I May Never Buy Shampoo Again...tried Tracee's Shampoo Recipe

Chevelure618

I got a 8 oz applicator bottle and did 1 oz EVOO, 1oz. Castille Soap and the rest water. Shook it up. I doubted the whole thing because I didn't think it would give me enough suds and because I've tried straight castille soap and it left my hair a little gummy. But this was great. It left my hair super moisturized....not stripped at all. Moist.

I air-dried and when it was half dry put on some Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer. When that was dry I put on some Shima Oil and my hair was soooo soft.

Today before work I lightly on low heat and low blast blow dried. (I NEVER blow dry from wet to dry), did my protective style and my hair is just so soft.

Just thought I'd share.

Platinum

Sounds good. I might try adding a lot EVOO to my Dr Bronners to see if that helps with the gummy feeling. Thanks for sharing!

Chevelure618

Oh, thanks for sharing. BTW, you own Shima Oil, I thought it was a joke. Does it work well?

It is a very nice oil...VERY light. If you are used to heavy oils you may be disappointed, but in addition to my staple heavy oils (coconut and castor) I wanted something lighter. It is quite expensive for the size bottle, but I love the smell and it leaves a very high sheen.

Chevelure618

Sounds good. I might try adding a lot EVOO to my Dr Bronners to see if that helps with the gummy feeling. Thanks for sharing!

I would try adding more water and if your hair has a lot of product buildup, I'd try and remove it first. I think for me the home-made shampoo is a "one lather" shampoo. I am so happy for this.

THANKS TRACEE

tgrowe

I make and use a shampoo recipe similar to this as well. I got my idea from Lucky'sMom and her moisturizing shampoo recipe. I use castile soap, Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil, a tablespoon of moisturizing conditioner and distilled water. It works well for my daughter's natural hair and my relaxed hair.