I love, love, LOVE my new Flexi8 clip!

ricochet

Hey ladies, I just thought I would share some pics of my beautiful new Flexi8 clip that my wonderful Mom-n-Law got me for my birthday! :yay: She also got me a Hairzing, which hasn't come in the mail yet, but this flexi8 is just beautiful! I straightened my hair (using my maxiglide but no blow dryer this time) and used heat for the first time this year on this past Sunday and I am going to try to wear it straight all the way to next Monday. I used my birthday weekend, which starts this coming Friday, to use my pass for session 2 of bootcamp.

I did my big chop on my birthday in May 2002 and this year, Lord willing, I will be 31 years old and my natural hair will be 6 years old :birthday2. I will be updating my fotki with my straight hair pics soon and I will let you know when the pics are ready. I am so glad I got the extra large flexi-8, I feared it would be too big after seeing the video of the chick with the butt length hair...then I remembered, us thick haired folx need extra sturdy and extra big accessories to hold all this thickness we got going on! In the meantime, check out my Flexi8!

Mom-n-law told me to order whichever one I wanted and I chose the Princess tiara with clear stone-set and beadwork. I love it!

Xavier

Girl where have you been I looked at your fotki for the first time and I am speechless.:shocked: YOU HAVE VERY BEAUTIFUL HAIR.

anon123

Hey ladies, I just thought I would share some pics of my beautiful new Flexi8 clip that my wonderful Mom-n-Law got me for my birthday! :yay: She also got me a Hairzing, which hasn't come in the mail yet, but this flexi8 is just beautiful! I straightened my hair (using my maxiglide but no blow dryer this time) and used heat for the first time this year on this past Sunday and I am going to try to wear it straight all the way to next Monday. I used my birthday weekend, which starts this coming Friday, to use my pass for session 2 of bootcamp.

I did my big chop on my birthday in May 2002 and this year, Lord willing, I will be 31 years old and my natural hair will be 6 years old :birthday2. I will be updating my fotki with my straight hair pics soon and I will let you know when the pics are ready. I am so glad I got the extra large flexi-8, I feared it would be too big after seeing the video of the chick with the butt length hair...then I remembered, us thick haired folx need extra sturdy and extra big accessories to hold all this thickness we got going on! In the meantime, check out my Flexi8!

Mom-n-law told me to order whichever one I wanted and I chose the Princess tiara with clear stone-set and beadwork. I love it!

What in the world?! I asked for a flexi8 and a hair zing for my b-day, too! Which is also in May! So you got the extra large. It looks like a perfect fit. I asked my father to get me a large, but I figure if it can't all fit I'll just do half up. Yours looks so nice. And you should totally send them a picture. They had those videos saying it's for all textures but wasn't a black woman in any of the videos.

ricochet

Thank you ladies, you all are sooo sweet. :blush: Yeah, the xtra large just seemed "right" and my hair would laugh at the small ones. Maybe in the future, I will get me a large for some half ups and "maybe" a medium for when I am clipping up some very small pieces of hair in my crown.

Happy Birthday Mwedzi! Yes, Mom-n-law always asks me what I want for holidays and I always tell her nothing and then I thought, "Hmmm, I have always wanted to try those flexi8's and hairzings but I am sooo cheap!" She said "Go for it because you have beautiful hair and those would be perfect!" I was ecstatic!

dlewis

Your hair is beautiful. And that clip is beautiful.

Happy Birthday to ya. You have a wonderful MIL.

Stillalady why don't you have one, you didn't buy one during your hair changing spell?

I also LOVE this clip, love it.

glam-

Alright, you guys finally got me. I ordered one tonight after I read this thread. I had toyed with the idea before but popping yet another claw clip at work last week pushed me over the edge:wallbash:- plus I wore a claw clip today and it felt kinda heavy on my head (or maybe I'm just rationalizing this purchase :perplexed). Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying the flexi 8.

SparklingFlame

Your hair is beautiful. And that clip is beautiful.

Happy Birthday to ya. You have a wonderful MIL.

Stillalady why don't you have one, you didn't buy one during your hair changing spell?

I also LOVE this clip, love it.
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Oh so you got jokes, huh?

Nah....Flexi8 hadnt caught my eye then. I got my eye on it now but I'm resisting. I just got 3 HairZings I have to wear out first! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ricochet

I had toyed with the idea before but popping yet another claw clip at work last week pushed me over the edge:wallbash:- plus I wore a claw clip today and it felt kinda heavy on my head (or maybe I'm just rationalizing this purchase :perplexed). Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying the flexi 8.

Okay? You too? I broke probably the 20th claw clip the other day when I was trying to clip my hair up out of the way. I am so glad I never pay more than a few bucks for my hair accessories. My hair is thick and those plastic hinges with those lil springs are gonna make me go broke :perplexed. The flexi8 is pretty sturdy and I love the pin part...I love how it is attached to the clip so you don't have to worry about losing it.

Thank you DLewis! I love your clip in your siggy.

LayneJ

It looks great!

And it's funny I should see this thread, because for the last couple of days I've been looking at Flexi8 clips and stressing over what size, if any, to get. I'm afraid they won't work for my natural hair.

Micarae, do you think they'll work for your natural hair? If so, how will you wear it? I was *hoping* I could use this when I wear my hair up, but I don't wanna break it. :ohwell:

ricochet

Micarae, do you think they'll work for your natural hair? If so, how will you wear it? I was *hoping* I could use this when I wear my hair up, but I don't wanna break it. :ohwell:

Thanks lady! You know, I don't know how it will work on my natural hair yet, as I haven't tried it. My hair is straight right now so of course the bulk is taken out. I do plan on wearing it over my bun as Dlewis does, which shouldn't be a problem at all...but from a rinse/wash n go, right into the flexi8, I don't know. I will let you know!

Misseyl

Love my Flexi8 clips.. I have 3... I always look around when I wear mine because I figure if I see somone wearing one then they must be a LHCF member because a lot of us are buying them..

d-rock

Where are you guys getting these flexi8 clips and all the other cool hair clips/decorations/scarfs from?!?!?