I installed my mink kinky straight (Pitchas)

Charlie555

Hi Ladies. I ordered 1 pack of 12"-14" 50% italian mink kinky straight color 1B from His and Her. The hair is butta soft!! I had the hair installed on Saturday. I don't think I will ever wear hair that doesn't begin with "kinky" again :lachen: I am in love. Since the length is somewhat close to mine my BF couldn't tell it wasn't mine until I told him :grin:

I co washed the hair with Suave Coconut and let it air dry. My hair is texlaxed with about 2-3" of relaxed ends. I split the wefts and sealed with clear nail polish. I used clear nail polish on my kinky curly hair and it hardly sheds despite cowashing it every other day.

I usually wear half wigs but I decided to sew the hair in this time because I was getting tired of "taking my hair off" at night. :spinning:

I plan on washing my hair weekly with diluted Kirkland Signature Moisture Shampoo from Costco & conditioning with Suave Humectant or whatever I have on hand. I plan to oil my scalp with KeraCare Essential Oil in applicator bottle every other day. Its a really light moisturizing oil that smells yummy. When I flat iron the kinky hair I will add a little Chi to it. I am planning to do a black rinse on my leave out for better blending the next time I wash. For the install I used nylon upholstery thread instead of the beauty supply cotton thread. I read online it was supposed to cause less friction. The wefts are folded not cut. My braid pattern is straight back with the ends sewn in between each row. My entire perimeter is out and I did not use a net. I will leave it in for 5-6 weeks. By the way, I am 5'3":lol:

I have about a foot and a half piece of weft left over.

Here is the link:
http://www.hisandher.com/50__Italian_Mink_Kinky_Straight-b-list.aspx

Fresh out of the pack:

Flash from the camera made it shiny and my hand look white lol:

Trying to give you an idea of how thick the wefts are before I split them:

I ordered 12"-14"

Co washed & air drying:

Had to pin it up to see what it would look like:

My hair blow dried:

Intalled by my friend:

This is after she flat ironed it. I was going for a more natural "kinky" look:

PPGbubbles

I have in his and hers kinky straight. But I have the smaller hand tied wefts and it is dream hair!

I do not flat iron mines often tho. I leave it kinky and rock a braid out or twist out most of the time.

you will be pleased with this hair OP

Charlie555

I have in his and hers kinky straight. But I have the smaller hand tied wefts and it is dream hair!

I do not flat iron mines often tho. I leave it kinky and rock a braid out or twist out most of the time.

you will be pleased with this hair OP

I think I may just blow dry my leave out instead of flat ironing it because when i left my friends house my leave out was a little more silky straight then the weave LOL never though I'd see a day where my hair was MORE silky :lachen:

I can't wait to try a braid out!!! I bet it's going to be nice. :yep:

Are the had tied wefts more delicate?

Princess Tam Tam

It's good and reuseable for 1 time or 2 times depending if you add new hair at the top. Doesn't shed that much but does matte.

Since, I'm boycotting them. I found another brand very similar and cheaper. Outre Premium New Yaki

Oh, don't buy Regular Natural Perm Straight from His and Her hair it looks good for 2 weeks and then downhill.

Charlie555

It's good and reuseable for 1 time or 2 times depending if you add new hair at the top. Doesn't shed that much but does matte.

Since, I'm boycotting them. I found another brand very similar and cheaper. Outre Premium New Yaki

Oh, don't buy Regular Natural Perm Straight from His and Her hair it looks good for 2 weeks and then downhill.

Im glad you told me about the Natural Perm because that was going to be my next purchase :nono:
I was going to order the kinky straight from a CV but it takes 3-4 weeks to get the hair. And I wanted my hair done asap which is why I went with His and Her. I will look out for the Outre. Thanks!

PPGbubbles

I think I may just blow dry my leave out instead of flat ironing it because when i left my friends house my leave out was a little more silky straight then the weave LOL never though I'd see a day where my hair was MORE silky :lachen:

I can't wait to try a braid out!!! I bet it's going to be nice. :yep:

Are the had tied wefts more delicate?

Actually they are smaller but stronger, if that makes sense. They are so tight that I barely see any shed hairs and I have had this hair since october 2010. I did seal the wefts with dritz fray check and I sewed the hair onto a net.

And I feel you on the silky ness OP :lachen:that Is why I dont flat iron it. my hair was silkier than the weave so I settled for the blow drying as well. I will warn you that you will have big hair if you do a braid out. Which I love, but not everyone is in love with the teyanna taylor look lol.

Charlie555

it looks great but may i ask y did u wash the hair?

I always wash weft hair before installing or making wigs. I like for it to smell like my hair products. And if it "acts up" when introduced to water I want to know before I have a birds nest on my head. :lachen:

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
it looks wonderful!! i really like the look with only one pack-i've seen it done with two and it can get a bit overwhelming.

ms.blue

I really like how natural the kinky straight looks on you. I order kinky straight a while ago and now waiting for it to come (18 and 20" w/ matching closure).

Charlie555

I really like how natural the kinky straight looks on you. I order kinky straight a while ago and now waiting for it to come (18 and 20" w/ matching closure).

Thank you! When I saw the picture she took of me from behind before flat ironing I was like :lick: one day my real hair is going to be the same length and thickness :yep:

If all goes well wit this install I may try a closure in the future.