I got the URGE to get my hair blowdried...

honeycomb719

by a stylist so bad yall. I mean, I want to really be able to see my progress I'm making. I have not been able to enjoy the lil bit of length obtain yet. I airdry faithfully, but my hair dont act right w/o someheat on it. I've been wearing my hair pulled back in a ponytail for so long, I just want to do it once for this coming holiday season, than back to the old ponytail and juice(moisturizer). Should I or what?

sillygurl18

yeah, you deserve it.

inthepink

Can you possibly skip the blowdrying and just straighten it with a curling iron or flat iron? At least that way, you'd eliminate one source of heat.

Vitality

Go for it girl one time won't hurt! Two weeks ago for my sisters wedding I actually let my niece use a curling iron on my hair (I hadn't used a curling iron or blow dryer since June '03) . She styled my hair in the prettiest spiral curl doo and everyone thought I was wearing a wig because my hair was so shiny, bouncy and healthy. I wouldn't let her blow dry it though because I only wanted one type of heat application on my hair.

Armyqt

Go for it. Just be sure to protect your hair with a good leave in. I would also suggest using Keracare silken seal. It's a lil costly, but well worth the results

shinyblackhair

Do it. If you don't it just going to keep bugging you until you do. You deserve to reward yourself for all your hard work and dedication.

A_Christian

You can have the stylist sit you under a hooded dryer, let your hair dry about 95% that way, and then blowdry the rest for only a couple minutes for added straightness. This wouldn't be too bad for your hair if it's only done every once in a while.

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
You can have the stylist sit you under a hooded dryer, let your hair dry about 95% that way, and then blowdry the rest for only a couple minutes for added straightness. This wouldn't be too bad for your hair if it's only done every once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I would do it. And then I would flat iron it if I wanted that straight straight style.

Dutchess

I'm a lot like you, I always get all anxious about putting heat on my hair. What I do is wash my hair at night and put in four braids, the next morning while it's not quite dry, I'll blow it dry which doesn't take much. This way I don't feel guilty about using a lot of heat.

inthepink

You can airdry your hair and then curl it when it is slightly damp...and I do mean slightly damp, not wet. I believe it is definitely ok to do this b/c I have done it with my hair, read about it on the internet, and the new ceramic curling iron I purchased says damp or dry hair. I think the dampness makes it slightly easier to straighten...kind of like ironing clothes.

Skipping unnecessary heat and taking a little more time is probably the way to go to feel best about it!