I LOVE MY HAIR!!

brownsugarflyygirl

Not because of some miracle product or some amazing style that came out....but because you ladies have taught me to do so! I believe in giving credit where credit is due...so I just wanted to share.

Before I came here I was sooo frustrated with my hair and although I didnt really want to admit I really hated my 4a/b texture...my dad is mixed and both of my little sisters have waistlength flowing 3b/3c hair...I always resented the fact that I had gotten the afro texture....it didnt help that my mom's side of the family (which is where I got my hair from) always talked about how thick and nappy my hair was as a child...and how my mom should put a relaxer in it...which she eventually did when I was 12...and for years I had nice shoulder length flowing and going relaxed hair...but inside I still wished my natural texture was different.

Well..now I am transitioning...and I have fallen in love with my tight cute little spiral curls...they are soo amazing to me..I love playing with each hair that sheds...feeling my hair after a fresh poo...and trying new styles even if they dont come out right :eek: ...lol... But seriously, you ladies have taught me how to CARE for hair and thus I know that it was just ignorance all of these years and not something that was wrong with my texture....This has been such an amazing journey for me...I never thought that transitioning would teach me to love my hair...I just wanted to get more length like I had before my perm....Now, I cant wait until I BC so I can set my naps free...and although I want length...it has become far less important.

But I just wanted to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all you ladies...because regardless of the hair texture that you all have, you have taught me to love MINE and to work WITH and not against my hair. I dont have progress pics that show amazing length...or fly hairstyles that make you go ooh...but I have a change of heart and mind that is more valuable to me than any of those things...because for the first time in my life I can say that I LOVE MY HAIR and really mean it. Thanks ladies :kiss:

ravenmerlita

I understand just what you mean. It made me feel good to read your story. Congrats on falling in love with your hair!

chajen32

This site has taught me to love my hair also. It has been a God-send! I recommend this forum to people all the time...especially after they see how well my natural hair doing.

wadadligyal

I've also grown to love and appreciate my hair also to the point that I'm obsessed with it!!!!! Hey what can I say LHCF has taught me about hair obsession

Cheleigh

Really beautiful story! Thanks for sharing--you probably just helped someone ELSE in their hair journey! :)

BTW: I love feeling my tight coils and curls too--they are endlessly fascinating.

angellazette

Congrats! It's such a wonderful feeling!

I just took some naked hair photos...no product at all...and I'm loving it!

SoAnxious12

Wow! I'm really happy for you! It's nice to know that you feel so comfortable with your hair. That's one of the most realest and sweetest posts i've seen in a while.

brownsugarflyygirl

Thank you so much for your responses ladies....I think that the truth is liberating and empowering so I didnt want to keep my feelings to myself. I am glad that you all appreciated my hairstory :)