I LOVE Flaxseed Oil!... Challenge Anyone?

Candy_C

Hey Girlsss

Since i've been back on track with my hair vitamins, i noticed i missed the vital addition of flax oil (which i use during the faster growth periods last year).

The weather is on and off, and because my hair been feeling slightly dry lately due to the semi permanent rinser i used, i decided this time to use the flaxseed oil in capsule form.

My hair feels bouncier, looks shinier and it looks overall, very nice indeed!
I think Flaxseed is very important to add to your regime.

I take 2 capsules pr day, in total that amounts to 4,000mg. As you may or may not know, i used to down a tablespoon of the oil straight (woah!:perplexed) which woked very well, but has caused stomach upsets in others and over oily skin in myself.

Not only does flaxseed oil help with the moisture content the scalp releases in the form of sebum, but it also helps aduly acne. My skin is soft and pretty, acne marks fade within days rather than weeks, and its even been toted to help those wh owant to, lose weight.

You should see a difference almost overnight with the oil, as one tablespoon is equivalent to 9,400+mg.

So, i call for a challenge, especially to those who havent tried it before, and to those who have stopped taking it for some time!!

And i'd love to hear other peoples experience with this supplement too please

thankyouuuu

Candy xXx

gymfreak336

This came right on time for me. I just got a new bottle of lemon flavored flaxseed oil the other week and I still haven't opened it yet.

How much did you take when you took the liquid oil?

Candy_C

This came right on time for me. I just got a new bottle of lemon flavored flaxseed oil the other week and I still haven't opened it yet.

How much did you take when you took the liquid oil?

i took a tablespoon of a night time gymfreak336!

mmm lemon flavoured

now wherreee did u find that huh?!

gymfreak336

i took a tablespoon of a night time gymfreak336!

mmm lemon flavoured

now wherreee did u find that huh?!

barleans sells it. You can order from their website of from vitaminlife. The lemon tastes SOOOO much better. I down mine with a cup of tea and I can't taste a thing. It is the only way I can take it. The plain is just too gross for me

dillard

i'm so on it candy!! :yep:

i was adding flaxseed oil to my shakes, salads, yogurts everyday for about 2 weeks. i noticed a big difference especially in my skin and nails, i think my hair too... but it made my stomach hurt so i stopped. i have the capsules also, but on the bottle it says take 6 daily for the same effect of 1 tablespoon! so i didn't even start. but i think i can manage 2 daily so whenever you say go!!! i also stopped my other vits for the last 3 weeks cuz i was away on vaca and didn't pack them! so i really need to get back on the ball.

Candy_C

barleans sells it. You can order from their website of from vitaminlife. The lemon tastes SOOOO much better. I down mine with a cup of tea and I can't taste a thing. It is the only way I can take it. The plain is just too gross for me

yeahhh, its kinda...peanutty?

hmmm, i'll check that site out, thanks!:yep:

I take mine last thing at night, when do you take yours?

With or without food?

gymfreak336

yeahhh, its kinda...peanutty?

hmmm, i'll check that site out, thanks!:yep:

I take mine last thing at night, when do you take yours?

With or without food?

I usually take mine with dinner. I wait an hour or two after I eat dinner and then have a cup of hot tea with my biotin and bcomplex.

Candy_C

i'm so on it candy!! :yep:

i was adding flaxseed oil to my shakes, salads, yogurts everyday for about 2 weeks. i noticed a big difference especially in my skin and nails, i think my hair too... but it made my stomach hurt so i stopped. i have the capsules also, but on the bottle it says take 6 daily for the same effect of 1 tablespoon! so i didn't even start. but i think i can manage 2 daily so whenever you say go!!! i also stopped my other vits for the last 3 weeks cuz i was away on vaca and didn't pack them! so i really need to get back on the ball.

Ooooooh, whenever your ready hun!

I'm taking mine tonight with a glass of warm water

(this is a lil secret of mine - but it really helps the body absorb the vits better, give it a try :grin:)

Lady Esquire

CandyC,
Count me in!! I bought a bottle of flax seed a while ago and never opened it! I am so in. I will report back after I start seeing results. BTW, your hair is gawgus!

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I'm in!!

I've been slippin on my flaxseed oil intake. In addition to hair benefits, I realized that I had few to zero monthly menstrual symptons when I took my flaxseed on a regular basis!!

So yes!! I'm in on this challenge! :yep: I'll be using my leftover oil--then, I'll use the remainder of my flaxseed capsules.

-----

gym freak, that lemon flavored flax seed oil sounds like a winner! I would like to try that--because the regular flaxseed oil is NOT a tasty oil!

gymfreak336

I'm in!!

I've been slippin on my flaxseed oil intake. In addition to hair benefits, I realized that I had few to zero monthly menstrual symptons when I took my flaxseed on a regular basis!!

So yes!! I'm in on this challenge! :yep: I'll be using my leftover oil--then, I'll use the remainder of my flaxseed capsules.

-----

gym freak, that lemon flavored flax seed oil sounds like a winner! I would like to try that--because the regular flaxseed oil is NOT a tasty oil!

The lemon is really great. I mix it with icetea some times and just tastes like lemon tea. I can't imagine trying to take the plain again

TwistNMx

I love Flaxseed Oil.
Have been putting it in my hot cereal every morning for a few years now.
It has a great nutty taste.

