I had An Affair With A Man I Didn't Even Know...

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Two nights ago, I dreamed that I had an affair with a dark skinned YOUNG man.

I'm totally committed to my husband and I have NO idea why I would dream this type of dream.....

Should I confess my sin....or is it a sin? Why do I feel so guilty? :perplexed

Rapunzel*

the only thing you can do right now is pray about it.........

do you know this young man?
are you attracted to him?
did you go to sleep thinking about this young man?

if not you did nothing wrong imo

MzTami

Hellerrrr
No, I don't know him...It was just some random young man in my dream. The weirdest thing is that I kept trying to flip the dream to my husband, but the young man in my dream kept coming back and I gave into his temptation...

It's strange because I don't even like younger men...Besides, I would NEVER cheat on my husband. Cheating isn't in MY DNA.:nono:

I almost told my husband about it the next day, but I was like nawwww...it was just a dream and I don't want to go there, he'd probably think I'm out cheating or contemplating it in real life.

I just want to know if it's sinful to dream of an affair?

Rapunzel*

No, I don't know him...It was just some random young man in my dream. The weirdest thing is that I kept trying to flip the dream to my husband, but the young man in my dream kept coming back and I gave into his temptation...

It's strange because I don't even like younger men...Besides, I would NEVER cheat on my husband. Cheating isn't in MY DNA.:nono:

I almost told my husband about it the next day, but I was like nawwww...it was just a dream and I don't want to go there, he'd probably think I'm out cheating or contemplating it in real life.

ok good you dont know this young man.
i dont think its sinful to dream about an affair i mean it wasnt like you were thinking about cheating on your husband. dreams happen for a reason so maybe it was about someone you knew that might of or thought about having an affair.
no one can control what they dream about. like children per say they dont go to sleep wanting to have a nightmare neither do adults

BeautifulFlower

I would suggest you go to the bookstore and pick up Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge. You dont have to buy it. If after reading the first chapter in Part I you dont feel compelled to keep reading then maybe this is just something you need to pray through. But if you feel even a little convicted, keep reading.

inthepink

I would suggest you go to the bookstore and pick up Every Woman's Battle by Shannon Ethridge. You dont have to buy it. If after reading the first chapter in Part I you dont feel compelled to keep reading then maybe this is just something you need to pray through. But if you feel even a little convicted, keep reading.

I've been meaning to add that book to my collection. Thanks for suggesting this for the OP.

Nice & Wavy

Our eyes & ear gates are open to all kinds of things throughout the day. You may have seen something on tv that put a picture in your subconcious(sp) area of your mind and then you had this dream. It can happen with anything, that's why I don't fall asleep with the tv on because I always have dreams about what's on tv.

One time, I fell asleep after watching bugs bunny cartoon....yeah, I dreamt that I was sitting on the ground, eating a carrot talking to Bugs...and we were laughing at the fact that I was a human, talking to a cartoon:nono::lachen:

If we begin to believe that what we dream of are sins....we are in alot of trouble.

My suggestion is for you to pray before falling asleep and ask the Lord to close any area of this type of dream to come upon you while you are sleeping.

He always honor His word!

honeyflaava

MzTami, just as when you are awake, you must also cast down negative and ungodly thoughts (dreams) while you are sleeping. Whether awake or asleep, your mind is fair game to the enemy and it is your responsibility to take action. I would encourage you to pray the following prayer and meditate on the bible verses.

Father, I thank You for peaceful sleep, and for Your angels that encamp around us who fear You. You deliver us and keep us safe. The angels excel in strength, do Your word, and heed the voice of Your word. You give Your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

I bring every thought, every imagination, and every dream into the captivity and obedience of Jesus Christ. Father, I thank You that, even as I sleep, my heart counsels me and reveals to me Your purpose and plan. Thank You for sweet sleep, for You promised Your beloved sweet sleep. Therefore, my heart is glad and my spirit rejoices. My body and soul rest and confidently dwell in safety. Amen

Scripture References

Proverbs 3:24
Psalm 34:7
Psalm 103:20
Psalm 91:11
2 Corinthians 10:5

**Disclaimer – I take no responsibility for the prayer and scripture references. They are from an awesome prayer book called “Prayers That Avail Much” by Germaine Copeland.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Our eyes & ear gates are open to all kinds of things throughout the day. You may have seen something on tv that put a picture in your subconcious(sp) area of your mind and then you had this dream. It can happen with anything, that's why I don't fall asleep with the tv on because I always have dreams about what's on tv.

One time, I fell asleep after watching bugs bunny cartoon....yeah, I dreamt that I was sitting on the ground, eating a carrot talking to Bugs...and we were laughing at the fact that I was a human, talking to a cartoon:nono::lachen:

If we begin to believe that what we dream of are sins....we are in alot of trouble.

My suggestion is for you to pray before falling asleep and ask the Lord to close any area of this type of dream to come upon you while you are sleeping.

