I love you guys!! This is just a suggestion for the boards, though! I still love you!

ellebelle88

Ok guys, I'm new as a paid member here but I've been reading the boards for over a year. Since I just entered college and had some extra funds I got a subscription here so I could read more of the topics and really start to take care of my hair like I'm supposed to.

And believe me when I say this: THIS BOARD IS GREAT! It has put me on to haircare products and straighteners that I would never have imagined existed! I thought that if you weren't born with great hair, there would never be any way to emulate it, boy did this board teach me that I was wrong!

However, while the information is superb I find the information kind of hard to come by. I really do suggest breaking down the Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion into more sections on the boards. Sections such as FlatIroning Techniques, Product Review, Bad Product Experience, etc. It would make the information so much easier to find and also guide people. Of course there is the search feature...but I'm sure you guys get the point.

Why don't you all leave your suggestions for the sections we could break the Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion into? Just to see where it goes.

Please don't get mad at me for making this suggestion. I know I'm a fairly new forum member here and may not be aware of how things are run here, but I am a forum addict and I'm a member at many forums/boards and the ease with which to navigate the forum makes the experience better. However, I know many of their members become offensive and ask you to leave if you don't like something. Even if you don't change the board situation, I'd still love you guys just the same. I'm not trying to cause any trouble you guys are like my (hair) sisters since we're sharing the same problem!!

So if you agree, leave your suggestions for the sections to break the board into. Maybe the moderator/owner will agree, also. Just making a suggestion so I would love to hear your thoughts on this!

Take care. ~ljbee

ellebelle88

&&& I'll go first. Here are my suggestions and why. You follow suit.

1. Bad/Good Product Experiences - Just to warn others about how the product and is and if someone has a similar or different experience than yours then they can counter your argument in your thread. We can also include a sticky in there about the staples that many people usually use here such as Mango Butter, etc.

2. Flat Iron Techniques - Ways to flat iron your hair to achieve various results or we could even change the name to just Flat Irons and discuss information about the beste and worst flat irons.

3. Product Review - Wanna review a product that everyone is curious about? Do it here!

When I think of more I'll post them.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I've seen that method done on some other boards, but it seemed like too much to me. I didn't know where to go for all of my questions. I prefer this because everything is in one place and a search is simple if necessary.
BTW: Welcome!

Divine Inspiration

nubianqt86 said:
I've seen that method done on some other boards, but it seemed like too much to me. I didn't know where to go for all of my questions. I prefer this because everything is in one place and a search is simple if necessary.

I agree with this.

Considering the number of forums we already have, I think it would be a bit much as well. On top of that, for those of us who don't use the new posts feature, it would be a hassle to go into each forum to skim the threads.

I understand and appreciate your point though because I've seen boards where each haircare topic is broken down into a forum, and while it does make for easier searching, especially for a newbie, I think it hinders the collectiveness (is that a word? :lol:) of the board. Here, the naturals/relaxed heads, the blowdriers/airdryers, the 3bs and 4as all mingle, and I actually like it that way. I've learned a lot from all of the ladies here, and I would imagine that some members wouldn't venture off into other sections if the board were broken up that way. We already have members who never come here or never go to OT, etc so I'd think there would be even more of that if we had all of these subsections.

It's a great idea; I'm just not sure how well it fits into the LHCF culture.

MochaSilk

Re: I love you guys!! This is just a suggestion for the boards, though! I still love

nubianqt86 said:

I've seen it as well, and it's a little slice of pandemonium. Out of 3 threads, there were 10 posts saying, "this belongs in so & so topic - not here."

I see how it would be a great idea, but I feel it would be counterproductive here. Plus, so much is covered in hair care tips, it would be impossible not to cross-post (that's what it's called on other boards)...

For example, in one thread about someone experiencing crunchy ends and wanting help could be the result of a bad product, improper use of a flatiron or due to a change in regimen. Where would that thread be posted? Everywhere.

I can go into almost any thread here and learn something new, not necessarily about the topic of the thread. I like how it is here... on the other forums I'm on it's hard to figure out what's a new post or just a cross-post titled differently.

Golong

Re: I love you guys!! This is just a suggestion for the boards, though! I still love

TBEBE,
where can I get a quick weave like that!! I am loving it. do you know the brand and name of the weave?

ellebelle88

Divine Inspiration said:
I agree with this.

Considering the number of forums we already have, I think it would be a bit much as well. On top of that, for those of us who don't use the new posts feature, it would be a hassle to go into each forum to skim the threads.

I understand and appreciate your point though because I've seen boards where each haircare topic is broken down into a forum, and while it does make for easier searching, especially for a newbie, I think it hinders the collectiveness (is that a word? :lol:) of the board. Here, the naturals/relaxed heads, the blowdriers/airdryers, the 3bs and 4as all mingle, and I actually like it that way. I've learned a lot from all of the ladies here, and I would imagine that some members wouldn't venture off into other sections if the board were broken up that way. We already have members who never come here or never go to OT, etc so I'd think there would be even more of that if we had all of these subsections.

That is true, especially the point you make about every intermingling. Maybe the way the board is now is what gives it such a family-like atmosphere. Just a thought because I found that I had to scour the boards sometimes for information that I wanted to find out. But thanks so much for your replies!!

MochaSilk

Golong said:
TBEBE,
where can I get a quick weave like that!! I am loving it. do you know the brand and name of the weave?

Thanks, Golong!!! The quick weave is a 1/2 wig, with combs in front & back. I found one website that has them... I brushed the curls so they were fluffier. :D

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 wig quick weave synthetic EMILY

http://www.extremebeautysupply.com/servlet/the-316/synthetic-1-fdsh-2-wig-quick/Detail
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
nubianqt86 said:
I agree with this. Some other boards do it this way and it is a bit of confusion because a lot of topics get looked over or never answered because everyone tends to gather in one section and seldom go to the others. I like it all together, that way everyone can see all of the topics;) .

Your suggestion is greatly appreciated and welcome to the board!

Proudpiscean

Divine Inspiration said:
I agree with this.

I couldn't agree more!

cicilypayne

welcome aboard newbie:) :) :)

I totally agree with the other ladies the subtopics with the subforums don't really have that big community feel to it to me, but please always feel free to suggest I think it's great to want improvement:) ;) :)

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

TBeBe said:
I've seen it as well, and it's a little slice of pandemonium. Out of 3 threads, there were 10 posts saying, "this belongs in so & so topic - not here."
That's what I've seen as well.

Welcome to the OP!