HairBearerCare

I just started to take coconut oil in capsule form. I have heard that it works great internally to help the condition of the hair, skin and the immune system. I was going to take flaxseed but I had bought the coconut oil already so I am going to see what that does for me first. Really want to get flaxseed but don’t want to be taking to many things at once…

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134124&cp&sr=1&origkw=coconut+oil&kw=coconut+oil&parentPage=search

http://www.coconutoil.com/research.htm

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Have you guys ever tried just the plain flax seeds? Try them, they digest better and don't cause stomach upset or anything like that. You can eat them with your cereal, put them on top of yogurt or ice cream for a nutty crunch, or you can use them in granola and you will never taste the difference!!! One thing though, I must mention this: if you do decide to try the the flax seeds, DO NOT TOAST THEM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!! I say this because I want you to do a search about toasting flax seeds. The effects and consequences can be dangerous and maybe even fatal. Don't let me scare you off from trying them out (they are a great alternative to flax seed oil for those who don't want to take pills or the liquid), and they taste just like regular ol' nuts!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Have you guys ever tried just the plain flax seeds? Try them, they digest better and don't cause stomach upset or anything like that. You can eat them with your cereal, put them on top of yogurt or ice cream for a nutty crunch, or you can use them in granola and you will never taste the difference!!! One thing though, I must mention this: if you do decide to try the the flax seeds, DO NOT TOAST THEM FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!! I say this because I want you to do a search about toasting flax seeds. The effects and consequences can be dangerous and maybe even fatal. Don't let me scare you off from trying them out (they are a great alternative to flax seed oil for those who don't want to take pills or the liquid), and they taste just like regular ol' nuts!!

I used to take flax seed. Just put a handful in my hands and take them, chew them up a bit, then swallow with water. I took them not for hair but to make me regular. :lol: I really need to get back on them because I really did get better digestion with them. I used to add in yogurt or cottage cheese as well. I suppose oatmeal would be good as well. :yep:

mw138

I've been taking liquid flaxseed oil for about a month now and I have noticed more growth than usual. My newgrowth is crazy! I'm not complaining though. I'm scheduled for my next touch up in one week. I can't wait to see the results!

shunta

Thanx for the reminder, Candy. Ive been slacking on mine for quite a few weeks now, but tomorrow Im back on the ball.:yep:

Cayenne0622

Hey Girlsss

Since i've been back on track with my hair vitamins, i noticed i missed the vital addition of flax oil (which i use during the faster growth periods last year).

The weather is on and off, and because my hair been feeling slightly dry lately due to the semi permanent rinser i used, i decided this time to use the flaxseed oil in capsule form.

My hair feels bouncier, looks shinier and it looks overall, very nice indeed!
I think Flaxseed is very important to add to your regime.

I take 2 capsules pr day, in total that amounts to 4,000mg. As you may or may not know, i used to down a tablespoon of the oil straight (woah!:perplexed) which woked very well, but has caused stomach upsets in others and over oily skin in myself.

Not only does flaxseed oil help with the moisture content the scalp releases in the form of sebum, but it also helps aduly acne. My skin is soft and pretty, acne marks fade within days rather than weeks, and its even been toted to help those wh owant to, lose weight.

You should see a difference almost overnight with the oil, as one tablespoon is equivalent to 9,400+mg.

So, i call for a challenge, especially to those who havent tried it before, and to those who have stopped taking it for some time!!

And i'd love to hear other peoples experience with this supplement too please

thankyouuuu

Candy xXx

I agree. Flaxseed Oil is awesome! I've taking 1-2 tbs every night with a small glass of carrot juice every night since November. I know it has contributed to the health of my hair and skin. Wish my ends were as healthy as the hair closer to my scalp.

yodie

I read this challenge as I was on my way to the salon.
My edges and nape are the DRIEST part of my hair. My hair in general is VERY dry.

I have more than usual breakage on all my edges. :nono:
I've tried to get these areas to grow for years. I accept that these are slow growing areas, but I can't afford for them to break.

Had been using BT on my edges. I love BT, but I think it's too drying on my edges and caused some breakage.

COUNT ME IN LADIES. Just came from Rite-Aid with Flax Seed Oil in hand.

locabouthair

I'm in!!

-----

hmm. maybe that's why i didnt get any cramps during my last period. i usually get them and i was suprised the last time. i'll see what happens next month.

im taking flaxseed oil to get shiny hair. it does take time to see results because it only affects the new growth coming in not the hair that's already on your head.

Hair Peace

Count me in! I was taking them in pill form, but either I lost the bottle or I left them in NY when I was visitng last month:wallbash:. I kept trying to find it b4 I went out and bought another one, but I guess I just need to break down and get another bottle.

taj

I'm in.....that's the only part of my regimen that I've been slacki on. Thank you Candy for always keeping us on point!:grin:

divinefavor

Candy_C you can count me in.

I normally take a tbsp of the oil straight. I recently started taking the lemon flavored and it tastes much better. I just ran out of my bottle, but I'll get some more this weekend and will start on the challenge.

nicki6

I'm in!! I'm currently taking 2-4 pills daily, but I prefer to take the oil orally because it gives better results.

When I was taking a tablespoon daily, my new growth was VERY moisturized and my skin was baby smooth:D

I get mine for $8 at Vitamin Shoppe. Its Spectrum brand and comes in a cinnamon flavor also.

DO NOT get it from Walmart or GNC:barf:

ETA: Don't take your vitamin and flaxseed at the same time:sick:

Last edited: