I need a wig! But I hate the wig look

Rain20

Please do not waste ur money on Miss Wigs or Platinum Wigs. They look nice for about 4-6 weeks and fall apart.

sunnyd

I got my wig today from mywigsandweaves. I'm not pleased with it-it doesn't look like the picture. The ends are stick straight and in the picture they're wavy: http://www.mywigsandweaves.com/Synthetic-Lace-Wig-p/liselotte-synthetic-lace-wig.htm

I tried calling, got a voicemail message and left a message. I tried their online chat and even though they said they were online I have gotten no response to my message. I ordered on 3/12 so it took almost two weeks. I'm going to have to make it work I guess. I'm not interested in waiting another two weeks for a synthetic wig, but my experience means I definitely won't be buying my full lace human hair wig from this site.:ohwell:

Attachments

• IMG_20130325_200541.jpg
    IMG_20130325_200541.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20130325_200531.jpg
    IMG_20130325_200531.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 55

ezina

Maaaan, when I went to quote this message I had the website on the tip of my tongue. LOL! I'll be back after my brain fart. :(

ETA: RPGShow.com

pre_medicalrulz

If you don't mind divulging, which wig from rpgshow did you purchase? And in your opinion, do you think silky is doable for someone who is transitioning and has 4a hair (my edges may be looser)? How is their yaki? Is their silky too "silky"?

I'm thinking of purchasing a wig from rpgshow (This one in particular --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6qXZwpavc), but it's so scary taking the plunge on something so expensive, especially if you've never worn wigs/weaves! But I look at your progress and I feel inspired to take the next step. :yep:.

SeeLexus

Half wigs and u part wigs look very natural. My favorite place to purchase eloquenthair.com .takes 3 weeks to receive them but so worth it.

thatscuteright

Half wigs and u part wigs look very natural. My favorite place to purchase eloquenthair.com .takes 3 weeks to receive them but so worth it.

SeeLexus

What wig did you order and what was your experience ?
How long did the wig last and what was the quality of the texture of the wig that you ordered?

TheNDofUO

I ordered gsw127
Chinese yaki in 2 18 inches.
Lasted 4 months with everyday use (and I am usually terribly at looking after extensions)
I've found (online) their curly ones drop once washed but their kinky ones keep the curl.

LadyPBC

pre_medicalrulz - I had the worst experience when I bought a full lace wig from RPGshow (over $350 and custom made) - it was pretty out of the package but it became stiff, dry, tangly and shed - all this in about two weeks. I tried washing it, conditioning it, and rollersetting. It totally looked like a bird's nest atop my head. I was so disappointed and shared my concerns along the way with the company - they did not share my pain. Expensive lesson and I will never do business with them EVER again.

@pre_medicalrulz

If you don't mind divulging, which wig from rpgshow did you purchase? And in your opinion, do you think silky is doable for someone who is transitioning and has 4a hair (my edges may be looser)? How is their yaki? Is their silky too "silky"?

I'm thinking of purchasing a wig from rpgshow (This one in particular --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6qXZwpavc), but it's so scary taking the plunge on something so expensive, especially if you've never worn wigs/weaves! But I look at your progress and I feel inspired to take the next step. :yep:.

CurliDiva

Please remember that most of those U tubers are being sent these wigs for FREE (......now, if I owed a wig company, I would send "my" reviewer the best of the best wig) to review, and notice that many do not wear that same hair long enough to honestly tell how the hair/style will behaves with wear.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
pre_medicalrulz

LOL Thanks!
I had my wig for almost 2 years now. It was the full wig w/ bangs. I think its only one kind if I'm not mistaken. Haven't been on the site in awhile.
I suck at texture identification. :(
I don't think I purchased the silky but I still have the box so will check when I get home.

LadyPBC REALLY? That's crazy. I know this may sound nasty (hehe) but I haven't washed my wig yet & its been almost 2 years. LOL It still looks fine to me. ;)

Last edited:

LadyPBC

wow :blush: pre_medicalrulz - haven't washed it yet? just wow :lachen:

LOL Thanks!
I had my wig for almost 2 years now. It was the full wig w/ bangs. I think its only one kind if I'm not mistaken. Haven't been on the site in awhile.
I suck at texture identification. :(
I don't think I purchased the silky but I still have the box so will check when I get home.

@LadyPBC REALLY? That's crazy. I know this may sound nasty (hehe) but I haven't washed my wig yet & its been almost 2 years. LOL It still looks fine to me. ;)

SeeLexus

SeeLexus

What wig did you order and what was your experience ?
How long did the wig last and what was the quality of the texture of the wig that you ordered?

This is the indian Remy Deep Wave 20 inch. They last me about 6 months. and honestly i don't do much to it...and it looks more natural when i don't. People come up to me asking what did I use for my braid outs...and i tell them sorry this is actually a wig. I am sure you could probably stretch it out to a year...if you are good about taking care of it. Minimum shedding...No complaints at all.

Attachments

• vegas vegas.jpg
    vegas vegas.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 88

BadMamaJama

I've been looking at wigs too. I want a full wig with bangs so I was looking at the RPG show wig that all the gurus have. I put all my options in and that bad boy was $405! I was going to splurge and spend $300 but $400? I just can't!

Platinum wigs has a wig with bangs for about $180. Anyone try them?