I Just Got My Appointment With Reniece & Co!!! Three Years Later!!!!

Kinky4Agirl

Please explain why this appointment takes so long to get and why she is so great for those of us who are not familiar with your previous posts on this subject. I've never heard of her. Is she a celebrity stylist as well?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I might just have to make a trip to Htown.
I just don't think she had/has Celeste's technique down completely. While my hair is just past my shoulders, she seemed to have difficulty styling my hair.

...but CELESTE THOUGH?!!!!!
She swiftly flat ironed the girl in the chair next to me...she's so quick, but proficient, her hair was so silky.... I was like, "...it's not a myth... she IS real...":yahoo:

Meanwhile I'm looking like :antlers:...

julzinha

I'm looking at many of my old posts in this thread and I was adamant about getting a consultation when she opened her books again. And here we are almost a year later and I've finally booked a consultation. I spoke it into existence and it happened. I'm so glad! cause Lord knows when she'll open her books again.

krikit96

Ladies! My challenge ended and here are the pics! Remember, my hair was past shoulder...not yet apl. I'm proud to say, I'm now at mbl, and is just barely touching my bra strap!

Attachments

• 20160813_153417.jpg
    20160813_153417.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 422
  • 20160813_153541.jpg
    20160813_153541.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 403
  • 20160813_153316.jpg
    20160813_153316.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 416

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Oct 2015 reference post.
THEIR WORK SELLS ITSELF
Okay y'all... I WENT and I LOVED IT!
When I got there Reniece was at the front desk. She was very polite and the place was very nice. Another client was leaving, and then Breon called me into her room. She took my two french braids out and looked over my hair... I forgot all the questions I wanted to ask, but she asked me questions about my product usage and what were my main concerns about my hair... I told her that since I had cut my 6 inches of perm/heat damage off last December 30th, I've been experiencing SSK's, which had never been a problem before... blah blah blah...

Anyways, she took me to the bowl and put some of Reniece's "fruit oil" product on my hair... it smelled WONDERFUL... she washed it very carefully and we talked about technique and she let me feel how my hair had so much slip with that product. **Then a 4 car accident happened right outside and we all ran out to see what was going on... **
Came back inside and she put some strengthening conditioner that Reniece makes into my hair, she used this weird comb to massage my scalp... it was WONDERFUL... and the products smelled sooooo good! She put some other conditioner in my hair and I sat under the dryer with a plastic cap. I was the only one in the shop besides the two sisters... they went back outside to see what was going on with the accident.

After that, she rinsed me out, and brought me into her room again. She blow dried my hair, told me that she would put the white cape on me so I can see my ends and how they looked. They were BAD y'all... I have at least an inch to cut, maybe 1.5''. She told me the overall health of my hair was pretty good... I didn't have time allotted for a trim, she had another customer coming... and she was definitely on time. I scheduled to come back in 2 weeks later... I'll get another treatment, a trim, and then we'll talk about me getting weaved up. She said I was a good candidate for weave services because my hair was overall healthy, I don't have any scalp issues or whatnot... my ends were being ravaged by ssk's because I just pull them by the knot and how that was not good for my hair... dah dah dah.

I'm very excited. I told them both how I have about 10 months until my wedding and I want to be skinny with a bunch of healthy hair! Lol... they laughed, they were both really sweet girls. Reniece suggested the 6 month weave up option... Which we'll talk about more in depth when I come back. She talked to me about 20 more minutes after my appt with Breon was over about hair care and suggestions and what not. I appreciate how she took the time to talk to me about questions I had. I'm in the books for two weeks tho!!! Yaaaaazz y'all!!!

After the blowdry, Breon put two braids down the sides of my head... so I could go home and twist it out or braid it out... It looked super thick y'all. I haven't seen my hair that big in a while. My hair feels different... she said it would. I don't do protein treatments.. I just know moisture moisture moisture. So she said my hair would feel definitely "fortified''. It does. It was very much so...

I'm trying to attach these pics I snapped... the first 3 are how I left the shop (I went right to the store, so excuse the background) and the other 2 are when I got home and let the hair out... I don't think they will attach, because the little gray box is just blinking like it's still loading... I will try to post below this reply...

krikit96

Thanks ladies ! I was trying to post before pics. I started the week of Jan 20th, 2016. I did end up getting used for their 6 month growth challenge, which was absolutely WONDERFUL! I really was blessed to go in as a first time client and get chosen. My challenge was over end of July... I got married and had a honeymoon and a death in the family and a blood clot in my leg that broke off and went to my lung...then I lost my job... its been a rough two months! THE STRESS! I ended up keeping it in an extra 2 weeks with all the craziness. But both Reneice and Breon were very pleased with my progress. These results were on Saturday... she emailed me lady night and asked if I'd like to come in and get my hair refreshed since it's sooo humid in our area... I jumped at the chance...so I'm going in at 9am in the morning. It's free! I love them all! I'm a customer for life!

