I love the lord, but I have doubts-- I need Advice

leona2025

Ok ya'll I was never really raised in church although my family was all about God. I learned about Jesus from an early age and my great grandmother and grandfather were Evangelists. When I was about 19 I started to seek the lord for myself and I was going to church, reading my bible, and I repented and was baptized, but as I got older I let the world slip in and I stopped seeking the lord.
I'm 26 now and I'm trying to get back on the right path. I know in my heart that I feel Jesus down in my soul everyday. I have been making him first in every decision and situation I face. When I wake up in the morning all I want to do is be in pray with the lord. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I use that time to be in pray with the lord. I feel his spirit moving through me even as I type.
The problem is I have been dealing with doubts. How do you know in your heart when you have reached the point where you can say you know that you are saved and you have place in heaven? Also I have never spoke in tongues and it troubled me because didn't the bible say that the proof? And if I didn't does that mean that I would go to hell?
My uncle has told me, because this doubt worries my soul, that this just a trick of the devil to cause confusion. I look at my aunt and she has this goodness about her and I feel like I can never be her. My mom told me that I don't have to be anyone but my self and god will still save me. She said just like you see ants and they all have their jobs that god has a job for me too.
It's just that it's so hard for to accept that my unworthy self can be saved. I know everyday that you live you sin, but I don't drink, I'm married and I don't curse or anything like that. I don't have a major problem that I'm dealing with it's just that I don't think I can be a good christian and I believe that I might shame the lord.
I'm starting back to going to church tomorrow, but I need to read the bible for myself. How do you get start reading the bible. I use to just open it up and read a few versus, but I need to read with a purpose

1god1

Well....I used to not like reading the Bible. If you get a commentary and/or a Bible (as a companion to your regular Bible) this will help. The commentary can be something like background history on the books of the Bible/Bible Stories. The Bible should be a Bible that has a lot of references and background on each book. After you pick a chapter/verse to read....or Book of the Bible to Study, do a little research/reading on what was going on...the history behind what you are going to read. This will help a lot...it will give you a purpose. It is a little time consuming to go back and forth between the books, but it makes it so interesting. This is espcially so when you read the history behind the book...a synopsis of what was going on. This helped in the Old T....cuz I always thought the OT was sooo boring.

Read the Bible for yourself....as you stated. Also remember, there are a lot of people who don't believe in God who are good people...don't cuss, drink, etc. You can't save yourself.....At least you are conscious that you need him and to me that is a huge step. Ask us, but you go to HIM and you ask HIM.

topsyturvy86

Ok ya'll I was never really raised in church although my family was all about God. I learned about Jesus from an early age and my great grandmother and grandfather were Evangelists. When I was about 19 I started to seek the lord for myself and I was going to church, reading my bible, and I repented and was baptized, but as I got older I let the world slip in and I stopped seeking the lord.
I'm 26 now and I'm trying to get back on the right path. I know in my heart that I feel Jesus down in my soul everyday. I have been making him first in every decision and situation I face. When I wake up in the morning all I want to do is be in pray with the lord. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I use that time to be in pray with the lord. I feel his spirit moving through me even as I type.
The problem is I have been dealing with doubts. How do you know in your heart when you have reached the point where you can say you know that you are saved and you have place in heaven?

Also I have never spoke in tongues and it troubled me because didn't the bible say that the proof? And if I didn't does that mean that I would go to hell?
My uncle has told me, because this doubt worries my soul, that this just a trick of the devil to cause confusion. I look at my aunt and she has this goodness about her and I feel like I can never be her. My mom told me that I don't have to be anyone but my self and god will still save me. She said just like you see ants and they all have their jobs that god has a job for me too.
It's just that it's so hard for to accept that my unworthy self can be saved. I know everyday that you live you sin, but I don't drink, I'm married and I don't curse or anything like that. I don't have a major problem that I'm dealing with it's just that I don't think I can be a good christian and I believe that I might shame the lord.
I'm starting back to going to church tomorrow, but I need to read the bible for myself. How do you get start reading the bible. I use to just open it up and read a few versus, but I need to read with a purpose

You know in your heart you have reached the point where you can say you know you are saved and have a place in heaven when you believe in Jesus in your heart and accept him as your personal Lord and saviour. John 3:16 says For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. You have to believe it and have faith girl. For without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). You do not have to do anything extraordinary such as speaking in tongues to be saved ... the bible says in Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is a gift of God; (9) not of works, lest anyone should boast. The doubts you're having are tricks from the devil, your uncle's right.

Speaking in tongues in itself is a gift and it will come as you seek the Lord (I hope to be able to speak in tongues soon too).

Non of us are worthy ... that's why what Jesus did for us on the cross is so AMAZING! He paid the price of all of our sins and so we can now come before God and have a relationship with him. All you need do is repent of your sins and voila! I don't think you know how much God loves you!

About reading the bible, I suggest one of them bible guides/daily devotions. Try joining a cell group at your Church, and also get a good study bible. The more you seek, the more he would reveal himself to you.

p.s. I read something a while ago that touched my soul about how much God loves me just the way I am ... The reality of his love wiped away my doubts. I posted it in the blog section y/day but i'll re-post here as I think you should read it.

Last edited:

topsyturvy86

Post taken from blog section that I think you should read:

My Child

You might not know me, but I know everything about you (Psalm 139:1). I know when you sit down and when you rise up (Psalm 139:2). I am familiar with all your ways (Psalm 139:3).Even the hairs on your head are numbered (Matthew 10:29 – 31).For you were made in my image (Genesis 1:27). In me you live and move and have your being (Acts 17:28). For you are my offspring (Acts 17:28). I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1: 4-5). I chose you when I planned creation (Ephesians 1: 11-12). You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book (Psalm 139: 15 -16). I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17: 26). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139: 14). I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). And brought you forth on the day you were born (Psalm 71:6). I have been misrepresented by those who don’t know me (John 8: 41 – 44). I am not distant or angry, but am the complex expression of love (1 John 4:16). And it is my desire to lavish my love on you (1 John 3:1). Simply because you are my child and I am your father (1 John 3:1). I offer you more than your earthly father could (Matthew 7:11). For I am the perfect father (Matthew 5:18). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand (James 1:17). For I am your provider and I meet all your needs (Matthew 6:31 – 33).

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope (1 Jeremiah 29:11). Because I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). My thoughts towards you are countless like the sand on the seashore (Psalms 139:17 -18). And I rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). I will never stop doing good to you (Jeremiah 32:40). For you are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5). I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul (Jeremiah 32:41). And I want to show you great and marvellous things (Jeremiah 33:3). If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me (Deuteronomy 4:29). Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4). For it is I who gave you those desires (Philippians 2:13). I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine (Ephesians 3:20). For I am your greatest encourager (2 Thessalonians 2:16 -17). I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles (2 Corinthians 1: 3 -4). When you are broken hearted, I am close to you (Psalm 34:18). As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart (Isaiah 40:11). One day I will wipe every tear from your eye (Revelation 21:3 -4) And I’ll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth (Revelation 21:3-4).

I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus (John 17:23). For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed (John 17:26). He is the exact representation of my being (Hebrews 1:3). He came to demonstrate that I am for you and not against you (Romans 8:31). And to tell you that I am not counting your sins (2 Corinthians 5:18 -19). Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled (2 Corinthians 5: 18 -19). His death was the ultimate expression of my love (1 John 4:10). I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love (Romans 8:31-32). If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me (1 John 2:23) And nothing will ever separate you from my love again (Romans 8:38-39). Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen (Luke 15:7). I have always been Father, and I will always be Father (Ephesians 2: 14-15).

My question is ... will you be my child? (John 1:12-13). I am waiting for you (Luke 15:11-32)

leona2025

Post taken from blog section that I think you should read:

My Child

You might not know me, but I know everything about you (Psalm 139:1). I know when you sit down and when you rise up (Psalm 139:2). I am familiar with all your ways (Psalm 139:3).Even the hairs on your head are numbered (Matthew 10:29 – 31).For you were made in my image (Genesis 1:27). In me you live and move and have your being (Acts 17:28). For you are my offspring (Acts 17:28). I knew you even before you were conceived (Jeremiah 1: 4-5). I chose you when I planned creation (Ephesians 1: 11-12). You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book (Psalm 139: 15 -16). I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live (Acts 17: 26). You are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139: 14). I knit you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). And brought you forth on the day you were born (Psalm 71:6). I have been misrepresented by those who don’t know me (John 8: 41 – 44). I am not distant or angry, but am the complex expression of love (1 John 4:16). And it is my desire to lavish my love on you (1 John 3:1). Simply because you are my child and I am your father (1 John 3:1). I offer you more than your earthly father could (Matthew 7:11). For I am the perfect father (Matthew 5:18). Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand (James 1:17). For I am your provider and I meet all your needs (Matthew 6:31 – 33).

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope (1 Jeremiah 29:11). Because I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3). My thoughts towards you are countless like the sand on the seashore (Psalms 139:17 -18). And I rejoice over you with singing (Zephaniah 3:17). I will never stop doing good to you (Jeremiah 32:40). For you are my treasured possession (Exodus 19:5). I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul (Jeremiah 32:41). And I want to show you great and marvellous things (Jeremiah 33:3). If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me (Deuteronomy 4:29). Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37:4). For it is I who gave you those desires (Philippians 2:13). I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine (Ephesians 3:20). For I am your greatest encourager (2 Thessalonians 2:16 -17). I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles (2 Corinthians 1: 3 -4). When you are broken hearted, I am close to you (Psalm 34:18). As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart (Isaiah 40:11). One day I will wipe every tear from your eye (Revelation 21:3 -4) And I’ll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth (Revelation 21:3-4).

I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus (John 17:23). For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed (John 17:26). He is the exact representation of my being (Hebrews 1:3). He came to demonstrate that I am for you and not against you (Romans 8:31). And to tell you that I am not counting your sins (2 Corinthians 5:18 -19). Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled (2 Corinthians 5: 18 -19). His death was the ultimate expression of my love (1 John 4:10). I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love (Romans 8:31-32). If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me (1 John 2:23) And nothing will ever separate you from my love again (Romans 8:38-39). Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen (Luke 15:7). I have always been Father, and I will always be Father (Ephesians 2: 14-15).

My question is ... will you be my child? (John 1:12-13). I am waiting for you (Luke 15:11-32)

Thank you so much for this. I will print it out so I can read it often. I thank you for the advice also.

HWAY

I agree with your uncle and your mom. Our Father never compares us with another person.
Ask the Holy Spirit for faith and read the bible daily.

Ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct your life and give you peace.