I hate all HYH CHALLENGES!!!

MzOptimistic

senimoni said:
Dang....Tsmith..... "wooo wooo wooo". I didn't think the OP was seriously mad ...or is she? I'm lost.

You're right. I am sorry for behaving like that :spank: I had a looonnng day, and then to log into LHCF and see a big I HATE HYH CHALLENGES kinda p'd me off because these challenges work. ANYBODY who ever needs help KNOW they can pm and I will tell them everything I do. If they need help with their regimen. I will write a book and send it too them:lol: If they are looking for certain information, I will go and google it for them and actually find it for them and I will follow up with them the next day or two to see how they're doing. I got a little defensive because I love the HYH challenges soooo much and as one poster stated, our reveals are no joke. When we reveal, WE REVEAL! So Trudy, as a woman, I apologize for the way I word it but I mean it just not that harsh.

ChoKitty

LocksOfLuV said:
Yall also have to remember no one HAS to post anything for anyone. Posting hair pics isn't a right it's actually a privilage.

I don't understand how people can act like they are oh so lost without people's pics (even tho I play around like that :lol: ) when in fact I think people are getting too comfy with the idea that one MUST post pics anyways. A lot of people post pics for themselves only. People should be able to stop posting pics whenever they feel like it. And like Rabia said, it takes mos for me personally to see process.

ITA. Truely angry or not, people have to realize that no one has to show you pictures if they don't want to. It's their head. Yes, pictures are inspiring, but I don't know anyone who updates every day. Even those who arn't on a hide your hair challenge tend to update once every few months because that is when you see results; after months of taking care of your hair. Really, it only truely matters what the person who owns the hair wants, not what we on this board want. (Though I, too, love to see pictures of all the hair on here..from twa to tailbone length relaxed) I'm very sure if a challenger thinks whatever challenge helps their hair they are going to care more about doing that challenge and following whatever guildlines are in it or doing what makes THEM happy instead of worrying about if people on this board have enough pictures to entertain them.

So! Calm down. (I don't know if you're truely angry or not, and this wasn't meant to be mean either way.) You're going to have to wait to see results; a true difference in the pictures, whether they are hiding their hair or not. If they see fit to give us the privilege to stare at their head in admiration at the end, its completely up to them..and if not, the world will go on. They owe us nothing.

RabiaElaine

tsmith said:
You're right. I am sorry for behaving like that :spank: I had a looonnng day, and then to log into LHCF and see a big I HATE HYH CHALLENGES kinda p'd me off because these challenges work. ANYBODY who ever needs help KNOW they can pm and I will tell them everything I do. If they need help with their regimen. I will write a book and send it too them:lol: If they are looking for certain information, I will go and google it for them and actually find it for them and I will follow up with them the next day or two to see how they're doing. I got a little defensive because I love the HYH challenges soooo much and as one poster stated, our reveals are no joke. When we reveal, WE REVEAL! So Trudy, as a woman, I apologize for the way I word it but I mean it just not that harsh.

Awww tsmith....I love you!:kiss: You really are a great help and an inspiration to me!

MzOptimistic

chocostudent said:
:eek: It must have been rough back in 05! I always get responses when I post a thread.

Yes, I hate to say it but it was. I started a thread about 3 times back then and no responds, but it DID teach me how to use the search feature.

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

RabiaElaine said:
Awww tsmith....I love you!:kiss: You really are a great help and an inspiration to me!

(((hugs))) right back at cha! If, it wasn't for your challenges. My hair would have never grown this fast;)

RabiaElaine

tsmith said:
(((hugs))) right back at cha! If, it wasn't for your challenges. My hair would have never grown this fast;)

Yeah these challenges have really been the main thing that have contributed to the inches I've retained in the last year.

Wow can you believe we've been doing this for a year already?! Who knew we could stick to it for this long!

fallback

RabiaElaine said:
Yeah these challenges have really been the main thing that have contributed to the inches I've retained in the last year.

Wow can you believe we've been doing this for a year already?! Who knew we could stick to it for this long!

Ditto...:)these challenges have helped my hair growth. I can't wait till the next one. I don't even keep up with my fotki I just post growth pictures can't wait for the big reveal although I won't be posting my pic until the 6th:perplexed made my hairdresser appointment late.

MzOptimistic

RabiaElaine said:

I know, a year is a long time and this is really the only challenge that I have stuck to without caving.

MzOptimistic

Ineedhair said:
Rabia ,Tsmith or anyone else, how long is the next challenge? Is for three months or until Xmas?

The next challenge starts next month and it's the big one. THE XMAS CHALLENGE;)

Last edited:

shynessqueen

I like seeing the end results to the HYH challenges. I think it's fun. It's like catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a while. You can still ask people in PM's what are they doing to their hair while they are hiding it. Most post threads about their growth and what they are doing to their hair anyways. The information is still there. I don't update my fotki that often because most times I'm in braids. That is why I have decides to join the HYH until whenever but people can still PM me about C & G. :cool:

MzOptimistic

shynessqueen said:
I like seeing the end results to the HYH challenges. I think it's fun. It's like catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a while. You can still ask people in PM's what are they doing to their hair while they are hiding it. Most post threads about their growth and what they are doing to their hair anyways. The information is still there. I don't update my fotki that often because most times I'm in braids. That is why I have decides to join the HYH until whenever but people can still PM me about C & G. :cool:

Right, I have even showed my progress pics to certain members, when they pm and want to see my updates. *I hope Rabia, doesn't see this*:perplexed

hothair

Trudy said:
I am totally not into those hide your hair challenges, I think its a great practice. I think its good to keep your hair up to get to the next level but not to post your pictures????, whats the point. Why hide it from us? I find that to be extremly boring and I never check back to see six months later, I am totally interested in something else by then. Why not post your pictures in your fotki or whatever and still leave out your password. You guys never seem to get how encouraging and how supportive you can be by sharing your growth process and that hyh stuff keeps you out of the loop as far as I am concerned, your fotki is locked or you haven't updated it and won't for six months and its just not fair to the rest of us. Really it just frustrates me so much to see others joining that challenge and they are the very people that helped me keep my focus and then nothing else for months. Then I have to go and find someone else. I don't come on here as much as I use to because I get so freaking tired of hearing about another challenge that hides the progress, oh you get to see the end results but getting there is really the best part and I like seeing it as it goes along. I for one will never join a challenge like that. Hide my hair from the very people that have helped me get here. No thank you!:mad:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: yep really tell them how you feel...

Sistaslick

bmoreflyygirl said:
Tsmith, Wait we can do that? :sekret:

On fotki, you can keep your albums locked, but "share" them with any person you want who is on your Fotki Friends list. That way, only that one person can see what you're workin' on :lol:

glamazon386

Sistaslick said:
On fotki, you can keep your albums locked, but "share" them with any person you want who is on your Fotki Friends list. That way, only that one person can see what you're workin' on :lol:

My albums always locked. So I don't get many visitors anyway. :lol: So maybe I didn't fall of the July 4th one. :scratchch I'll just update my fotki and not post pics showing my length in my siggy. People need a pw to get in anyway. Can I do that for the next one?

RabiaElaine

tsmith said:
I know, a year is a long time and this is really the only challenge that I have stuck to without caving.

Me too, partially because I've become lazy about styling my own hair, it's so much easier for me to style my weave or just put my hair in a bun. I used 2 passes during this last challenge and it was such a production styling my own hair. This challenge is soooo easy for me now, I do it without even thinking about it.

SexySin985

I well I for one LOVE the HYH challenges:)

You ladies seem to have such a huge success on these types of challenges. And when I see the 'reveal' threads I am always shocked and blown away. I can only imagine what your family and friends must say when they see all the length you've achieved and retained!

I am so gonna join the next HYH challenge:D

RabiaElaine

bmoreflyygirl said:
My albums always locked. So I don't get many visitors anyway. :lol: So maybe I didn't fall of the July 4th one. :scratchch I'll just update my fotki and not post pics showing my length in my siggy. People need a pw to get in anyway. Can I do that for the next one?

Ofcourse :)

The main point is that you have been protecting your hair 99% of the time for several months, so I don't think you really fell off.;)

glamazon386

RabiaElaine said:
Ofcourse :)

The main point is that you have been protecting your hair 99% of the time for several months, so I don't think you really fell off.;)

YAY!! :yay: I have no intention of straightening my hair anytime soon though to show my length. I haven't had it straightened since the end of April. I'm only a week and a half into this weave and don't plan on taking it down yet. So maybe I'll have a late reveal in 2 weeks or so?

ETA: Shoot with the way my stylist is, I better call him now so I can get an appt in 3 weeks or so. He's usually booked about that far out when you call. :ohwell:

RabiaElaine

SexySin985 said:
I well I for one LOVE the HYH challenges:)

You ladies seem to have such a huge success on these types of challenges. And when I see the 'reveal' threads I am always shocked and blown away. I can only imagine what your family and friends must say when they see all the length you've achieved and retained!

I am so gonna join the next HYH challenge:D

Well since we started doing these challenges last June/July I didn't really reveal my hair to my family and friends even on the days we did our reveal to the board. It wasn't until sometime in May that I wore my hair out. They still didn't really see my true length since I wore it out but curly from a rollerset. Even with it curly people kept coming up to me at church touching my hair and saying that they couldn't believe how much my hair had grown. They'd ask me what I'd do and I'd just say I left it alone. I take care of it and put it away.

Look forward to having you :)

RabiaElaine

bmoreflyygirl said:
YAY!! :yay: I have no intention of straightening my hair anytime soon though to show my length. I haven't had it straightened since the end of April. I'm only a week and a half into this weave and don't plan on taking it down yet. So maybe I'll have a late reveal in 2 weeks or so?

ETA: Shoot with the way my stylist is, I better call him now so I can get an appt in 3 weeks or so. He's usually booked about that far out when you call. :ohwell:

That's cool! In the other challenges some people revealed a few weeks later too.