I Have Male Fotki Stalkers: I'm Getting Scared

Kyvie21

I stumbled across this thread and I was shocked...The title made me think about something I've never thought of before...I mean we are a huge an accessible pool of black women.......How are you bring stalked exactly....Have they tried to contact you?...Or have thy just visited your site repeatedly? Also what would you consider repeatedly like hourly? Also how do you know if they are men if there aren't any pics?

MonPetite

Hey Lamb! How's it going girl?!

This is my take, are there any indicators of your real name or where you live? This is what I'd really be concerned about, them being able to get to me. I have pics of me half naked and with all of this going on I'm about to just close my fotki down and keep it just for myself. Looks like lots of craziness has been going on these past few months. It's a shame that these people can cause panic and cause people to not share info or pics. It's a learning experience and now it looks like we'll have to keep it all under lock and key.

No. Nothing you can trace in the pics. I'm good about that. Yes...things are worth taking a second look at.

If you are uncomfortable with the men coming by change the settings on your albums so that only your friends can see you unless they request your password. Your twa is really cute by the way!:yep:

Thank you for the compliment! I may have to do this, though I don't want to. Perhaps a "preview" album may be best. With one pic from each album. That way if you want more style ideas you can PM me for the PW. Otherwise you can just get your jollies from those one or two pics.

I stumbled across this thread and I was shocked...The title made me think about something I've never thought of before...I mean we are a huge an accessible pool of black women.......How are you bring stalked exactly....Have they tried to contact you?...Or have thy just visited your site repeatedly? Also what would you consider repeatedly like hourly? Also how do you know if they are men if there aren't any pics?

I think about this often. No they haven't, but using the guest feature you can see who visits and how often. Do a little google leg work and YOU can see where THEY have been with that particular alias. Patterns in what they like to look like and who they visit may (or may not) develop. If they're creepy...well...then you have threads like this one start. These have bothered to identify themselves as male...but have NO hair interests or actual albums of their own and keep personal info to zero.

If you notice some dude with no pics and no interests only visits fotkis of women who look like you or take progress pics in polka-dot bras its worth noting how often they visit your fotki.

It's always good for us to be aware of how much info we put on the web. I've got a personal website other than fotki and keep that informaiton secure too. This just rattled me a bit.

Irresistible

No. Nothing you can trace in the pics. I'm good about that. Yes...things are worth taking a second look at.

Thank you for the compliment! I may have to do this, though I don't want to. Perhaps a "preview" album may be best. With one pic from each album. That way if you want more style ideas you can PM me for the PW. Otherwise you can just get your jollies from those one or two pics.

I think about this often. No they haven't, but using the guest feature you can see who visits and how often. Do a little google leg work and YOU can see where THEY have been with that particular alias. Patterns in what they like to look like and who they visit may (or may not) develop. If they're creepy...well...then you have threads like this one start. These have bothered to identify themselves as male...but have NO hair interests or actual albums of their own and keep personal info to zero.

If you notice some dude with no pics and no interests only visits fotkis of women who look like you or take progress pics in polka-dot bras its worth noting how often they visit your fotki.

It's always good for us to be aware of how much info we put on the web. I've got a personal website other than fotki and keep that informaiton secure too. This just rattled me a bit.

girl dont let it worry you, there is no personal information on Fotki (I hope you put none there) I have had real scarey stalkers nothing like just some visits, not from fotki but from blackplanet years ago, I think of it like this, think of all the stars out there, with pics everywhere, they dont lose sleep over people viewing their photos, as long as its not harrasment and they have no personal info, it might feel weird, but I wouldnt let it bother you at all. you are pretty, so they will look of course!

I had one sick comment something ' I get so relieved looking at your hair' and years ago, this guy would email me on fotiki begging me to open my albums or give him the password if I closed up, didnt type hardly a lick of english, obviously a hair fettish thing, there are so many out there, just keep focused on the reasons your doing what you do and dont let the freaks stop you for being a motivational force for others, they cant do nothin to you girl! no worries mama!

SparklingFlame

I kind of agree with you. Unless they are leaving lewd comments I wouldn't be too worried. Just make sure to be smart (like always) and don't have anything in the background of your pics that could lead people to find you (i.e. cars with license plate numbers showing, etc.).

Besides, though most of the people who post on LHCF are women, I'm sure we have more than our share of male members who lurk (there used to be ones who were more active).
ITA.