Amen.... He watches over His word to perform it. :yep:

MzTami,

just as when you are awake, you must also cast down negative and ungodly thoughts (dreams) while you are sleeping. Whether awake or asleep, your mind is fair game to the enemy

and it is your responsibility to take action. I would encourage you to pray the following prayer and meditate on the bible verses.

Father, I thank You for peaceful sleep, and for Your angels that encamp around us who fear You. You deliver us and keep us safe. The angels excel in strength, do Your word, and heed the voice of Your word. You give Your angels charge over me, to keep me in all my ways.

I bring every thought, every imagination, and every dream into the captivity and obedience of Jesus Christ. Father, I thank You that, even as I sleep, my heart counsels me and reveals to me Your purpose and plan. Thank You for sweet sleep, for You promised Your beloved sweet sleep. Therefore, my heart is glad and my spirit rejoices. My body and soul rest and confidently dwell in safety. Amen

Scripture References

Proverbs 3:24
Psalm 34:7
Psalm 103:20
Psalm 91:11
2 Corinthians 10:5

**Disclaimer – I take no responsibility for the prayer and scripture references. They are from an awesome prayer book called “Prayers That Avail Much” by Germaine Copeland.

Amen....You allowed the Holy Spirit to use you with posting this awesome prayer. You'll never know how it will bless others who read it.

Not everyone has access to this prayer or the several books of prayers by Germaine Copeland and others like her. You've made this possible by sharing what you have knowledge of. :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member

I'm totally committed to my husband and I have NO idea why I would dream this type of dream.....

You have nothing to feel guilty about.

As Jesus said to the woman who was 'caught in the actual act of adultery', "Where are your accusers?"

MzTami, where are your accusers? I don't see any, and most assuredly neither does Jesus. He loves you and He was right there in your Dream keeping the enemy at bay.

Where are your accusers? There are none... :giveheart: You've given this dream over to the Lord.

Last edited:

Ballerina_Bun

The Bugs Bunny dream was funny. I laughed hard at that one :lachen:

I feel asleep watching something on tv. I guess I dreamt about what I was still hearing subconsciously. When I woke up, I was able to follow the movie.

Once I fell asleep with the radio on and dreamt about what they were talking about. It wasn’t good though, that is what was on the radio. It was the news and what some woman had done …etc. my spirit or subconscious absorbed this while sleeping.

….staying out of this thread now . Deleted my original post. N&W’s advice was more appropriate for this board than what I wrote.

Nice & Wavy

The Bugs Bunny dream was funny. I laughed hard at that one :lachen:

I feel asleep watching something on tv. I guess I dreamt about what I was still hearing subconsciously. When I woke up, I was able to follow the movie.

Once I fell asleep with the radio on and dreamt about what they were talking about. It wasn’t good though, that is what was on the radio. It was the news and what some woman had done …etc. my spirit or subconscious absorbed this while sleeping.

….staying out of this thread now . Deleted my original post. N&W’s advice was more appropriate for this board than what I wrote.
I laughed too when I woke up. Dh looked at me like :spinning: because I woke up laughing.

We must be careful with whatever we allow in our spirit, whether we are awake or asleep. It does affect us, whether we know it or not:yep:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
MzTami, I don't see any reason for you to feel guilty. Dreams are more symbolic than literal and can be interpreted, depending on your personal circumstances.

chicacanella

Tami,

it was most likely an attack of the enemy. People wonder how psychics can know what's happening two days later from dreams and it's because of the enemy.

Next time that happens say, "In the name of Jesus Christ I bind you and rebuke you. Return from where you came."

At night also, ask God to cover your dreams with the blood of Jesus Christ and that The Holy spirit be emersed throughout your dream life, including that the fire of The Holy Spirit circulate around your dreams.

chicacanella

ok good you dont know this young man.
i dont think its sinful to dream about an affair i mean it wasnt like you were thinking about cheating on your husband. dreams happen for a reason so maybe it was about someone you knew that might of or thought about having an affair.
no one can control what they dream about. like children per say they dont go to sleep wanting to have a nightmare neither do adults

When you say dreams happen for a reason...I'd like to interject here. Yes the do happen for a reason but sometimes it is not because of us. Sometimes, the enemy does enter dreams and I know because The Holy Spirit has been revealing to me how dreams work. It could have nothing to do with her knowing the person but just the enemy showing up in her dream as a handsome young man. Whether we are awake or sleep, we have to be vigilant.

I do believe that you can control what you dream about and retain the same sanctification and holiness that you have while awake, while dreaming also. When the enemy tries to come up on you and your dream life, you have to take authority in the name of Jesus Christ and slap it back to wherever it came from.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Not a sin! Don't stress over it.

Jazzmommy

God gives us promises in His word that our sleep shall be sweet. So, I would recommend as others that you meditate on His word concerning that.

Proverbs 3:24: "When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet."

I remember once having a crazy dream about something that a close family member had done to me that I know wasn't true, so I just bound it up, gave it to the Lord and meditated on Proverbs 3:24.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Sin is a willful act of disobedience.