i need help with my 2a (?) hair

msyoung216

Hey ladies! :grin:

im brand new to this forum and after a period of lurking i finally decided to join because.....

I NEED HELP!!!!

my last relaxer was october06 and since then i've gotten my hair cut several times by different stylists and i never liked a single cut. i think thats when i decided i would take matters in to my own hands. *sigh*
my hair is a victim of constant flat iron and blow drying abuse and my ends looked a mess! my split ends, had split ends!! it was horrible.

since ive joined the forum, i've quit using my flat iron and my blow dryer and ive noticed that my hair is getting THICKER and THICKER. some of my hair seems to be 2a but other sections are a lot straighter. right now i need help with protective styles ASAP! lol i tried the bun thing for a week but i got so tired of it and i dont think my SO likes it either. ive also tried braiding my hair but it always unbraids itself when i get done and i dont know what to put on the ends to keep it braided. :wallbash:

i know, i know, i know, im a sad case, but thats why im turning over to you ladies. please help!

stelladata

Hi :)
welcome to the board. I am sorry to hear about your split end issues. I really think that if you want to determine your hair type you might have to wait a bit longer? I am not sure how the other ladies on this board figured out their hair types but for me it took a big chop since my hair with permed ends looks nothing like when it's all completely natural, the curls are much tighter.

I think protective styles I done for growth retention so when you are doing PS you should really look on the bright side. Get a fotki or blog and keep yourself updated on your hair's length and progress and your routines and regimes so you can look at what you like or don't like. Give buns another chance ;) the results after a few weeks or months will surprise you ^^

luvn_life

Welcome!!!

Well as far as protective styles, I hate buns too. So I do braidouts mostly. I braidout and then pin my hair up in a daily updo thingy. But I just started letting my braidout hang down again and it looks nice. You can also try a half wig so you can braid your hair and give it a rest.

Hops this helps somewhat...

dachsies_rule!

When i do a braidout i roll the ends up (1-2 rolls) with a satin roller. It keeps the braid from unraveling and when i take it out i also have curly ends instead of stick-straight.

msyoung216

thanks so much for your advice. Im not sure why i never thought of rolling the ends of my hair when i braid it and i think i will definitely give the bun another shot. A fotki doesnt sound like a bad idea either so it sounds like ive got a lot of work to do.