I LOVE Flaxseed Oil!... Challenge Anyone?

nicki6

Just checking in, ladies:wave:

I have been taking a tablespoon daily for a week and my skin feels great..especially my face:up:

It will probably be another week or two before my new growth feels more moisturized also.

Windsy

I have been using it for about a week now and likes it. When I told my mom about me taking she said "yes, you need to get ready for menopause". So this may be an added benefit as well.

PanamasOwn

I have been taking this in combonation with 5000mcg of biotin and 1000mg of MSM (and vitamin E and Vit. D and Vitamin C).... I used to breakout on my face more when I took MSM without the Flax Seed oil, but I take two pills a day, and rarely breakout anymore. But the results of my hair are going pretty well so far.

Sugar Brown

I'm loving flaxseed oil. It helps me out with clear glowing skin and shiny hair. I get almost immediate results adding whole flax seeds to salad (tastes like sesame). I also add actual flaxseed oil to smoothies or salad dressing.

kittenz

Bumping for responses. As usual, I'm not being consistent:ohwell:
I slacked off too. I was sick with a for about a week and couldn't swallow anything and didn't start back up for about another week. But I'm back on board now...hopefully.

Softresses

I just noticed this post,

I have been eating flax seeds and Flax bread and taking Flax oil for years. It is a wonderful food. It keeps my system moving regularly, keeps my skin moisturized, which is awesome because my eczema never flares up when I eat it regularly. It also helps keep my hair moisturized and my nails strong. If I stop taking it I immedicately get really dry eyes again, and that serves as my reminder to get some more.

I love to put the oil in yogurt, oatmeal, or shakes. The flax seeds I put in yogurt too, and sprinkle it on my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I love the Flax bread too it is soft and yummy.

It is really great for lowering Cholesterol, and controlling high blood pressure, as well as lowering blood sugar. I have had very positive results in all those areas. (Don't go jumpin off ya meds tho! because it works for some does not mean it willl work for all!)

Studies say it helps fight, and decrease breast cancer, and prostate cancer, both hormonal related, because of the phytoestrogens it contains.

I am glad that others are seeing grreat results with their Flax too.:grin:

Softresses

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I just bought Udo's high lignan 3-6-9 oil blend with flax, borage, coconut and sunflower (and other) oils from Whole Foods. I was told that flax oil (liquid) should be kept refrigerated at all times, and that it's best if it's bought cold. I am returning the Country Life Flax oil I bought from vitamin shoppe, since it wasn't refrigerated.

I got Udo's as well the other day. I still need to use up my capsules, but my goal is just to take 2 of the capsules at lunch and start slowly with a teaspoon after dinner.

SmartyPants

Candy_C I hope you are feeling better :bighug:.

Thanks for bumping this back up to the top because I missed it when it was posted. It's a good thing too. I have been taking 1 (1000 mg) per day. When i saw that you were taking 4000 mg per day, I went back and read the dosage on the bottle again. Yep, it says take 1 capsule THREE TIMES A DAY :wallbash:. I completely missed that the first time around. So, I am going to up my dosage and see what happens.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
This sounds good:yep:. I've been meaning to get some more vits. I do take my Biotin in the form of HSN but that's about it for my hair. I'll try the flaxseed oil, see if I can find the capsules.

City_girl

Ok, so I can't really tell the impact that my flaxseed capsules are having on my hair. I think my hair is coming in more mosturized, but it is too soon to tell. But on another note. My period is virtually NON-EXISTENT. It's extreeeeemely light this month AND I've had no discomfort whatsoever.

Now check this out. I run out of my monthly supply of flax capsules yesterday and one day off of it, my flow is already heavier and I have very mild cramps. Weird, huh? :ohwell:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I just bought some flaxseed oil capsules so I'll be starting on those from today. I'm gonna take 3-4 (1000mg)of them per day and see what happens in the next 1-3 months.

lana

Well I take Fish Oil for dietary reasons, 1 tsp per day...it's flavored with Lemon so it's not too bad. I just mixed a half bottle of Flax Seed Oil with it, and I'm going taking them together now. :yep:

I'll let you know where I'm at in three months. :)

lana

Well I take Fish Oil for dietary reasons, 1 tsp per day...it's flavored with Lemon so it's not too bad. I just mixed a half bottle of Flax Seed Oil with it, and I'm going taking them together now. :yep:

I'll let you know where I'm at in three months. :)

Candy_C

instead of the capsules i've broke down and purchased the oil again!!

i will take a tablespoon beginning tonight!

Luxlii

I was looking for flaxseed oil on amazon and the serving is usually 130 calories of pure fat. Anyone notice weight gain?

CodeRed

Bumping. I think I'm going to start doing this... definitely getting the oil for my hair (probably next month)... going to incorporate flax seeds into my meals and capsules into my vitamin regimen...

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Ive done this in the past.
Sounds like something to get back on.

I feel like I've read somewhere that flaxseed has MANY benefits for the body.
I'm making a whole foods run after work and this will be on my list.