I hate all HYH CHALLENGES!!!

blazingthru

I am totally not into those hide your hair challenges, I think its a great practice. I think its good to keep your hair up to get to the next level but not to post your pictures????, whats the point. Why hide it from us? I find that to be extremly boring and I never check back to see six months later, I am totally interested in something else by then. Why not post your pictures in your fotki or whatever and still leave out your password. You guys never seem to get how encouraging and how supportive you can be by sharing your growth process and that hyh stuff keeps you out of the loop as far as I am concerned, your fotki is locked or you haven't updated it and won't for six months and its just not fair to the rest of us. Really it just frustrates me so much to see others joining that challenge and they are the very people that helped me keep my focus and then nothing else for months. Then I have to go and find someone else. I don't come on here as much as I use to because I get so freaking tired of hearing about another challenge that hides the progress, oh you get to see the end results but getting there is really the best part and I like seeing it as it goes along. I for one will never join a challenge like that. Hide my hair from the very people that have helped me get here. No thank you!:mad:

kittenz

I never knew the HYH challenges meant to hide it from us also. :confused: I thought it meant just to hide it in public, wear a wig, a weave, braids, a turbon(sp?) or whatever. Know that I know I don't like it either. ITA!!:mad: Yes I am mad now!!! How can I be a hair stalker if you guys go and HYH. How rude!!

Why I oughtta do a run by wig snatching!!:angry2:

glamazon386

That's why I fell off the July one. I like posting updates. I mean I still keep my hair hidden but I do post pictures in my fotki and sometimes in my siggy. Anybody who wants to see my progress can see it there.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
kittenz said:
:lachen:Why I oughtta do a run by wig snatching!!:angry2:
I immediately thought of JamericanGurl's Turkey wig snatching incident. :lachen:

---

It's a bummer sometimes, but if that technique works for the HYH challengers... :up: :up:

I haven't been good with challenges lately, but I really admire their determination. I like looking at their pics when it's time to reveal too.

LocksOfLuV

:( :(

But see hide my hair for me means hide my hair. When I am in the challenges I don't straigten AT ALL, in IRL OR LHCF. So there ain't nothing for yall to see. I am not about to post length shots of 4b-airdried-nonstraight-shrinked-up-texlaxed hair in a big boring twist either. I ain't wasting yall time OR mines.:lol: :look: So, in the end, I guess yall gonna have to be mad at me LOL. But I'm sure it is okay. There are MASS ladies here with hair waaay better than mines. Yall ain't missing nothing.

Sistaslick

LocksOfLuV said:

But see hide my hair for me means hide my hair. When I am in the challenges I don't straigten AT ALL, in IRL OR LHCF. So there ain't nothing for yall to see. I am not about to post length shots of 4b-airdried-nonstraight-shrinked-up-texlaxed hair in a big boring twist either. I ain't wasting yall time OR mines.:lol: :look: So, in the end, I guess yall gonna have to be mad at me LOL. But I'm sure it is okay. There are MASS ladies here with hair waaay better than mines. Yall ain't missing nothing.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Surely you jest. :lol:

Nah seriously, I can't stay faithful to any challenges because I change my mind entirely too much. I'm so fickle, I'll shut my album down and stop updating for months over 1 bad hair day.:lol: I remember I tried to join a no length checking challenge back in the day, but I failed that because I'm the type that will wash my hair and get out and look at it in the mirror and jump back in again.:lol: You know how that wet length is... baybayyyy! :lol:

For the HYH challenges, I feel like I already wear protective styles like 24/7 so I do need a break from time to time. But I love seeing the updates when the HYH challenge ends. It works for so many people, so I'm behind 'em 100%. You have to do what you have to do!

KiniKakes

Sistaslick said:
I remember I tried to join a no length checking challenge back in the day, but I failed that because I'm the type that will wash my hair and get out and look at it in the mirror and jump back in again.:lol: You know how that wet length is... baybayyyy! :lol:

:lachen: :lachen: Girl you are silly! But yup, im the same way...... i just cant resist looking at my length and checking on things in the mirror. I mean, i only take pics every 3 months, because im aware that if i take them monthly i wont see too much difference. But i dern sure cant wait months at a time to check on how its growing. I just dont have the self-control or will-power in me. :lol:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Well, I definitely take responsibility for this. I joined the board in March and have yet to put a Fotki up. I plan to do so, along with a full journal after I relax this weekend. I've just been so lazy and intimidated about putting up pictures. But I already took them at the beginning of my journal. So when I relax in a few days, it will be a 3-month progress report. Thanks for pushing me and others to do this. You're right: it's only fair... ;)

Swanky

kittenz said:
I never knew the HYH challenges meant to hide it from us also. :confused: I thought it meant just to hide it in public, wear a wig, a weave, braids, a turbon(sp?) or whatever. Know that I know I don't like it either. ITA!!:mad: Yes I am mad now!!! How can I be a hair stalker if you guys go and HYH. How rude!!

Why I oughtta do a run by wig snatching!!:angry2:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
Kittenz,
Been there, done that, I mean worn a wig, braid/braid extensions and not for the purpose of hiding progress, but for bad hair days/or too busy to fool with hair.

ak46

LocksOfLuV said:

I agree with what you're saying.

I usually join the HYH challenges because they just happen to last the same amount of time as my relaxer stretch. I do take pics of the styles I wear during my stretches and update my fotki but not usually any pics of length because they wouldn't be accurate (I don't blow dry of flat-iron my hair during my stretches). I usually just wait until I get a touch up to update my length checks. Also, I just think it's fun to see the results of the challengers' hair after 3 months of growth or 6 months, or whatever the challenge is. :lol:

Junonia

ak46 said:
I agree with what you're saying.

I usually join the HYH challenges because they just happen to last the same amount of time as my relaxer stretch. I do take pics of the styles I wear during my stretches and update my fotki but not usually any pics of length because they wouldn't be accurate (I don't blow dry of flat-iron my hair during my stretches). I usually just wait until I get a touch up to update my length checks. Also, I just think it's fun to see the results of the challengers' hair after 3 months of growth or 6 months, or whatever the challenge is. :lol:

ITA... My relaxer stretches end the same time HYH ends. I really don't post pics in my fotki unless it something significant. I like to see how much growth I've retained at the end of three months and I like to see other peoples progress at the of their relaxer stretches. It's hair inspiration for me.

senimoni

LOL...this is cute. You are really psst huh? I feel like Saphyrri..."you mad huh". Granted I'm in a challenge...but I know what you mean.., there are quite a few of my fav heads on this challenge. I know its ya'lls hair and all but you should only be allowed to join every OTHER challenge....can't be leaving us hanging years at a time.

RabiaElaine

I really am sorry that hiding our hair from the board is frustrating to you. When I created the challenge my original intention was to simply hide our hair from the public while at the same time protecting our hair. During the first challenge one of the challengers suggested that we add the rule of not posting pics. We also decided to add that rule because the reveal thread would give us extra inspiration to continue hiding after. I do believe it has for us and non-challengers as well. I agree with what someone else said- my hair doesn't show much progress month to month. It's the culmination of several months of growth that really shows that hiding my hair works. The good thing is our next reveal thread is right around the corner.

MzOptimistic

Trudy said:
I am totally not into those hide your hair challenges, I think its a great practice. I think its good to keep your hair up to get to the next level but not to post your pictures????, whats the point. Why hide it from us? I find that to be extremly boring and I never check back to see six months later, I am totally interested in something else by then. Why not post your pictures in your fotki or whatever and still leave out your password. You guys never seem to get how encouraging and how supportive you can be by sharing your growth process and that hyh stuff keeps you out of the loop as far as I am concerned, your fotki is locked or you haven't updated it and won't for six months and its just not fair to the rest of us. Really it just frustrates me so much to see others joining that challenge and they are the very people that helped me keep my focus and then nothing else for months. Then I have to go and find someone else. I don't come on here as much as I use to because I get so freaking tired of hearing about another challenge that hides the progress, oh you get to see the end results but getting there is really the best part and I like seeing it as it goes along. I for one will never join a challenge like that. Hide my hair from the very people that have helped me get here. No thank you!:mad:

I'm sorry that you hate HYH challenges but this is what grew my hair to the length I am now, which is 1 1/2 inches from bs. Alot of the ladies look forward to our updates and Rabia, don't apologize, the HYH challengers had an option to join or not join and no one helped me grow my hair on here, when I was a newbie and would ask a question, no one would answer my questions, that's why I bend over backwards to help the next one. I had to learn the hard way. This thread is a joke:ohwell: knocking the hyh challenges. I have heard it all tonight. I usually sit back and chill but this thread is toooo funny! I think I'll stop here but this thread is definitely a joke! YOU'RE tired of the HYH challenges.LOL.. We got another HYH challenge coming next month, in case you didn't know!

Last edited:

Sistaslick

tsmith said:
I'm sorry that you hate HYH challenges but this is what grew my hair to the length I am now, which is 1 1/2 inches from bs. Alot of the ladies look forward to our updates and Rabia, don't apologize, the HYH challengers had an option to join or not join and no one helped me grow my hair on here, when I was a newbie and would ask a question, no one would answer my questions, that's why I bend over backwards to help the next one. I had to learn the hard way. This thread is a joke:ohwell: knocking the hyh challenges. I have heard it all tonight. I usually sit back and chill but this thread is toooo funny! I think I'll stop here but this thread is definitely a joke! YOU'RE tired of the HYH challenges.LOL.. We got another HYH challenge coming next month, in case you didn't know!

simmer... simmer... breathe.... whooo saaaa....:lol:

Sistaslick

RabiaElaine said:
I really am sorry that hiding our hair from the board is frustrating to you. When I created the challenge my original intention was to simply hide our hair from the public while at the same time protecting our hair. During the first challenge one of the challengers suggested that we add the rule of not posting pics. We also decided to add that rule because the reveal thread would give us extra inspiration to continue hiding after. I do believe it has for us and non-challengers as well. I agree with what someone else said- my hair doesn't show much progress month to month. It's the culmination of several months of growth that really shows that hiding my hair works. The good thing is our next reveal thread is right around the corner.

And why are you apologizing? :whyme: :computer: These challenges have helped so many!:hammer:

Sistaslick

senimoni said:
LOL...this is cute. You are really psst huh? I feel like Saphyrri..."you mad huh". Granted I'm in a challenge...but I know what you mean.., there are quite a few of my fav heads on this challenge. I know its ya'lls hair and all but you should only be allowed to join every OTHER challenge....can't be leaving us hanging years at a time.

I could hear her voice when I read that. :lol: Po' Leilene. :lol:

SignatureBeauty

I can't wait until July 4th to see all the beautiful Hair, Next go round I might just join in, I too do not take alot of pics while growing out my Twa because I already don't see it growing Fast enough, but on July 1st, I will post my 6 month Progress Pic and then I won't take another Pic until January 08, Taking to many pics in a short amount of time is just discouraging to me LOL!!!

It is Okay Trudy in a few days you will get to see their hair and I am sure you will be glad to see there progress, I know it has been going on for awhile and it seems like forever, but they are about to show it off soon, I started to make me a Fotki album but I just don't take alot of pics of my hair, I'll just post what I have LOL!!!!

I don't think Trudy was being mean I think she was just frustrated and wanted to see the progress because you all inspire her, And maybe it came out that way out of frustration. (I Think!)

shunta

senimoni said:

:lol: :lol: I remember that from the show. How funny!

I cant wait to see all the HYH challengers next month. Im so looking forward to it.

RubyWoo

NappyParadise said:
I don't think Trudy was being mean I think she was just frustrated and wanted to see the progress because you all inspire her, And maybe it came out that way out of frustration. (I Think!)

That's what I think too! I'm also looking foward to the reveals! They're always so inspiring.

cmw45

tsmith said:

ITA. I think that unless your hair is APL and thick, BSL, WSL, your hair grows amazingly quick, or you had a super change...on the day to day NO ONE really cares, NO ONE is asking you questions, NO ONE is all up in your fotki asking your for your hair tips. I mean, I can count TWICE on the forum where I've asked a question and go very few responses, and then a famous LHCFer (I love all of them too) ask and then everybody and there momma's dog with the jerhi curl has something to say. I think that they HYH challenges have really helped me to grow my hair...when I was on Rabia Elaine's HYH challenge, my very first challenge, I stayed with the protective styling..my hair grew. I T-totally agree with tsmith...who has always made a point of anwsering newbie questions (inc. mine...yes gurl, this has not gone unnoticed, this can also be said for some other really kind ladies.)

Either way, I'm sorry that the HYH challenges frustrate you...but they help me to achieve my hair goals, and I promise, I will support whatever helps you with yours. Muahz!

Last edited:

LocksOfLuV

Yall also have to remember no one HAS to post anything for anyone. Posting hair pics isn't a right it's actually a privilage.

I don't understand how people can act like they are oh so lost without people's pics (even tho I play around like that :lol: ) when in fact I think people are getting too comfy with the idea that one MUST post pics anyways. A lot of people post pics for themselves only. People should be able to stop posting pics whenever they feel like it. And like Rabia said, it takes mos for me personally to see process.

Radianthealth

At first they bothered me:mad: :mad: :mad: ,

but now I find that I don't update pics as often as I used to:look: . I ran out of stuff to take pictures of, now I update like every 3-4 months like clockwork.

I was never big on stalking fotkis, lately I tend to check others for updates whenever I update my photos;)

glamazon386

You ladies are right the challenges are a big help. I think I'm going to get back on for the next one. I just wanted some time to enjoy my new natural hair for a minute. My hair is still hidden in the real world 99% of the time even though I post updates in my fotki.

glamazon386

cmw45 said:
I mean, I can count TWICE on the forum where I've asked a question and go very few responses, and then a famous LHCFer (I love all of them too) ask and then everybody and there momma's dog with the jerhi curl has something to say.

That was funny. :lol: But you're right cmw. Nobody ever asked about my hair until after I went natural. They only asked about weaves or other types of extensions.

Amour

cmw45 said:
ITA. I think that unless your hair is APL and thick, BSL, WSL, your hair grows amazingly quick, or you had a super change...on the day to day NO ONE really cares, NO ONE is asking you questions, NO ONE is all up in your fotki asking your for your hair tips. I mean, I can count TWICE on the forum where I've asked a question and go very few responses, and then a famous LHCFer (I love all of them too) ask and then everybody and there momma's dog with the jerhi curl has something to say. I think that they HYH challenges have really helped me to grow my hair...when I was on Rabia Elaine's HYH challenge, my very first challenge, I stayed with the protective styling..my hair grew. I T-totally agree with tsmith...who has always made a point of anwsering newbie questions (inc. mine...yes gurl, this has not gone unnoticed, this can also be said for some other really kind ladies.)

Either way, I'm sorry that the HYH challenges frustrate you...but they help me to achieve my hair goals, and I promise, I will support whatever helps you with yours. Muahz!

:lachen: :lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen:

I can understand the OP's frustration, but if the challenge helps folks retain length then I think its well worth the frustration. I personally LOVE the big reveal can not wait until 4th July :)

sareca

cmw45 said:
ITA. I think that unless your hair is APL and thick, BSL, WSL, your hair grows amazingly quick, or you had a super change...on the day to day NO ONE really cares, NO ONE is asking you questions, NO ONE is all up in your fotki asking your for your hair tips. I mean, I can count TWICE on the forum where I've asked a question and go very few responses, and then a famous LHCFer (I love all of them too) ask and then everybody and theremomma's dog with the jerhi curl has something to say. I think that they HYH challenges have really helped me to grow my hair...when I was on Rabia Elaine's HYH challenge, my very first challenge, I stayed with the protective styling..my hair grew. I T-totally agree with tsmith...who has always made a point of anwsering newbie questions (inc. mine...yes gurl, this has not gone unnoticed, this can also be said for some other really kind ladies.)

:lachen::lachen:That's too funny. I feel you tho. I've had plenty threads I could hear crickets in... :ohwell:

HYH stuff used to bug me. But I don't look in other people's fotki that often anymore. Now I only look in the "am I at APL" type threads or when people ask for my pw or make a comment on one of pics.