I have a confession to make . . .

mkh_77

I haven't been living my purpose. Since graduating from college I have had a string of jobs that have ended in me leaving them or being terminated for no good reason (trust me, if I had done something worth being terminated over, I would admit it in this thread). Most recently I have been terminated and everyone in my office knows it was wrong. It was so wrong that people from that office are working to place me in another position. Anywho . . . I was in the car with a girl-friend I have known for 20 years and we were talking about The Purpose Driven Life (we've both read it). She looked at me and said, "You aren't living your purpose. You didn't go to school to become and Admin. You need to go back to law school (I went for a year). You have no reason to not be in school right now. Just go back." Those words were so brutally true. I needed to hear that for motivation's sake. Now, I need some prayer, too. Ladies, please pray for me that I will let God lead my life instead of me trying to steer it in the direction I think it should go. God has been telling me that this isn't the path for a LONG time, but this time he yelled it out, and I heard him loud and clear. Please pray for me. Thanks in advance.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I will surly pray for you and you keep me in yours. I'm rocking the same boat as you right now. I've been terminated twice through no fault of my own. I just got back in school to start working on my masters which I did not feel I needed to do, but hey maybe this is what God had in mind all along. I, like you have been trying to make my way and do it through my own efforts, but I'm finding out fast that if God dont ordain it, its just a waste of time effort and energy.

mkh_77

Thanks for replying. It's good to know I am not alone in this. It's frustrating, but I guess you can only go so long trying to force things to be your way. I have learned my lesson! Ugh!

Ladydee36330, I will keep you in my prayers, too.

thatscuteright

I completely understand how you feel, I have been out of college for 3 years, working a bunch of random jobs,a month ago, I got a job that would be great, but I am leaving it, because I feel unfulfilled. I am praying that God helps me find my purpose because I have wasted so much time, and I don't know what I am doing. I feel that I should be back in school, but none too sure what I should be studying.