly all of this is true...

But you forgot, having no supplies in the salon and using paper towels as towels.:ohwell:

naturalmanenyc

mzteaze
Who are you using? I'm in Havana twists for the next 2 months but I am still looking for a salon for those times when I don't want to do my own hair.

There are some White women that can whip some Black hair. :yep: I started going to the salon at 13 (dad couldn't do my hair) and there was a White stylist who did 50% Black hair. She never did my hair but I saw her over the years learn to do every kind of style Black women wore.

I've come to realize that the way white salons are ran is not the same "our" folks are taught to run a salon.

My current (white) stylist made me proud when she was teaching her assistant how to comb and detangle my hair. She told her, comb gently starting at the ends in SMALL sections with a wide tooth comb. ... I was so proud.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
mzteaze
Who are you using? I'm in Havana twists for the next 2 months but I am still looking for a salon for those times when I don't want to do my own hair.

There are some White women that can whip some Black hair. :yep: I started going to the salon at 13 (dad couldn't do my hair) and there was a White stylist who did 50% Black hair. She never did my hair but I saw her over the years learn to do every kind of style Black women wore.

I go to a lady in Oradell NJ for a color and cut. She's not great at styling my hair, but I picked her because she could do the services I don't want to do at home.

HappyHeart

I hate when they try to comb my hair all at once, instead of doing it in sections. The last time I got my hair done I felt like the braider was playing in my hair. She kept trying to run a comb through my whole head, and they like to use those tiny combs. I never thought to bring my own combs. That's a good idea. I'm really trying to learn how to braid my own hair though.

claud-uk

I noticed that the last time I was in a braiding salon for tree braids about two years ago. I have never seen so much to' up hair in my life. Every women in there had broken, neck length or shorter hair. One wanted tree braids but her hair was so many lengths they had to do micros.

Good for you op. Protect those strands! I don't let anyone touch my hair but one dominican shop for the occasional roller set for that reason. No one is going to damage my hair but me lol.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: