I just cant do it...(stretch)

Danichoo

Hello

I am feeling low today- my hair is a bouffy mess. I wont go up or down and my fringe (bangs?) wont lay flat or curl...been co washing every three days as its the only way to ge my hair to comply, air dry and then only use heat on my fringe to style and wearing rest up with chopsticks.

Im on 7 WPR and feel rubbish. should it be this hard? im 4b not quite collarbone.

Today should be wash day but im tempted to relax intstead. good news is if my regrowth is causing so much trouble it must be growing , right?

I was really hoping to make it to 10 weeks, Ive been dresisng my hair up with scarves and stuff, but its like I hit 6 weeks and my hair says...NO.......

ho hum:sad:

Hello

I am feeling low today- my hair is a bouffy mess. I wont go up or down and my fringe (bangs?) wont lay flat or curl...been co washing every three days as its the only way to ge my hair to comply, air dry and then only use heat on my fringe to style and wearing rest up with chopsticks.

Im on 7 WPR and feel rubbish. should it be this hard? im 4b not quite collarbone.

Today should be wash day but im tempted to relax intstead. good news is if my regrowth is causing so much trouble it must be growing , right?

I was really hoping to make it to 10 weeks, Ive been dresisng my hair up with scarves and stuff, but its like I hit 6 weeks and my hair says...NO.......

ho hum:sad:

I feel your pain. My new growth has been giving me grief and I'm trying to make sure there isn't alot of breakage!:wallbash:...though I'm trying to not give in to the relaxer demons...so since it's my day off, I washed my hair, put a deep conditioner with added oils in it, add my leave-in, tie it down and let it dry. Later on and section my hair in parts and add oil to my moisturizer and make sure from root to tip my hair is coated...this is the only way that I've been able to keep my hair in check :yep: and keep my ng soft...believe me I do feel your pain :grin:

Stretching is not for everyone, but you won't know until you try, either. Maybe you can ease into it by adding one week to your stretch each time until you learn your hair and can go as long as your goal. Maybe you've had a growth spurt and have more new growth than usual at seven weeks. I just decided to take into account time and how much new growth I have before deciding to touch up. 13 weeks is my decided upon time, but I don't have as much new growth as I thought I would, so I'm going week to week. Once I touched up at 10 weeks because I had so much NG. Take your time and don't try to jump into it all at once.

Stretching is not for everyone, but you won't know until you try, either. Maybe you can ease into it by adding one week to your stretch each time until you learn your hair and can go as long as your goal. Maybe you've had a growth spurt and have more new growth than usual at seven weeks. I just decided to take into account time and how much new growth I have before deciding to touch up. 13 weeks is my decided upon time, but I don't have as much new growth as I thought I would, so I'm going week to week. Once I touched up at 10 weeks because I had so much NG. Take your time and don't try to jump into it all at once.

Totally agree with this.:yep: For some 10 weeks is really ambitious. Take it as slow as you need to.

-A

I was at this very point a few days ago. I could not even get a comb through my hair. I'm 4a and 15+ weeks post.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/15-weeks--1-day-post/

I am transitioning to natural and it becomes more difficult each week.

Have you changed your products? I found that the products I was using with a fresh relaxer are not the same products that work on 12 weeks of new growth. Maybe experiment with different conditioners & leave-ins? I intend to pick up French Perm Stabilizer Plus this weekend and maybe Nacidit Olive Oil rinse (used at Domincan salons) to see if they help in detangling for my rollerset.

Have you tried deep conditioning with a good moisturizing deep conditioner. I am currently 18 weeks post relaxer and I find that hot oil rinses and deep conditioning twice a week helps me out a lot. Also using the French Perm Stabilizer Plus helps tremendously in detangling and softening the new growth hairs once a week. I don't cowash too often as this causes my hair to revert too quickly IMO. I might do so once a week.

ETA: I am stretching for about 30 weeks this time but I get a little help from braids with extensions to accomplish it.

Last edited:
Some cant do it.

I have gone past 8 weeks once and it was terrible , so I dont do it anymore.

I'm on my 11th week going on 12th and believe me you can do it.:yep: I dont know how you usually style your hair or if you do protectives but you can try bantu knots and wash and gos. Get some great moisturizing leaveins, a large toothed comb, and use the scarf method.:yep: And there's a NG thread around here somewhere.

I feel your pain. I just gave up on transitioning and wound up having a 4 month stretch instead. I relaxed it just yesterday.

I was at this very point a few days ago. I could not even get a comb through my hair. I'm 4a and 15+ weeks post.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/15-weeks--1-day-post/

I am transitioning to natural and it becomes more difficult each week.

Have you changed your products? I found that the products I was using with a fresh relaxer are not the same products that work on 12 weeks of new growth.

ITA. This is exactly what I discovered. What I use the first 4 wks after my relaxer is different from what I'm using around 8 wks and still may change up around 12wks. I'll wrap up to a certain point then I'll stop go for curly rollersets. It just a whole new ball game with 12wks of ng or more. 12wks is my stopping point from now on.

It's o kay if you don't make it....I just can't do it either...I never stretch....I relax every 6,8 weeks depending on amount of new growth...

Stretching is good...but you can't still reach your goals without stretching

:blush:Ok , I didnt relax it, i just washed and dried with heat . It was ok earlier but I think I need more oil on my NG.

Im going to try one more week. Im also going to get some rollers to see if I can get a sleek look w/o heat and just air dry . then tie it down.

I cant believe how i let my hiar rule my life...I dint want to leave the house!....

ps I have decided my hair doesnt even fall into a catagory , its like type 5 + or something....argh...
Dx

Some cant do it.

I have gone past 8 weeks once and it was terrible , so I dont do it anymore.

For those who dont want to stretch longer, I think 8 weeks is great and most of all it's safer. If you are still determined, you could always relax and go to the stretcher's support thread for more help controlling that NG next round.

HHG :yawn:

Back