I made a super jumbo sized soft bonnet...

sweetcocoa

for my dryer. I tested it out with a headful of a little bigger than 'soda can' sized rollers and it works. I actually made it bigger than I needed...but I wanted to be sure. I studied a soft bonnet and basically followed that pattern...even making the little holes in the top for venting. I am so excited. It's not fancy and professional looking(and it's bright yellow...)but it does work and that's what counts for me. I'm going to use it the next time I wet set. Hopefully being able to use larger rollers will help my drying time and give me less curl.

SVT

Resourceful woman! When are you opening your store? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlkMane

Sweetcocoa-

Post a picture of it! I would love to make one too so I can move up to bigger rollers. I can't even use my soft bonnet anymore because my rollers are too big for the bonnet.

tc_333

HOORAY!!!!

I'm so happy for you, Sweetcocoa. As I was using my ge bonnet dryer for my hot oil treatment, I examined the bonnet and wondered how I would design a larger bonnet for larger rollers.

Let us know how it works out! -T

sweetcocoa

I need to make a heavier one. This is my 'proto-type'. I'm looking for some different material. This was lightweight and works...but I feel a heavier vinyl type will be better. I really wanted to see if Icould do it and now that I know I can, I'm ready to move on to more expensive material. I'll post my directions for those who sew when I finish the 2nd one.

iris

Go ahead Martha Stewart! Sweetcocoa, you are very creative. Please do post your final product. I'm dying to see it!
Question: I was wondering could you recommend a soft bonnet that could circulate heat all around the head?. Currently, I'm using Gold n Hots heating cap <font color="red">but</font color> it is not giving me the heat-circulation I need for deep-conditioning and dying my hair /images/graemlins/frown.gif. The top of my head gets heat, but the sides and the back are a different story. I have to press the sides and back of the cap just to get heat! I don't think I'm supposed to be doing this. What would you recommend? Thanks alot.

Iris