Looking at the before and after pictures... FOR ONLY 6 MONTHS... I can't say anything but they are gifted and deserve all the money they ask for. I didn't even maintenance my hair like I was supposed to because of going to the hospital, and overall being stressed from my sister in law dying 6 days before the wedding and losing the job the following day. Imagine if I was able to keep up!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160819-013035.jpg
    Screenshot_20160819-013035.jpg
    733.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 35417.jpeg
    35417.jpeg
    557.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 35270.jpeg
    35270.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 35262.jpeg
    35262.jpeg
    789 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

lux10023

Huge hugs and blessings
At everything you've been thru :bighug:

Your hair looks lovely
Thanks ladies ! I was trying to post before pics. I started the week of Jan 20th, 2016. I did end up getting used for their 6 month growth challenge, which was absolutely WONDERFUL! I really was blessed to go in as a first time client and get chosen. My challenge was over end of July... I got married and had a honeymoon and a death in the family and a blood clot in my leg that broke off and went to my lung...then I lost my job... its been a rough two months! THE STRESS! I ended up keeping it in an extra 2 weeks with all the craziness. But both Reneice and Breon were very pleased with my progress. These results were on Saturday... she emailed me lady night and asked if I'd like to come in and get my hair refreshed since it's sooo humid in our area... I jumped at the chance...so I'm going in at 9am in the morning. It's free! I love them all! I'm a customer for life!

Looking at the before and after pictures... FOR ONLY 6 MONTHS... I can't say anything but they are gifted and deserve all the money they ask for. I didn't even maintenance my hair like I was supposed to because of going to the hospital, and overall being stressed from my sister in law dying 6 days before the wedding and losing the job the following day. Imagine if I was able to keep up!

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
@krikit96 your hair looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing, I especially love how the back looks, so lush and full. I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, hope things are better now.

I missed my opportunity to get an appointment. I got an email from them back in July about their summer consults but I had too much going on at the time. I'm going to PM breon and see if I can get an appointment. I've waited long enough and although I'm bsl, I had a set back a few months ago. :sad:

deborah11

Ladies! My challenge ended and here are the pics! Remember, my hair was past shoulder...not yet apl. I'm proud to say, I'm now at mbl, and is just barely touching my bra strap!
How often did you go to get a hair treatment from Reneice? Next time, I go I am going to ask Shannon more questions about products to use to wash my hair in between visits. I will have hair appointments every 4 weeks with Shannon and wash once myself between visits myself. I noticed that my hair now feels softer and not as brittle. Seems like it is frizzying a little less also. Really looking forward to next 6 months and pray there will be positive developments.

krikit96

How often did you go to get a hair treatment from Reneice? Next time, I go I am going to ask Shannon more questions about products to use to wash my hair in between visits. I will have hair appointments every 4 weeks with Shannon and wash once myself between visits myself. I noticed that my hair now feels softer and not as brittle. Seems like it is frizzying a little less also. Really looking forward to next 6 months and pray there will be positive developments.

Well, it was only once that I got a hair treatment after the weave was removed. Like a week later. I go back sept 7th

krikit96

Oh...nah, I just got the weave taken down two weeks ago for the 1st time since the 6 months started ... then last week she gave me the treatment. I go back again in 2 weeks.
But I'll keep you posted!
Lol...this thread is ooooold, I just realized that.

deborah11

Oh...nah, I just got the weave taken down two weeks ago for the 1st time since the 6 months started ... then last week she gave me the treatment. I go back again in 2 weeks.
Ok, now I understand. I go back in 3 weeks for my second treatment. I don't know what's in that treatment but my hair feels so moisturized and it's been 10 days since it was last applied it. I just can't believe it! Your hair grows fast and mine grows slowly but I am really anxious to see how much I can retain in 6 months!

amwcah

I just don't think she had/has Celeste's technique down completely. While my hair is just past my shoulders, she seemed to have difficulty styling my hair.

...but CELESTE THOUGH?!!!!!
She swiftly flat ironed the girl in the chair next to me...she's so quick, but proficient, her hair was so silky.... I was like, "...it's not a myth... she IS real...":yahoo:

Meanwhile I'm looking like :antlers:...

@PecanCandy

Is Celeste on the level of Reniece?

krikit96

Ok, now I understand. I go back in 3 weeks for my second treatment. I don't know what's in that treatment but my hair feels so moisturized and it's been 10 days since it was last applied it. I just can't believe it! Your hair grows fast and mine grows slowly but I am really anxious to see how much I can retain in 6 months!

Make sure you let me know how it turns out!

Ese88

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the difficult time you've had recently. That must have been really hard.
Your hair is beautiful! So you kept the weave in for 6 months straight? How often did you wash? Did you condition at all?

krikit96

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the difficult time you've had recently. That must have been really hard.
Your hair is beautiful! So you kept the weave in for 6 months straight? How often did you wash? Did you condition at all?
Thank you! Yes, the weave came out every 2 months to retighten...wash, condition, etc.
I washed under the weave with an applicator tip bottle and as well... that was mostly every 3 weeks... I also oiled the scalp with an applicator tip bottle as well

zora

Thank you! Yes, the weave came out every 2 months to retighten...wash, condition, etc.
I washed under the weave with an applicator tip bottle and as well... that was mostly every 3 weeks... I also oiled the scalp with an applicator tip bottle as well
What type of hair did you use?

julzinha

I was wondering what you were moisturizing your hair with while in the weave?

bebezazueta

@krikit96 you and your hair are BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on the hair growth and new marriage! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, job and your health! Praying for you and your family.