I got my hair done at Trade Secret yesterday!!!!!!

I got a deep conditioning treatment from the Trade Secret salon yesterday! A young, white male who is the only stylist there did my hair. After shampooing, he applied several conditioners one from Mizani, Redken and Paul Mitchell. He then placed me under the dryer to process for about 20 minutes. After he rinsed, I touched my hair and it was extremely soft. Even my new growth (I'm 2 months post-relaxer) was softer than usual! After combing out my hair, he wrapped it and placed me under the dryer once again for about an hour. After, he proceeded to use a Chi flat iron for my hair. This was my first experience with a Chi and I love how my hair came out. The end result was thick, straight hair with lots of body! My hair was moving in the slightest breeze. I give the Trade Secret salon two thumbs up.

While I was getting my hair done, I asked him question about his career as a hair stylist and what he believes in. He said no client should be turned down, regardless of their hair type. He said that he performs a relaxer about once a month (he doesnt have too many black clients) and he used Mizani lye and no-lye relaxers (This is great because I've been wanting to try it). He also said that braids were a good way of giving the hair a break (I had a hair color and a relaxer within a week and a half of one another over the summer and my hair was very weak, its doing better now).

There was one negative about the experience. When he was combing my hair for a wrap, he was a little rough. I had to tell him to be careful because of all my new growth. After telling him that, everything was okay! I plan on bringing my shower comb the next time I go.

The best thing of all (besides my hair feeling stronger) is that it was only $ 8.50! Can you believe that! He didnt charge me for the wrap/flat iron because when I was making the appointment, the receptionist never asked me if I wanted a style. He doesnt believe that anyone should walk out of a salon with their hair half done. He even gave me the Redken conditioner which retails for 14.95! Its called Redken All Soft Hair Transformer.

I really liked this guy and I told him that I'll be back. Next time, I'll be 4 months post relaxer and will try a rollerset! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

KAddy

That is a great deal. I am gald you had a wonderful experience...Uh...can we see some pics???? /images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

mytia

SuperWoman!
I'm glad you had a good experience /images/graemlins/clap.gif you really did get a great deal!

inthepink

That chi iron is great isn't it? My hair is also light and fluffy and blowing in the wind! I am all for stylists using Chi irons...I don't think I'll ever see anyone who doesn't from now on!

mysweetevie: When I walked in the salon, I wasnt sure if they did rollersets, then I spotted the magnetic rollers.

hairlove:I think I may have to invest in a Chi. I loved it!

Queenie: He was very nice and and fairly young.

DangerouslyShy

wow that is a good deal...I have a trade secrets in my mall, and I have never been in their isnt that a shame:(

He used three conditioners on your hair? Why? im just curious, I never thought about trying that!

Cowgirl

Wow, sounds like you made out like a bandit. This guys seems really nice and willing to learn. Since he doesn't do too many relaxers and may not be as familiar with how to handle extensive new growth; you can be his new teacher. He sounds young and eager to learn. So teach him how to pamper our hair, how to manage the new growth, comb gently etc.... Mold & shape him into the perfect stylist who is hair health concsious and you will have a "gold mine" on your hands. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

[ QUOTE ]
He used three conditioners on your hair? Why? im just curious, I never thought about trying that!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know why. I actually didnt even bother to ask. Those conditioners felt so good on my hair that I just let him continue. I can comb through my new growth without any hairs falling out or the comb getting tangled. I can even run my fingers through my new growth!

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, sounds like you made out like a bandit. This guys seems really nice and willing to learn. Since he doesn't do too many relaxers and may not be as familiar with how to handle extensive new growth; you can be his new teacher. He sounds young and eager to learn. So teach him how to pamper our hair, how to manage the new growth, comb gently etc.... Mold & shape him into the perfect stylist who is hair health concsious and you will have a "gold mine" on your hands. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good idea. I figured I would keep going there every two months for the deep conditioning treatment. Everytime he'll see me I'll have more new growth than before. This should give him some practice on dealing with my natural texture. My ideal goal is to go without a relaxer for about a year. If he continues to do a wonderful job, he'll be the one I go to for that relaxer! I'll keep you posted.

It was so great I'm glad I went. I was running my fingers through my new growth today and two days later it's still soft and manageable. He didnt even mention anything about trimming (or wanting to cut) my hair!! He seems to not be a scissor-happy stylist!!