*Muffin*

OMG...Why do fuglies always have to ruin a good thing? A girl can't even get her hair-growth charting on without some perv ogling her pics :shocked: ...:love:...:fan: How disgusting :nono:.

MonPetite

girl dont let it worry you, there is no personal information on Fotki (I hope you put none there) I have had real scarey stalkers nothing like just some visits, not from fotki but from blackplanet years ago, I think of it like this, think of all the stars out there, with pics everywhere, they dont lose sleep over people viewing their photos, as long as its not harrasment and they have no personal info, it might feel weird, but I wouldnt let it bother you at all. you are pretty, so they will look of course!

I had one sick comment something ' I get so relieved looking at your hair' and years ago, this guy would email me on fotiki begging me to open my albums or give him the password if I closed up, didnt type hardly a lick of english, obviously a hair fettish thing, there are so many out there, just keep focused on the reasons your doing what you do and dont let the freaks stop you for being a motivational force for others, they cant do nothin to you girl! no worries mama!

I'm pretty, eh? It must be YOU! :lachen::lachen::lachen: Joking! Joking! LOL! Thanks though!

I'm sorry to hear you had such overt creepiness. :nono:

Yeah. I'll see if they respond, stop coming, or switch profiles. Either way I won't let it bug me anymore. I was going to put up another album with head bands but this had me worried. I think I'll go ahead with it like I was going to....When I get a better webcam. :look:

OMG...Why do fuglies always have to ruin a good thing? A girl can't even get her hair-growth charting on without some perv ogling her pics :shocked: ...:love:...:fan: How disgusting :nono:.

I know. :wallbash: Ah, well. We knew the job was dangerous, right? Still...you're not catching me in my Victoria Secret online. Nah. You're going to have to put in the effort of waiting in my thorn bushes outside my window for that kind of action.

You have to earn it. :lachen:

*Muffin*

I know. :wallbash: Ah, well. We knew the job was dangerous, right? Still...you're not catching me in my Victoria Secret online. Nah. You're going to have to put in the effort of waiting in my thorn bushes outside my window for that kind of action.

You have to earn it. :lachen:

That's what I'm sayin' :bdance:...:naughty:.

BrooklynSouth

I've officially got three male fotki stalkers.

I've been tracking them as much as they have me over the last month and now I'm getting scared.

What are they coming for?

I have a TWA -so no hair fetishers.

I do product reviews...they're not coming to oogle bottles of Dove to get their jollies.

If they had my Tex/Length PW they could just view without a profile or logging in and I wouldn't know...or worry.

But my style albums....It's pics of me smiling at the camera in hair accessories. Is this what they're coming for? I don't think I'm looking particularly sexy or alluring in any of them. I certainly wasn't trying to turn anyone "on" anticipating an ALL FEMALE AUDIENCE!! Then again I've got a professional photog for a father. Posing comes easy and maybe I don't see things like people who haven't grown up loving/hating cameras would.

I'm really worried about this.

I don't lock them because I want women with TWAs to know they have MANY styling options without braids, twists, etc. and that they are still womanly, soft, and elegant with what society says is a masculine look.

But...this is worrying me greatly. If I confront them, they'll just change accounts and I won't at least KNOW of their activity.

This post is a risk in and of itself, honestly.

What should I do? I DON'T take pics of myself in a bra for this reason like many WITHOUT stalkers do.

I don't want to lock my style albums but...I'm really getting worried.

I NEED ADVICE!

Littlegoldlamb...maybe remove the comment in your FLOWER album about being single and not in a relationship-these words may trigger a 'tag' to your fotki-{change it to "I have a 6'2" boyfriend who is sooooo jealous.":yep:}. Kidding aside..aint nobody's biz about your lack of a relationship...just a suggestion...no telling what's drawing them to you.

Last edited:

MonPetite

Littlegoldlamb...maybe remove the comment in your FLOWER album about being single and not in a relationship-these words may trigger a 'tag' to your fotki-{change it to "I have a 6'2" boyfriend who is sooooo jealous.":yep:}. Kidding aside..aint nobody's biz about your lack of a relationship...just a suggestion...no telling what's drawing them to you.

OMGOSH! I never, ever would've put those two together. I AM single, but that's not why I stated it. I was offering myself as an example of proper flower placement for those who use them as accessories!! Letting people know my personal relationship status was not my primary intent. It wasn't an intent period. Aw, crap....

Going to change this NOW.