I fixed my Maxiglide

frida1980

I thought for certain I'd have to buy another one. My maxiglide was clogged and wouldn't steam. I realize now it's because I used filtered water instead of distilled. :wallbash:

I tried changing the water and cleaning it, but it was really stuck. I thought about using some lime away, but it said it couldn't be used in steam irons. I guessed that was what I maxiglide was. But I wondered, so I looked it up and found out that "steam iron" meant clothes iron. Irons get stuck like this all the time and there was a home remedy to get the unclogged. So I mixed one half distilled water and one half white vinegar in the water vessel. I was suppose to heat it up and let it steam burst, but nothing would come out. So I put it away and forgot about it for over a week. I came back today and heated it up for the heck of it. And it works! It steams again! Now I don't have to buy a new one yet!

Bnster

Good thinking. If it is still not up to par, there is always black friday coming up.
Thanks for the heads up about tap water and steaming ironing. I use tap water in my conair.

naturalmanenyc

I used tap water a few times and then Poland Springs in my Maxiglide. Good tip for cleaning the Maxiglide (and probably regular irons too).

CurlyMoo

I thought for certain I'd have to buy another one. My maxiglide was clogged and wouldn't steam. I realize now it's because I used filtered water instead of distilled. :wallbash:

I tried changing the water and cleaning it, but it was really stuck. I thought about using some lime away, but it said it couldn't be used in steam irons. I guessed that was what I maxiglide was. But I wondered, so I looked it up and found out that "steam iron" meant clothes iron. Irons get stuck like this all the time and there was a home remedy to get the unclogged. So I mixed one half distilled water and one half white vinegar in the water vessel. I was suppose to heat it up and let it steam burst, but nothing would come out. So I put it away and forgot about it for over a week. I came back today and heated it up for the heck of it. And it works! It steams again! Now I don't have to buy a new one yet!

And its a good thing you fixed it because the Maxglide is only available in the new model Maxiglide Express. :ohwell: Which sucks because I took my XP to work to give a flat iron demo to my coworkers and they loved it. A few of them want the MP but it's "sold out" everywhere! I recommened the Express to them but they don't want it because it's too small. I may get it someday.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm using distilled water, I once used bottled water but I stopped that. I don't have any problems and it's working well. I haven't let anyone use it. Which is important. These flat irons need tender loving care. :yep: