I HATE CURLFORMERS

poookie

i take back my original posts! i LOVE curlformers!!!

i did a set last night & it came out very nicely this morning. installation took an hour and 25 minutes, which was MUCH better than the three hours it took me the first time. follow the directions! starting from the bottom & working your way up is MUCH faster than starting from the top and working your way down. i finished rolling at 4:30 AM (i'm a bit of a night owl), went to bed, & when i took them out at 12:30 PM, they were all fully dry.

one thing i notice: the narrow rollers are a bit more difficult to pull the hair through. if you're worried about breakage, try the wide rollers instead of the narrow ones. it'll make a big difference :yep:

my first attempt, i used 32 of the short and narrow. my second attempt, i used 40 short and narrow and 5 short and wide (because i ran out of narrow :lol:). smaller sections makes a huge difference, as this time, my set came out very defined.

also, i used a setting foam last time & my set came out rough and crunchy. this time around, i just used water & a bit of conditioner as a leave-in, and my set is very soft and smooth.

Last edited:
i take back my original posts! i LOVE curlformers!!!

i did a set last night & it came out very nicely this morning. installation took an hour and 25 minutes, which was MUCH better than the three hours it took me the first time. follow the directions! starting from the bottom & working your way up is MUCH faster than starting from the top and working your way down. i finished rolling at 4:30 AM (i'm a bit of a night owl), went to bed, & when i took them out at 12:30 PM, they were all fully dry.

one thing i notice: the narrow rollers are a bit more difficult to pull the hair through. if you're worried about breakage, try the wide rollers instead of the narrow ones. it'll make a big difference :yep:

my first attempt, i used 32 of the short and narrow. my second attempt, i used 40 short and narrow and 5 short and wide (because i ran out of narrow :lol:). smaller sections makes a huge difference, as this time, my set came out very defined.

also, i used a setting foam last time & my set came out rough and crunchy. this time around, i just used water & a bit of conditioner as a leave-in, and my set is very soft and smooth.
Thanks for the review, Im still toying with the idea of trying again. I really really liked the effect and I wasnt able to duplicate it with Flexirods. I may get a couple of packs and give them a go b4 i decide to spend 80 bucks again lol.... I dont think Ill be able to resist trying again though lol

LushLox

This thread came right on time, I was seriously considering buying a pack. I really do love the curls but the level of manipulation is a bit worrying...

For those who say the finished style doesn't last long, did you air dry or did you use a hooded dryer to 'set' the curls?

This thread came right on time, I was seriously considering buying a pack. I really do love the curls but the level of manipulation is a bit worrying...

For those who say the finished style doesn't last long, did you air dry or did you use a hooded dryer to 'set' the curls?
I didnt say the style didnt last lol but I can still kinda answer this. I used a hooded dryer on wet hair and the original tight curls style did not last nor did I want it too. I had nice waves for days though... I dont know if the spiral curls will last long on anyone....

Well, the fool that I am, I went out and spent 90 dollars on 7 new packs of Curlformers. I returned the other sets after the first experience. I just liked the result too much to not give it another try :lol: I thought I might have better luck with the Long and Extra Wide as opposed to the Extra Long and Wide which I used first. I wasnt looking for a tight curl anyway. One of my main issues was that my sections of hair were too large no matter how small I made them and I have rather fine hair so idk. I just tried one of the new ones on dry hair on quite a large section and it went on smoothly!! This is certainly encouraging. Later today I'll be doing a wet set with them. Im also thinking since I can use huge sections I probably wont even need to use all 7 packs so hopefully I can get some money back lol. Wish me luck, Ill be updating later :)

Last edited:
Im sitting under the dryer now. I needed 6 packs (24) of the Long and Extra Wide. I used pretty large sections of hair since these are much wider, I still had some snags that probably wouldnt have happened had I used smaller sections.Unfortunately they arent long enough and my ends stick out :(. Getting them into my hair was far better than the skinnier ones though. Theyre not snag free but they feel much safer since theyre wider and they go over the hook better. I also dont need to do a gazillion small sections which is such a relief! Im considering keeping them but I didnt like the few snags I did have. Ill decide after seeing how this type comes out and also after trying them again... Theyre just so expensive!

Babiegirl220

Im sitting under the dryer now. I needed 6 packs (24) of the Long and Extra Wide. I used pretty large sections of hair since these are much wider, I still had some snags that probably wouldnt have happened had I used smaller sections.Unfortunately they arent long enough and my ends stick out :(. Getting them into my hair was far better than the skinnier ones though. Theyre not snag free but they feel much safer since theyre wider and they go over the hook better. I also dont need to do a gazillion small sections which is such a relief! Im considering keeping them but I didnt like the few snags I did have. Ill decide after seeing how this type comes out and also after trying them again... Theyre just so expensive!

When I saw your post this morning I was wondering why didn't you just buy the box...but I figured you needed more of one type and not the other. Please keep us posted, not only about how it turns out but how long it last.