I Had Such An Experience on Saturday...

chavascandy

Its a good thing you went with your first instinct. I can imagine how beautiful your hair must have been. I wish you had some pic's though.

bluwatersoul

This is a lovely story. If your hair came out anything like in your siggy I know it was bangin! Please tell me the name and address of the salon, DD is coming home this weekend from college and I'd like to treat her!

klb120475

That was one of the best posts I've read in a long time.:drunk: I was reading it like a story...couldn't wait to see what was gon happen next.:pop:

sareca

I haven't tried a new hair product in ages. This sounds like a good one...

Thanks and I'm glad you found a new stylist. I need to start praying over my hair more. :look:

Last edited:

*fabulosity*

Thanks so much. Did you pay alot for your Morrocan Oil? Where did you purchase yours?

I know she didn't use alot when she put it in my hair, probably because it is very expensive. But, I watched her put it in the persons hair before me, who is hispanic, and her hair came out really nice.

It's a daggone shame when you know a product from the back of the bottle....:lachen::lachen::lachen:..I knew it was Morrocan Oil before I even saw the front of it....now, that's a true sign of a PJ!:lachen:

I think I paid 29.99 for 3.4 oz..and 31.99 for the 16 oz hair mask... not Kerastase expensive...but not cheap either. I haven't used it...lol..girl you know its sitting all perched up on my "to use when I'm going somewhere" part of the rolling bin.. lol..

Girl you talking about the back of the bottle.. I'm like the smell... My stylist uses a kerastase hairspray in the green bottle..and one of my friends smelled like it.. and I was like is that the multiprotective hair spray? She looked at me like you are nuts..but why yes..yes it is.. lol..

Product Junkies UNITE!!! (Kind of like REGULATORS mount up ROFLMAO...)..

Your hair is beautiful...

ETA:

Oh I got the morrocanoil and mask off of ebay...and it turned out to be a local michigander who lives not far from work place... if I like it that much she says I can stop by and pick it up..lol!

caribgirl

Loved this happy ending salon story, N&W!!! I died on the part about having a LHCF eagle eye :lachen:!!! I sure wish I could have confirmed my daydream of your hair with a pic :rolleyes: :lachen:! Thanks for sharing, sis!!

lennet93

Wow, I'm glad you had a great experience. I haven't been to a salon in over a year because they just don't get it right sometimes. You know you're a LHCF member when a story like yours just melts your heart..:lachen:Is there any chance this salon is in Brooklyn or Queens?:look:

flower

Is the salon in NYC? I just had a bad experience with a reputable stylist. I am so bummed about the incident.

...at a Dominican salon..I just have to share!

I had a party to go to on Saturday and I was going to do my own hair. I knew that I wouldn't have time, so I decided to get it done. I live to far from my regular person that I go too (closer to work) so I decided that I would just find a salon in my area. I prayed first and asked God to send me to the right place, cause some of these people.....well, you know.

He did that and more!

So, as I was driving, I saw a salon on the left, but I had passed it and then saw another one on the right. I decided that I would go to the one on the right. Went in, told the woman what I wanted and I took a seat. All the while as I was sitting waiting, I kept feeling the urge to go to the first one I saw. I hesitated for about 15 minutes. Then, I got up went to the door..stood there for a minute and then went to my car. I took off and went to the first one. Well...I'm so glad that I did.

It was a small place with only 4 chairs and 3 dryers. At first I was like...ummmm:blush: I don't want to be in here all day. But, I stayed and told the woman what I wanted. They took me right away and began to shampoo my hair.

The first thing I noticed was that all their products were excellent products. The shampoo they used where Phyto Organics. Then they gave me a treatment, Sebastians. The girl was very gentle with my hair and didn't tug and pull like some others can do. Sat under the dryer for 15 min and then she rinsed my hair.

When I sat in the chair to be rollerset, the owner said to me "mommy, your hair is dry because you are natural...natural hair is automatically dry because the curl is tight. I'm going to put a special cream in your hair that will make it moist and not dry, ok?" I asked her what was the special cream, but she said "no worry, mommy...it's good." Ya'll know they like to keep secrets....:lachen:but, I said ok.

She put it in and then rollerset me. After I came out of the dryer and she took out my rollers...my curls fell so sweet. Geez, my curls never fell like that and looked so plush. I wish I had my camera ya'll....:lachen:

Then, she pulled out a bottle, about 12ozs and tried to hide it, but my LHCF eagle eyes saw it....it was Morrocan Oil! That's that oil that's pretty expensive and she put some in her hands and massaged it throughout my hair. It was very light, did not weigh my hair down at all.

She began to blow out my hair, but she did it with a really luke warm temp....she blew it up and out, not down like most salons. Never once did my scalp burn or did I see smoke coming from my hair. I was wondering...what in the world is she doing to my hair..I need heat, that's whats going to make my hair straight. But, chile let me tell you something....after she finished my hair, it was the bounceiest, moistiest, lushist, silkiest, shiniest hair I ever saw. (I know those aren't the right way to spell those words, but I just spelled it how I felt it looked:lachen:) She asked me "how do you like it" and I told her I didn't like it....I LOVED IT!!! She hooked me up, ya'll!

I shed a tear...it was that beautiful!:lachen:

She asked me if she could spray a little hair spray in my hair and that it won't make my hair hard or sticky...I said yes, go right ahead. She was right...it was fantastic! My hair stayed that way all night long and I was so happy it didn't frizz up. DH loved it and I got so many compliments that night....I did look good:grin:, clothes and all!

I left that salon feeling like a million bucks! It's Monday morning and I haven't put any moisturizer, oil or anything in my hair and my hair is moist, bouncy and flowing. I'm impressed and very happy to say the least!

Ya'll know what my hair looks like already, so I didn't take a pic. What I'm most happy about is that she told me that my ends were incredible. I haven't trimmed in a few months, so I'm doing something right!

Well...I guess she is my new stylist....I love my other girl, and although she is great, my hair has never been this wonderful! Oh, and the new girl told me that her salon wants people to grow their hair long, healthy and strong. I could see that with all the products they used and the other women that came in there. Everyone had beautiful hair. They had Kuz, AG, Phyto Organics, etc. My eyes were darting back and forth trying to remember all the products they used there....:grin:

I know this is a long post, but I just wanted to share because there are great Dominican Salons out there....I'm just so happy that I found one!

Blessings!

Nice & Wavy

You make a sista really want to slap a relaxer in just to get this experience! There's something cathartic about a great blow-out at the right dominican spot!
Girl...I'm natural just like you! I do love when they get the blow-out just right...it's the best!

This is how I feel every time I leave from the Dominican salon I go to. My stylists likes to call everyone mami as well lol!! I'm so glad you had a great experience. There's nothing better than to walk around, barely moving your head, but your hair is just BOUNCING allll over the place lol!
LOL...I love that..it's so affectionate "mami"...:grin: Girl, my hair was moving like it wasn't even on my head...I was happy!

Its a good thing you went with your first instinct. I can imagine how beautiful your hair must have been. I wish you had some pic's though.
It's good to hear from the Lord and obey....it's awesome! Next time I will take pics...promise!

This is a lovely story. If your hair came out anything like in your siggy I know it was bangin! Please tell me the name and address of the salon, DD is coming home this weekend from college and I'd like to treat her!
Awwww...thank you. I will pm you.

That was one of the best posts I've read in a long time.:drunk: I was reading it like a story...couldn't wait to see what was gon happen next.:pop:
I miss you lil sis! I'm glad you enjoyed my story...I know you got a kick out of it...:lachen:

I think I paid 29.99 for 3.4 oz..and 31.99 for the 16 oz hair mask... not Kerastase expensive...but not cheap either. I haven't used it...lol..girl you know its sitting all perched up on my "to use when I'm going somewhere" part of the rolling bin.. lol..

Girl you talking about the back of the bottle.. I'm like the smell... My stylist uses a kerastase hairspray in the green bottle..and one of my friends smelled like it.. and I was like is that the multiprotective hair spray? She looked at me like you are nuts..but why yes..yes it is.. lol..

Product Junkies UNITE!!! (Kind of like REGULATORS mount up ROFLMAO...)..

Your hair is beautiful...

