I just had my first hairgasm!!!

abordeaux

:blush:

OMG y'all, I'm so happy right now. I have been trying for so long to find the right moisturizers for my hair. Lately, I've been spraying my hair with a mix of glycerine and water, then sealing with Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In. While it's a great moisturizing system, sometimes my hair was left feeling heavy or even greasy if I went overboard.

I've been stalking the hair board like a mad woman and the two moisturizers that stuck out the most are aloe vera juice and extra virgin coconut oil. It seems everyone is raving about these. I finally went to Vitamin Shoppe yesterday and bought some aloe vera juice and extra virgin coconut oil.

Last night, I filled my spray bottle about 1/4 way with glycerine, and the rest with aloe vera juice then shook vigorously. I went section by section spraying my hair with the mix, and then coating the hair with melted coconut oil and then twisted that section. I did my whole head then put on my bonnet.

When I woke up and took down the twists, my hair was more soft and moisturized than it had EVER been. Before, my hair was feeling moisturized and soft, but it sometimes felt heavy and I think it was because of the Cantu Shea butter leave in, maybe I was using too much of it. Anyway, my hair is super light and when I feel my hair, my fingers do not come out oily. It's like my hair just drank it up!

So thanks to all of the ladies who posted their experiences with aloe vera juice and EVCO. Y'all have saved my life! :cry3:

MrsMe

Oh, I got to try that...:scratchch Let me see I have an aloe plant, some EVCO my mom brought me from Haiti, glycerine and water. I'm really tempted to try your mix, although I JUST changed my regimen... Seems like I change it every month now... :grin:

abordeaux

Oh, I got to try that...:scratchch Let me see I have an aloe plant, some EVCO my mom brought me from Haiti, glycerine and water. I'm really tempted to try your mix, although I JUST changed my regimen... Seems like I change it every month now... :grin:

Girl, this is IT for me! :yahoo:

Hey girl!! I'm really happy that you found something that works for you in the moisture department. What was the brand of the aloe juice? You got it at the vitamin shoppe?

(ps. LOL @ at the title of this thread!)

Whimsy

YAAAAY!!!!
i'm so glad u found something that works so well for u!!
So gratifying, right? like you can finally stop searching....it's true love hehehehe
Coconut oil is my only love, i'm going to marry it.
Cantu made my hair feel a bit weighed down too sometimes.

Ericka

Where did you get the aloe vera juice from??? I really want to try this.

Also did you find this mix to define your natural curls more???