I have finally figured out my hair type....now what?

naturalmanenyc

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/15-weeks--1-day-post/behindleftear.html

I am a 4a. My hair grows in very defined spirals but with no shine. So now that I know my hair type, what does it mean? Are there certain products that work better for my hair type?

When I got my last relaxer (purposely under processed = texlax) I was able to use lots of products. Now that I am over 15 weeks post, I am not getting much slip from my old staples.

I gave up on a rollerset on Monday night since my hair was difficult to comb but I did rewash (cowashed actually) with Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness & used the leave-in. I was able to get my rollerset done.

Although my hair is getting hard to manage, I want to continue with transitioning. Are there certain products that are specfic to 4a type hair?

Thanks!

Last edited:

blasiancurlie

sorry i don't have any suggestions but i just wanted to say your NG is GORGEOUS! i hope you continue to transition cause i can't wait to see your head full of spirals.

MzOptimistic

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/15-weeks--1-day-post/behindleftear.html

I am a 4a. My hair grow in very defined spirals but with no shine. So now that I know my hair type, what does it mean? Are there certain products that work better for my hair type?

When I got my last relaxer (purposely under processed = texlax) I was able to use lots of products. Now that I am over 15 weeks post, I am not getting much slip from my old staples.

I gave up on a rollerset on Monday night since my hair was difficult to comb but I did rewash (cowashed actually) with Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness & used the leave-in. I was able to get my rollerset done.

Although my hair is getting hard to manage, I want to continue with transitioning. Are there certain products that are specfic to 4a type hair?

Thanks!

I'm 4a also. I wish I could offer you some suggestions but shooooo I can't get past 11 weeks when stretching. I'm aiming for 12 weeks this time:wallbash: (AGAIN)Your ng is sooooo pretty though:yep:

naturalmanenyc

Thanks ladies. I like the little spirals too....but am not sure how to care for them just yet.

I do not want to become a product junkie but I need to find something to help me comb through them easier. So far what is working to rollerset is soaking wet hair (after a cowash) and adding lots of creamy leave-in.

janeemat

Girl your ng looks like a 3 something. Very pretty coils. I'm a 4 whatever and moisture is the key for me. I have only stretched 14.5 wks.

carib_n_curly

your NG is beyound pretty all those tiny coils. you look 4a and when most people bc there coils curls and kinks get tighter cause the relaxed ends aren't pulling it down.
i'm not a 4a but someone will chime in.

LadyKaypnyc

your NG is beyound pretty all those tiny coils. you look 4a and when most people bc there coils curls and kinks get tighter cause the relaxed ends aren't pulling it down.
i'm not a 4a but someone will chime in.

ITA...when I finally BC, my coils did get tighter. The relaxed ends add extra weight, but when you cut em off, you will see your true curl pattern.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Girl your ng looks like a 3 something. Very pretty coils. I'm a 4 whatever and moisture is the key for me. I have only stretched 14.5 wks.

I think she's 4 not 3. If those aren't pen spring sized coils I don't know what is