I just ordered a FHI 207RVI Flatiron...

Blessedhairgro

I went overboard purchasing heat appliances on Folica.com:lol: ! I really enjoyed the thread entitled "review your flatiron" or something like that. It was a long but informative thread. After reading how passionate Sistaslick and so many others were about FHI and others about Maxiglide I decided to go with FHI model 207 RVI (1inch iron). I haven't received it yet but I have high hopes for it. I also, at the same time ordered a hot tools ceramic spring curling iron (1.5 inch, the purple one). they both come with a free heat pad/ wrap. I just need them for when my hair is thick with new growth which won't be til 1 1/2 months from now but the thread really motivated me:lol: .

I just need to know what the best heat protectant is to use with flat and curling irons. Looking for something that will work wonders on relaxed 4a hair:) . Thanks in advance ladies!

Last edited:

honeybadgirl

that would be chi silk infusions!!! LOVE IT! i also have that same flat iron and i fell in love with it the 1st time i used it! i'm sure you'll be soooooo happy with the results, especially using it with the silk infusions!:p

ShaniKeys

What a coincidence, I've just purchased two flat irons (addict) from Babyliss, can't wait to try them. There's one that heats up to 450° F, won't use it more than once a month. As for the best heat protectant, try Heat Glide from Redken's Smooth Down line.

jellynote

I've got both of those heat protectants and I must say that they are both very good! You can't go wrong with either one of those choices!!

HoneyDew

There are really so many!

I use Fantasia IC Heat Protector Straightening serum. I tried Silk Infusion and it works no better than my Fantasia IC. I like the fact that it has protein in it, though, so I mix a bit of it with my Fantasia. For me, the Silk infusion is just too much for me since I use serum twice a week.

I have also like the Redken Heat glide, but I found it to be too sticky at times. I stopped using it for that reason.

Keracare Silken Seal is another good one, but like the Redken, it ended up being too thick and sticky for me.

Cleve_gryl

I just picked up a FHI 205RFI on clearance from $99 at $29.99 at my local bss :yay:. I haven't used it yet since I'm trying to stay away from heat for a while. It came with a sample packet of FHI Heat Hot Sauce leave in for heat styling. Once I try the Hot Sauce, I'll post a review!

Sly

Blessedhairgro said:
I went overboard purchasing heat appliances on Folica.com:lol: ! I really enjoyed the thread entitled "review your flatiron" or something like that. It was a long but informative thread. After reading how passionate Sistaslick and so many others were about FHI and others about Maxiglide I decided to go with FHI model 207 RVI (1inch iron). I haven't received it yet but I have high hopes for it. I also, at the same time ordered a hot tools ceramic spring curling iron (1.5 inch, the purple one). they both come with a free heat pad/ wrap. I just need them for when my hair is thick with new growth which won't be til 1 1/2 months from now but the thread really motivated me:lol: .

I just need to know what the best heat protectant is to use with flat and curling irons. Looking for something that will work wonders on relaxed 4a hair:) . Thanks in advance ladies!

Oooo, This is the one I want :creatures . I've been watching the reviews and have settled on this one as well.

SohoHair

I have that flatiron and I love it, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.:D

I've used Keracare Silken Seal and Chi Silk Infusion. I like the Chi a little better and it's got lot's of cones and silk proteins to protect your hair so I think I'll be sticking with it.

Blessedhairgro

I've heard good things about keracare silken seal on this board and I was going to get it too. I saw it at my local BSS but I left it right there. toooooo expensive for such a small bottle:)

baglady215

I'm trying to hold myself back from ordering an FHI. I have a Solia and there's abosultely nothing wrong with it!!! <---Talking to myself :lol:

For heat protection, I love Kenra Platinum Gloss. CHI is good too.

baglady215

Shoot, I just looked and it's only $80 now... I remember this model was much more. I shouldn't have looked.

trulyurangel82

I have the fhi. Its my first expensive iron. I luv it.

I did have a sedu but it broke :(. made me angry because it was close to 100 dollars.

My fav heat protectant right now is fx silk drops. I got it at walgreens.

Blessedhairgro

How does everyone feel about Fantasia IC heat protection serum (in the pink bottle)? I'm trying to go cheap but if it doesn't work as well as the more expensive brands I'll just have to cave and spend the money. Oh what we go through to be beautiful :lol:.

HoneyDew

Blessedhairgro said:
How does everyone feel about Fantasia IC heat protection serum (in the pink bottle)? I'm trying to go cheap but if it doesn't work as well as the more expensive brands I'll just have to cave and spend the money. Oh what we go through to be beautiful :lol:.

That's the one I use and it is great! It smells good, too.

Blessedhairgro

Thanks Honeydew!! I used the fantasia IC heat protectant serum last night after applying my leave-in and prior to blowdrying. I curled my hair with my curling iron without applying any more product and it was soft and shiny. Great product! so glad I didn't spend my money on keracare silken, I still want it, just cant see spending so much money on such a small bottle:lol: .

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I didn't know there was a difference in flat irons! You guys are makin me wanna get this! Do the different sizes make a difference? I have a feeling I'm gonna be a hardcore PJ in a little bit!

kbody4

After reading good reviews for the FHI, I just ordered one today!! I ordered the same one as Blessedhairgro :)

BrownSkin2

My stylist used a FHI flat iron w/ Essential Design HCO heat protectant on me. Many people thought I had relaxed my hair, it was that silky, bouncy and shiny. I shampooed and deep conditioned today, and all my hair reverted back to its natural state. I am sooooo impressed with the FHI that I am contemplating buying one to use occasionally on my 4 a/b natural hair.

Blessedhairgro

I used my FHI flatiron for the first time yesterday and all I can say is wow:eek:!!!
It is a great iron and I am soooo glad I got this one. Because I've never flatironed before I practiced on a few human hair ponytails that I have that had gotten a little dull looking. I used the highest setting for those (450 degrees) I used fantasia IC heat protector serum on them then flat ironed, they are all so silky and smooth with great shine and it was sooooo easy. I was even able to bump the ends :). Then I washed and conditioned my hair and added the fantasia serum over my leave in, blow dried and flat ironed on 370 degrees (this temperature was good for my relaxed head). My hair was so smooth and had so much body and the shine was amazing. Thank you to all of you who suggested this flatiron and the fantasia heat protector serum they are a great combo!!!!!