ETA:

Oh I got the morrocanoil and mask off of ebay...and it turned out to be a local michigander who lives not far from work place... if I like it that much she says I can stop by and pick it up..lol!
Thanks so much! Wow...that's not that bad for the oil...I might just get some myself:yep: I know you are happy you have someone close by that sells it...good for you!

Loved this happy ending salon story, N&W!!! I died on the part about having a LHCF eagle eye :lachen:!!! I sure wish I could have confirmed my daydream of your hair with a pic :rolleyes: :lachen:! Thanks for sharing, sis!!
Thanks...:lachen::lachen:...girl, you know you can't get but so much over on us...we will see it!:lachen: Sorry about not having the pics!

Wow, I'm glad you had a great experience. I haven't been to a salon in over a year because they just don't get it right sometimes. You know you're a LHCF member when a story like yours just melts your heart..:lachen:Is there any chance this salon is in Brooklyn or Queens?:look:
Thanks. You are right..they don't get it right and its hard. Although I don't straighten my hair alot, when I do, I want it to be a good experience:yep:

Is the salon in NYC? I just had a bad experience with a reputable stylist. I am so bummed about the incident.
I'll pm you.

Nice & Wavy

I haven't tried a new hair product in ages. This sounds like a good one...

Thanks and I'm glad you found a new stylist. I need to start praying over my hair more. :look:

It is good. I'm going to purchase some myself:yep:

Thanks, sareca. You are not alone about praying more over my hair. I thank the Lord that I listened to Him on Saturday...:yep:

klb120475

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

JerriBlank

I can't find the ingredients to the Moroccan oil treatment.
Can anyone who has it list it?

I just ended up buying the argan oil (1oz. for $10 off ebay),but i would like to invest in the treatment if this works out for me.

Nice & Wavy

You told that story so well :yep: Whatever the salon is, they need to put you on the payroll for making us all want to move to NY :lachen:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:...I'm sure they are going to wonder how come all this business all of a sudden:lachen:

great thread and story but i'm mad at you having no pics :(
Don't be mad...I'll take pics next time...promise!

OK I'll be the tenth one to ask: Kindly share the name and location of the salon.

Many thanks in advance.
Tenth? Chile please.....more like 50th:lachen:

You know you were asking for this:grin::

:morepics::Flahsssss
Ok...let me just:hammer:myself already for not taking pics....:lachen:

Sweetie083

Hi Nice & Wavy :wave:,

I sent you a PM for the name and location of the salon but did not hear from you yet and I was wondering if you got my message. Can you please send me the information for the salon? Thank you.

*Muffin*

Deep conditioning treatments? Moroccan oil? Bouncing and flowing hair? Are you sure this was a salon, cuz I think you probably stepped into my fantasies :lachen:. Maybe If I had an experience with your stylist I wouldn't be so anti-salons.

Isis77

Nice & Wavy your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :drool:

and finding such an amazing hair stylist is def. a blessing! I just hope I'll be able to find a place that wonderful soon too! *off to pm you for that address!*

Nice & Wavy

Hi Nice & Wavy :wave:,

I sent you a PM for the name and location of the salon but did not hear from you yet and I was wondering if you got my message. Can you please send me the information for the salon? Thank you.

Girl...I totally missed your pm...there are people joining LHCF just to pm me about the location:lachen:...that's good though..we like newbies!!!

I sent it to you.

Blessings.

Nice & Wavy

Deep conditioning treatments? Moroccan oil? Bouncing and flowing hair? Are you sure this was a salon, cuz I think you probably stepped into my fantasies :lachen:. Maybe If I had an experience with your stylist I wouldn't be so anti-salons.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:...you are too cute!

Nice & Wavy

Nice & Wavy your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! :drool:

and finding such an amazing hair stylist is def. a blessing! I just hope I'll be able to find a place that wonderful soon too! *off to pm you for that address!*

Awww...you are too sweet, thank you!

Sending it to you now!

Sweetie083

Girl...I totally missed your pm...there are people joining LHCF just to pm me about the location:lachen:...that's good though..we like newbies!!!

I sent it to you.

Blessings.

Thank you N&W, you are so sweet. I think I'll go after I take these braids out and give my hair a week to rest and recover :yep:.

Tee

N&W, I am glad you had such a great experience! It sounds golden. She is a sure keeper. :up: