I hate all HYH CHALLENGES!!!

MzOptimistic

bmoreflyygirl said:
But Rabia said I could!! :cry3:

If, she said you can, then you can, she override me. YOU KNO DAT!:p

ETA: I went and re-read your post. You can post your updates pic in your fotki and keep it locked and no more siggy pics missy. Nice try missy, Quit playin. LOL

Last edited:

glamazon386

tsmith said:
If, she said you can, then you can, she override me. YOU KNO DAT!:p

ETA: I went and re-read your post. You can post your updates pic in your fotki and keep it locked and no more siggy pics missy. Nice try missy, Quit playin. LOL

LOL Nobody can see my length if I'm wearing a wash and go. My hair still shrinks up to a TWA after 14 months worth of growth. I'm hoping to make shoulder length soon. Hopefully by my 1 year nappiversary in September. :ohwell: But you're right no more pictures of my actual hair. :(

MzOptimistic

bmoreflyygirl said:
LOL Nobody can see my length if I'm wearing a wash and go. My hair still shrinks up to a TWA after 14 months worth of growth. I'm hoping to make shoulder length soon. Hopefully by my 1 year nappiversary in September. :ohwell: But you're right no more pictures of my actual hair. :(

Your hair is very pretty by the way and I didn't know you was talking about wash n go's. If RAbia ok'd it...YOU good;)

glamazon386

tsmith said:
Your hair is very pretty by the way and I didn't know you was talking about wash n go's. If RAbia ok'd it...YOU good;)

Thanks... I think we forget that natural people can be hiding their hair just off of shrinkage alone. I've only had my hair straightened twice since I've been natural. And even after I did, I wore a straight half wig until I washed it out. So nobody really knows how long it is. I didn't post pictures the first time (in Feb) until after April Fools. The 2nd time (in May) I put them in my fotki and a picture of the front in my siggy as a comparison but you couldn't see the length in the back. I'm gonna try and go back to him before the end of this month. I think I might be due for a trim.

SleekandBouncy

Wow, I didn't know about taking down already existing photos or locking albums. That's silly, IMHO. I think the hide your hair challenges are great but I don't think it should involve removing already existing photos, locking photo albums, etc. There's too much inspiration to be shared from the photos. This board isn't simply about growing ones own hair. It's also about sharing hair ups and downs and motivating others by ones own successe. I put my photo album up because I wanted to inspire other 4Bs that our hair can grow long. I know how frustrating it is to see gorgeous women and hair on the board, only to check the profile and find it's 3A or straighter. While I am inspired by all the healthy haired women on the board I also know my hair grows differently than many 3A LHCF sisters.
Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, the idea of locking photo albums for months also seems like it would make the board increasingly boring and less inspiring esp. to newbies. Esp. if half the board participates. Not to mention ppl might forget to unlock their albums afterwards :cry3:

Just MY .02 cents, as that everyone's entitled to do with their hair whatever they want :)

Last edited:

Hidden_Angel

I Love HYH chllanges but only beef I have is my poor ends take a beating. other then that its so easy to keep 'em in braids weaves/wigs whataver

glamazon386

Hidden_Angel said:
I Love HYH chllanges but only beef I have is my poor ends take a beating. other then that its so easy to keep 'em in braids weaves/wigs whataver

Really? You might want to find out why so you don't have to keep cutting your progress off hun.

Hidden_Angel

bmoreflyygirl said:
Really? You might want to find out why so you don't have to keep cutting your progress off hun.

Oh i know why,alough I hate to admit it, its because I got lazy and didn't been deep condtion my hair like I was suppose to! When you wear fake hair (not human hair) in braids for months an slack off for the last two you know those ends well get chewed up.

Last edited:

glamazon386

Hidden_Angel said:
Oh i know why,alough I hate to admit it, its because I got lazy and didn't been deep condtion my hair like I was suppose to! When you wear fake hair (not human hair) in braids for months an slack off for the last two you know those ends well get chewed up.

Ohhh... I didn't have that problem. But I didn't leave my braids in that long either.

MzOptimistic

SleekandBouncy said:
Wow, I didn't know about taking down already existing photos or locking albums. That's silly, IMHO. I think the hide your hair challenges are great but I don't think it should involve removing already existing photos, locking photo albums, etc. There's too much inspiration to be shared from the photos. This board isn't simply about growing ones own hair. It's also about sharing hair ups and downs and motivating others by ones own successe. I put my photo album up because I wanted to inspire other 4Bs that our hair can grow long. I know how frustrating it is to see gorgeous women and hair on the board, only to check the profile and find it's 3A or straighter. While I am inspired by all the healthy haired women on the board I also know my hair grows differently than many 3A LHCF sisters.
Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, the idea of locking photo albums for months also seems like it would make the board increasingly boring and less inspiring esp. to newbies. Esp. if half the board participates. Not to mention ppl might forget to unlock their albums afterwards :cry3:

Just MY .02 cents, as that everyone's entitled to do with their hair whatever they want :)

We're not locking the whole fotki up, just the one current challenge that we're on is locked and we still share our hairs ups and downs. We still motivate ppl and we still have progress pics in our siggy's. We're still here, sharing and caring. Half of the board participates because it's an excellent challenge. HTH

BTW: beautiful hair. I've been all up and through your fotki:)

Last edited:

Hidden_Angel

Girl I had my hair in braids for close to 5 months! My hair grown so much and I started to get a lil showy and blew my hair out......and well no I got some unruelly dried out nappy hair! Not my pretty curly/nappy hair that I had before :(

senimoni

On a side note I tried to do that "share" function on fotki but I couldn't get it to work.

Now that I'm reading this thread more, I probably didn't completely hide my hair, I either did braidouts or buns but I did straighten my hair 3-4 times (showing length) but I was so far post relaxer I don't think it really mattered.

scarcity21

Hidden_Angel said:
Girl I had my hair in braids for close to 5 months! My hair grown so much and I started to get a lil showy and blew my hair out......and well no I got some unruelly dried out nappy hair! Not my pretty curly/nappy hair that I had before :(

5 months? Wow..thats a long time...i know id be itching to see my own hurrr...what kinda braids did u have?

Sistaslick

senimoni said:
On a side note I tried to do that "share" function on fotki but I couldn't get it to work.
Now that I'm reading this thread more, I probably didn't completely hide my hair, I either did braidouts or buns but I did straighten my hair 3-4 times (showing length) but I was so far post relaxer I don't think it really mattered.

I think the album or folder has be designated under your "private" fotki. You know how there's a "public home" and a "private home"?

All you have to do is click on the locked folder or album you want to share. On the right hand menu, you'll see "sharing." Usually its darkened blue and unclickable, but when you click an album it turns white and becomes clickable.

Once you click "sharing" your fotki friends list should pop up. Check the boxes by the people's names that you want to share that particular album or folder with. Only those people will be able to view it when they go to your album, it will be invisible to everyone else.

When your album is shared, you will see a picture of a hand under the album-- holding it.

esoterica

i'm not posting pics till December unless something drastic happens and i'm not on a challenge. i would just rather wait that long and see my progress then. i will feel like i've accomplished a lot more. HYH challenges are great because they force protective styling. people probably don't post in their fotki because they themselves don't want to see.

blazingthru

SleekandBouncy said:

Thanks to everyone that responded, whether I agree or not. No I wasn't pissed off or anything just stating how I felt this is pretty much it. everyone can do what they want to do with their hair. I for one started believing when I saw many, many woman with jacked up hair and all the changes they went through and grew their hair long. You can't beat that. My hair is now longer then it has ever been. I believe in protecting your hair 100%, you have a choice if you want to post your pictures or not but the challenges block it. that is what frustrates me. I don't always have a question I just want to look at others progress I don't update my fotki that often either but I am not blocked from doing it for months on end. the entire purpose is to grow out our hair right yeah and help someone else while we are doing it. thats the point of the forum. I don't think you have to have a particular style just some ideals of what you do while you were on the HYH challenge. I don't really need much help. I am natural and I just go with the flow but there are times when I want to see where or if I can be here or there in this amount of time and those who have done it. That was my reasoning for posting- I do hide my hair once in a while but like I said I would never join a challenge that restricts me so much. that is my personal feeling it has nothing to do with anyone elses choice. I just wanted it to be known just in case someone else felt as I do.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm still on it and truth be told, I kinda like it. Not because of the restrictions.... but because of the results I get. See my hair grows best when I leave it alone... or maybe it's because I leave it alone that I can see my progress easily. I don't want to do it all the time but my hair's alot healthier because of it. It does work but it takes discipline.

I'm looking forward to it ending... then I'll still wear protective styles. I reeeeeeeeeaally need to update my fotki :lol: :p

RabiaElaine

Trudy,

I understand what you are saying and to give some newbies some inspiration of what happens to the ladies on this challenge I'm going to bump up our last 2 reveal threads. They are sooooooo inspirational and you can see what happens from protective styling for 3 months or 6 months, it's amazing what you can achieve.

Rabia ;)

kbody4

I love these challenges!! I had a major set back In February and had to do a major chop, but I'm still hanging in there. As for pics, I don't post them much because I'm lazy and I'm sick of looking at a computer :lol:

MzOptimistic

kbody4 said:
I love these challenges!! I had a major set back In February and had to do a major chop, but I'm still hanging in there. As for pics, I don't post them much because I'm lazy and I'm sick of looking at a computer :lol:

Your hair still looks nice;) you'll get back the length you lost and more:)

pistachio

I like HYHC's but only from the public(outsiders, coworkers,etc.). I couldn't stand not being able to update my fotki because that was the whole purpose of me starting a fotki in first place:eek: