I just had to testify! (Tea Rinsing)

Irresistible

Tea rinses do dramatically decrease shedding, and I DO MEAN DRAMATICALLY!

AND INSTANTLY!

This was no fluke, no coincidence, no mistaking!

I am a tea rinser for life now! :yep:

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

It's the caffeine. It's in the coffee for growth thread. Coffee does the same thing, anything with caffeine. Except I like that tea doesn't leave a smell behind, so that's what I've been doing too.

Platinum

Very interesting!:look: I'll have to check it out. It's going to be hard to do without throwing a lemon in it and drinking it though.:giggle:

Eisani

What kind of tea rinse did you do, Iris? I love 'em too! The one I did (green tea/fenugreek) left my hair so detangled, soft and shiny!!

Stella B.

Girll, I thought you were talking about the ayurvedic tea rinses for your hair that some of us use like brahmi, amla, shikakai instead of the pastes...I didn't know you could use regular everyday tea as a hair rinse!! See this is why I love this forum, cause I'm always learning something new!!!!:grin:

Irresistible

It's the caffeine. It's in the coffee for growth thread. Coffee does the same thing, anything with caffeine. Except I like that tea doesn't leave a smell behind, so that's what I've been doing too.

Yeah thats why I chose the tea, plus its just easier for me, plus it actually has some nutrients in it, plus I read that it has a property that actually dies the hair (it didnt say that about coffee) and even gives red-ish highlights, amongst other reasons

I know Bronze said coffee decreased her shedding, I am testifying that she was right and this is serious business, because all circumstances considered I was fully prepared to lose my usual Gob of hair and even more, I could not believe it was about half of the usual amount with just one rinse. I am amazed and there is nothing else that could have been the contributing factor

Last edited:

Irresistible

Very interesting!:look: I'll have to check it out. It's going to be hard to do without throwing a lemon in it and drinking it though.:giggle:
I know huh? I love tea and dont drink it much nor coffee but if I make it and smell it I wanna drink it, haha

but leave the lemon out for the rinse mama:grin:
What kind of tea rinse did you do, Iris? I love 'em too! The one I did (green tea/fenugreek) left my hair so detangled, soft and shiny!!
I used reg ole black tea girl, Lipton

I put it (tea bags) in a 32oz empty/rinsed/clean Gatorade bottle, just let it brew with hot water, for a couple/few hours, then poured it over my head, grabbed my hair up into a pony tail holder, and draped a towel around me and waited about 20-30 minutes and rinsed

Last edited:

Irresistible

Thanks for sharing!
How did your hair feel afterwards?
my hair felt great, still does, I followed up with an Olive Oil/Honey/warm water rinse, then I did what I wouldnt usually do , I shampoo'd, because I'm gonna press and my hair was TANGLED, because I had not done a full comb through in a week-my typical time frame-but I wouldnt EVER shampoo without detangling first and OMG my hair was all stuck together, I am talking where you have to PULL it apart and its just stuck.......I was like :wallbash: why did I do this, I KNOW better! I was stressed when I saw how tangled it was, I never shampoo already tangled hair :wallbash:, I dont know what I was thinking, but anyhow, I was totally amazed when I had to do all that detangling expecting to lose my usual gob and then some from all them knots and tangles, and the shedding was MINIMAL, Even less than normal , under typical conditions and certainly far less for what I expected with them tangles. I used ORS OORP to detangle, and I still have the shed hair sitting on a towel, looking at it here and there , blown away, so friggin happy and thankful that its that small amount, even showed my daughter, she too was like how did that happen?:lachen:

but my hair feels great girl, I'm still in the conditioning process, but I am very pleased that I lost so little hair :yep:

I'll do this tomorrow :yep:

Girll, I thought you were talking about the ayurvedic tea rinses for your hair that some of us use like brahmi, amla, shikakai instead of the pastes...I didn't know you could use regular everyday tea as a hair rinse!! See this is why I love this forum, cause I'm always learning something new!!!!:grin:
yeah just reg ole tea mama!

I never got into the Ayurvedic stuff, because I ALWAYS felt overwhelmed with learning what to use and how, although I have seen how it works wonderfully for so many

Last edited:

msa

I'm drinking vanilla caramel tea right now and you're making me want to put it on my head Iris.

Oh, and that honey/olive oil rinse...do you just pour that on and rinse with water? What does it do to your hair? Can you detangle with it?

Irresistible

:lachen::lachen:

that sounds good :lick:
The honey Olive oil rinse I mixed it all together in a bottle with warm water and shook it up so the honey would disolve and the oil mixed in and then just poured that over my head too, I used quite a bit of honey, I am sure you could detangle with it and it would work, I just didnt want to with the all that dripping at that stage, probably if I would have done my usual conditioner wash next instead of the shampoo, or detangled first, the tangles wouldnt have been so bad, but I know it was the tea that saved me from losing massive amounts of hair during that detangling session, I noticed something was way different just on the first section i started on, I got through my whole head and just looked at the hair after the hellish detangling like HUH?:grin: I took it to my daughter even like 'look at this' she thought I was TRYING to say 'Thats alot of hair' She was like looking confused, and said 'Mom thats not alot of hair at all' I just looked in awe like 'I KNOW' then she was like HUH? how did that happen? I cant wait to do this again and see the results under other circumstances
I'm drinking vanilla caramel tea right now and you're making me want to put it on my head Iris.

Oh, and that honey/olive oil rinse...do you just pour that on and rinse with water? What does it do to your hair? Can you detangle with it?

Irresistible

btw I did a rinse with all these for my face too

they say tea can give your skin a nice even tanned look, plus being that its loaded with antioxidants I knew it could only be a good thing

so for my face I did it the opposite, Olive Oil/Honey/Warm Water rinse, wiped off with a paper towel, then rinsed with tea, and wiped off with a paper towel, my face felt soft and dewey all day long

I'm sold on this now for my hair and face :yep:

msa

^^^^I just bought some raw honey from whole foods the other day. I'm gonna try the mix tomorrow evening since it's my hair day. I already use olive oil to detangle but I think honey will add some extra moisture.

Now tea rinses...let me do some research...

tiffanyoneal

Oh I thought you were talking about the ayurvedic tea rinses. Using just regular black teas sound good. For one I wont have to worry about mixing powders. Do you mind telling me which brand of tea you used?

MonPetite

FYI Ladies:

Raw Honey if diluted with 1 part honey to 4 parts liquid will LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR AGGRESSIVELY. PM for details, I learned about it on LHC.

Hey, Iris!

I just wanted to tease you and say: YAY! FINALLY something your finicky mane is happy with: tea!:lachen:

It's all love though, dear. :grin:

I'll have to try this after I run out of garlic tablets. :yep:

Irresistible

Oh I thought you were talking about the ayurvedic tea rinses. Using just regular black teas sound good. For one I wont have to worry about mixing powders. Do you mind telling me which brand of tea you used?

I used lipton Orange pekoe. Black tea

about 6 tea bags brewed in 32oz of hot water for a couple/few hours untill brewed and cooled to slightly warm temp

Irresistible

FYI Ladies:

Raw Honey if diluted with 1 part honey to 4 parts liquid will LIGHTEN YOUR HAIR AGGRESSIVELY. PM for details, I learned about it on LHC.

Hey, Iris!

I just wanted to tease you and say: YAY! FINALLY something your finicky mane is happy with: tea!:lachen:

hey girl , I didnt know that about honey, I dont think I would mind it too much though, I wont be doing this any more often than once a week

yes girl, finally something my hair loves! :woohoo:

Irresistible

FYI Ladies:

Hey, Iris!

oh girl and btw I take garlic daily too, this still gave improvement upon that:yep:

Crown

hey girl , I didnt know that about honey, I dont think I would mind it too much though, I wont be doing this any more often than once a week

yes girl, finally something my hair loves! :woohoo:

Molasses instead of honey, it darkens the hair.
Do the black tea rinse as a final rinse and leave it on your hair == SOFT and DARK and SHINE
After preparation (as beverage or rinse), use the tea bag to gently scrub your face == SOFT and BEAUTIFUL.
For your spritz, use green tea instead of water == SOFT and SHINE.