I Have Male Fotki Stalkers: I'm Getting Scared

MonPetite

I've officially got three male fotki stalkers.

I've been tracking them as much as they have me over the last month and now I'm getting scared.

What are they coming for?

I have a TWA -so no hair fetishers.

I do product reviews...they're not coming to oogle bottles of Dove to get their jollies.

If they had my Tex/Length PW they could just view without a profile or logging in and I wouldn't know...or worry.

But my style albums....It's pics of me smiling at the camera in hair accessories. Is this what they're coming for? I don't think I'm looking particularly sexy or alluring in any of them. I certainly wasn't trying to turn anyone "on" anticipating an ALL FEMALE AUDIENCE!! Then again I've got a professional photog for a father. Posing comes easy and maybe I don't see things like people who haven't grown up loving/hating cameras would.

I'm really worried about this.

I don't lock them because I want women with TWAs to know they have MANY styling options without braids, twists, etc. and that they are still womanly, soft, and elegant with what society says is a masculine look.

But...this is worrying me greatly. If I confront them, they'll just change accounts and I won't at least KNOW of their activity.

This post is a risk in and of itself, honestly.

What should I do? I DON'T take pics of myself in a bra for this reason like many WITHOUT stalkers do.

I don't want to lock my style albums but...I'm really getting worried.

I NEED ADVICE!

JustKiya

:look:

They could be gay men, trying to get styling tips.
They could be straight men, trying to get styling tips.
They could be single fathers, trying to figure out what to do with their daughters hair.

I mean, unless they have a 'nasty/suspicious' fotki themselves, :look: what's the problem with men caring about your hair?

Why are you worried? The really sneaky stalkers set themselves up as women, anyhow. :lol:

MizzBrown

Change your fotki settings. Put a lock on them and only give passwords to ladies who reside on here.

Either do it or continue to get stalked.

BillsBackerz67

lock your fotki if they wanna see your hair that bad they will ask. I know how important it is to be an inspiration to other women but there are plety of other twas to look at on fotki besides your own:yep: If I fear for my safety no one else matters.

ajacks

I understand why you like having your album open, heck I enjoy viewing your album and reading your product reviews, but when it becomes a matter of safety and privacy you have no choice but to :padlock2:

BillsBackerz67

They could be single fathers, trying to figure out what to do with their daughters hair.

I mean, unless they have a 'nasty/suspicious' fotki themselves, :look: what's the problem with men caring about your hair?

Why are you worried? The really sneaky stalkers set themselves up as women, anyhow. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I agree. Hair can be admired by men or women:yep: Plus you might have some women that are sexually attacted to twas too. Men aren't the only ones :look:

SEMO

I kind of agree with you. Unless they are leaving lewd comments I wouldn't be too worried. Just make sure to be smart (like always) and don't have anything in the background of your pics that could lead people to find you (i.e. cars with license plate numbers showing, etc.).

Besides, though most of the people who post on LHCF are women, I'm sure we have more than our share of male members who lurk (there used to be ones who were more active).

SoAnxious12

hmmm, i've had men come and check out my albums too, at first i was a little put off but after thinking about it, I anticipate an ALL FEMALE audience so any males would cause ME some discomfort. However, thats just my experience, if you don't feel comfortable with these men checking things out then by all means, lock it up!
All i'm saying like justkiya, is that they could be there for hair info too. BUt again do what makes you feel safe.

anon123

This is exactly what I was thinking. I have visited several guys' fotkis. Do they have their own hair fotkis? Could be a father trying to figure out what products to use for their kids' hair. Or shoot, their hair. But if you feel uncomfortable . ..

MonPetite

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I agree. Hair can be admired by men or women:yep: Plus you might have some women that are sexually attacted to twas too. Men aren't the only ones :look:

I'm straight, but have had come ons from the same gender and if anything it's an odd sort of compliment, I suppose.:lachen:So, that doesn't bother me. If a guy into photo sharing came to my fotki cause we're using the same provider that wouldn't be a big deal. If he was an artist and stumbled across my fotki and thought it neat, no big deal. Vice-versa, too in that regard. Some artist may think, "Why is this PJ coming to look at my Oil works?" :lachen:

However, when you're there (a member of fotki) with no pics, no net working interests, or if I can see you methodically go to fotkis of similar looking women, etc and bothered to identify yourself as male....:perplexed

Okay these three lines are true and I'd be DELIGHTED if they were visiting for those reasons. But again...when you come across those guys who have certain patterns of viewing certain types of fotkis or those they visit have odd similarities they have no networking interests, albums, etc....When does it go from "something funny" to something worrisome?

I just don't like the idea of being a part of somebody's online harem or something.:nono:

And for those that masquerade as women that I'll never know....THANK YOU. Ignorance is bliss in certain situations. :ohwell:

I feel more a desire to help other women then be scared into hiding by three guys though. Technically speaking...if they're into just scouting folks online it's not like anything else would happen....So maybe it's not a big deal? Concerning but...not...a real issue?

Last edited:

lilsparkle825

i think like you said it is concerning but not a real issue. now if they begin to message you on the regular...thats something to worry about. now part of me wants to check and see who my visitors are...but i like being ignorant.

JustKiya

Okay these three lines are true and I'd be DELIGHTED if they were visiting for those reasons. But again...when you come across those guys who have certain patterns of viewing certain types of fotkis or those they visit have odd similarities they have no networking interests, albums, etc....When does it go from "something funny" to something worrisome?

I just don't like the idea of being a part of somebody's online harem or something.:nono:

And for those that masquerade as women that I'll never know....THANK YOU. Ignorance is bliss in certain situations. :ohwell:

I feel more a desire to help other women then be scared into hiding by three guys though. Technically speaking...if they're into just scouting folks online it's not like anything else would happen....So maybe it's not a big deal? Concerning but...not...a real issue?

It's the risk you run anytime you put yourself out there, online. :ohwell: Shoot, there are a couple of thousand of lurkers on LHCF - go and look at the member list, and sort it by 'post count' - yeaaaaaaah. I doubt all of them are realllllllllly here to learn how to grow their own hair.

Don't use anything that can locate you/personally identify you, and let it be - *grin* - or you could straight up ask them - ay! What you looking at, buster? - and see what (if anything) they have to say.

MonPetite

i think like you said it is concerning but not a real issue. now if they begin to message you on the regular...thats something to worry about. now part of me wants to check and see who my visitors are...but i like being ignorant.

This is true.

It's the risk you run anytime you put yourself out there, online. :ohwell: Shoot, there are a couple of thousand of lurkers on LHCF - go and look at the member list, and sort it by 'post count' - yeaaaaaaah. I doubt all of them are realllllllllly here to learn how to grow their own hair.

Don't use anything that can locate you/personally identify you, and let it be - *grin* - or you could straight up ask them - ay! What you looking at, buster? - and see what (if anything) they have to say.

That is the reason I wonder why many take pictures of themselves in their bras and put them in their siggy....I'm not so brave. I may consider doing this....Then again they'll just change accounts.

What exactly are you scared of?

Inappropiate, unsolicited, unwarranted attention manifesting itself as contact IRL.

Country gal

Change your fotki settings. Put a lock on them and only give passwords to ladies who reside on here.

Either do it or continue to get stalked.

I locked my fotki earlier this summer. If they are LHCF members they would get my password from my profile. Sometimes I get messages for the password too.

Golden

Well there are a lot of people with weird fetishes, I remeber a while back there was another member with the same issue. Apparently the guy who was stalking her fotki liked wrists & left her a message saying how lovely it was and gave clock recommendations. On his own page he had a gallery of wrists and one of them was hers :)lachen:). So, I suggest that you lock it since you're uncomfortable about it.

SEMO

Well there are a lot of people with weird fetishes, I remeber a while back there was another member with the same issue. Apparently the guy who was stalking her fotki liked wrists & left her a message saying how lovely it was and gave clock recommendations. On his own page he had a gallery of wrists and one of them was hers :)lachen:). So, I suggest that you lock it since you're uncomfortable about it.

See that's why I don't allow right-click saving on my pictures. :spinning: But you're right about the bra thing. I think I may add passwords to a few more albums of mine.

MonPetite

I remember that post about wrists too. Gross.

How do you disable right-clicking on your pics? That'd make me feel a LOT better!

Instead of whining any further I DID take the initiative to message those that concerned me. Whatever they do is up to them. If they jump profiles I'll just continue to do so with any odd profiles that follow the same patterns.

Thank you for the various reality checks and suggestions ladies.

Goodness, I love LHCF.

SEMO

I remember that post about wrists too. Gross.

How do you disable right-clicking on your pics? That'd make me feel a LOT better!

Instead of whining any further I DID take the initiative to message those that concerned me. Whatever they do is up to them. If they jump profiles I'll just continue to do so with any odd profiles that follow the same patterns.

Thank you for the various reality checks and suggestions ladies.

Goodness, I love LHCF.

Pull down a drop down tab (available through the icons at the top of your fotki page) and go to the one called "My settings." Then scroll down to the "albums" information and hit the "change" link. From there you can disable right-click saving of your pictures and set it up so that you are the only one who can order prints of your pictures, and get the originals of your photos.

Golden

See that's why I don't allow right-click saving on my pictures. :spinning: But you're right about the bra thing. I think I may add passwords to a few more albums of mine.

even if you dont allow it, a person can easily get the picture using print screen (prtsc)

SEMO

even if you dont allow it, a person can easily get the picture using print screen (prtsc)

I never thought about that. :perplexed Well, I guess that's the risk all of us take, putting pics of ourselves on the internet. Which is why I don't put up face pics of myself. I'm just an anonymous back of curly hair. :lachen:

MonPetite

Pull down a drop down tab (available through the icons at the top of your fotki page) and go to the one called "My settings." Then scroll down to the "albums" information and hit the "change" link. From there you can disable right-click saving of your pictures and set it up so that you are the only one who can order prints of your pictures, and get the originals of your photos.

THANK YOU!!! :grin:

...Well, at that point they can have it then! :look:

anon123

Girl, that was me! :lachen: It wasn't Fotki, though, but Flickr. That mess was tooo weird. Of all things, wrists! He told me mine would look lovely with a gold tone bulova watch. :lachen:

okay, now you got me thinking. i think the progress pic with me in the bra will have to be the one locked up. awww. guess i'll have to all fully clothed for future photos. maybe i can put my bra on the ouside of my shirt? or maybe i'll just have to invest in that progress shirt.

naturalgurl

Hey Lamb! How's it going girl?!

This is my take, are there any indicators of your real name or where you live? This is what I'd really be concerned about, them being able to get to me. I have pics of me half naked and with all of this going on I'm about to just close my fotki down and keep it just for myself. Looks like lots of craziness has been going on these past few months. It's a shame that these people can cause panic and cause people to not share info or pics. It's a learning experience and now it looks like we'll have to keep it all under lock and key.

Lucky's Mom

I am so sorry little lamb.

I had to basically shut my Fotki down to stop the wierdos.

I locked it up for about 6 months.... then no more wierdos.

Just have folks PM for PW's............ It is worth the hassle - imo.

Bigghair

If you are uncomfortable with the men coming by change the settings on your albums so that only your friends can see you unless they request your password. Your twa is really cute by the way!:yep: