I Had A Touch Up Friday After 10 Weeks!!

Paris Belle

I just wanted to share my relaxer experience..I went for a touch up with a new stylist (I posted about consulting with her a few weeks ago) and after the longest period I've ever gone without a relaxer: 10 weeks!!

First off, I don't think I could go past 10 weeks, not that it was bad, I moisturized and washed frequently, but I think my hair was close to shedding..

But anyway, I really liked this stylist. Her name is Amparo and she owns the salon only a block away from me (in Harlem). She was very nice and attentive. She overlapped very little and did not slab the relaxer in my hair. She also didn't have a problem with me bringing my own stuff (which I spoken to her about previously). I also like the set up of her shop as the last place I went to was really tight with space..

I bought Motions Oil Mild and I am very pleased with the way it came out. My hair is straight, but it's no longer limp and thin as it was with Motions Regular..I'm really really glad I switched. Amparo looked at my ends and told me I didn't need a trim (a first in a long time!!)..

However, I think I need a trim in the front (with the layers), but not the back. I inspected it after I got home and took down my wrap (I really wanted to see how it looked)which really isn't so bad for me as the front usually needs a trim the most of all the rest of my here.

So, I've found a new stylist and a new relaxer that works well with my hair! Today was indeed a good day!!

I forgot to add, I'm now 1" away from bra strap and I'm so proud, I can't stop standing in front of the mirror swinging my hair and picturing it there and longer...Okay, I'm going to stop with the vanity, now I promise...

SweetNic_JA

Carmen, I'm glad your touch up and your new stylist turned out good. Your hair looked good at the last meeting so I can't imagine how it looks now! You go girl!

I'm due for my touchup next weekend. I love my twist out so much that i'm thinking that maybe I'll hold off on it??? I don't know. If I do go through with the touch up I hope I can rant and rave about it like you.

TTYL

elliot

I did not realize that you were 1" from BS! Congratulations!!!

Glad to hear that you like your new stylist too.

Paris Belle

I can't wait to see your hair..I read your posts about the twist out..Would you consider posting pics?

For some reason, I thought you were transitioning..? I don't know where I got that from..

Paris Belle

Hi Elliott!

I can't belive it myself..I didn't really get serious about this hair care stuff until Nov. 2002..I wasn't sure if it would work for me, but I've learned so much and all of my hard work is really paying off..Praise God!!

SweetNic_JA

Carmen, I'll try to scan some photos. I don't have a digital camera so I don't have anything recent. The only pictures I have are the ones that I showed you at the NY meeting and those were from December and January.

I'll have to bribe my friend into snapping some shots of me. She did it last time and she swore that I was crazy...she's just doesn't know
One day I forced her to use nexxus emergencee and KeraKare and I did a rollerset in her hair. It looked so nice. She kills me though. she's a 3b/3c and doesn't give a hoot about her hair. She just let's it break. Washes it every 2 weeks or longer, piles on all times of products on dirty hair. It still manages to stay at shoulder length. Ok, I've diverted but yeah Carmen, I will post pics when I get some.

Talk to you later !

godzooki

congrats on a successful touchup! It's rare when new stylists tell you you dont need a trim!

Brownie

Congratulations!!!!!I hope my next touch up goes well also, and that's great about you being an inch away from bra strap. I'm hoping to get to top of bra strap by my next touch up.

LondonDiva

Congratulations Carmenrose.
I know what you mean about the 10 week thing.:) I just went 11 weeks and never again. My hair grew between 1-2 inches in different areas and had gotten so thick on the B5 and biotin that my hair is underprocessed. I still can't comb through it
So it's in braids (without extensions) because I can't part it It's that thick I guess I should be grateful. I wanted the thickness now I got it, and it's a pain in the butt.

beana3

Another thing Carmen, I'm glad you were able to extend your touch up time without discomfort. I cannot stress enough how risky it is for me to extend touch ups any longer than 3 months (at the ABSOLUTE very longest). My norm is every 8 weeks. I saw your hair and it looked good even before your touch up

Paris Belle

Thank you so much everyone..I was hoping I didn't sound vain in my thread!!!
But I knew you all would understand...My mother still thinks we're all crazy, but she's glad that I have a support group!!

Beana, for leave in I used Infusium, for conditioners, I used the Motions Oil Moisturizer and Moisture Plus, and she used the sheen spray by ORS (Olive Oil)..When I got home I unwrapped it, combed it out and used mango butter (which I like) and rewrapped it--I only wanted to see how it looked at home!

SweetNic-Ja: I really hope you post your pics soon...

Elliot: My hair was to my shoulder blades (the bottom of shoulder blades)--like Tracy's length..

jazzyfunknastee

Congrats Carmen! I so need to make an appointment this Saturday. It'll be like 9 weeks since my last touchup and although using S-Curl made my new growth soft, it's too damn thick! I can't stretch it anymore.

Paris Belle

Yes, it's on Amsterdam Avenue, between 145th and 146th street. The name is Essential Style Unisex and it is Spanish-owned..Her name is Amparo and she is the main stylist..Right now, she has box braids.

mocha105

Hey gyrl we don't get our hair done too far away from each other...i go to designs and dimensions on 145th closer to 8th Ave!!!

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Elliott!

I can't belive it myself..I didn't really get serious about this hair care stuff until Nov. 2002..I wasn't sure if it would work for me, but I've learned so much and all of my hard work is really paying off..Praise God!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, girl...what an awesome thing--Praise God!

Robin41

Yay for you, Carmenrose! Isn't finding a great stylist a wonderful thang? I'll be at 10 weeks when I go for my touch-up on Saturday and my hair is reaching the point of no return also. I usually go every 8 weeks but my graduation is coming up next week so I stretched it out a little.

You swing and bounce that hair all you want, girl!

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Congrats Carmenrose!
I'm in week 9 now(the longest I've ever gone)and though, I can comb my new growth after moisturing with ors carrot oil & castor oil or s-curl, I'm shedding like crazy. Nevertheless, I'm waiting until after my exams, so I can take my time @ doing the touch up.
Peace