I NEED HELP!

Elfuturoesmío

I've had hair problems ever since my mom switched me to a perm to a press.Ever since then my hair has been healthy and good but then it sometimes becomes unhealthy and bad.I've been wearing half wigs since October.I'm not sure what to do with my hair I want it to be healthy and long. Also I'm going to college in a few months!

msa

Welcome!

I would start here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=255441

The newcomer's guide to starting out is especially helpful, and so are the other threads. Hopefully, they'll help you diagnose whatever problems you're having right now and give you an idea of how to move forward.

If you have specific questions I suggest using the search function, you'll usually get answers much faster that way (and you'll get more of them). For now, you should post in this thread your current hair status (relaxed or natural, short or long, etc.), regimen, the products you use, and the hairstyles you usually wear. That way others will be able to provide more detailed information.

Just a tip about half wigs...I always remove the combs and use the large bobby pins to pin them on because the combs can cause a lot of breakage. I don't wear a cap under but I do moisturize every single day. I also just wear a headband in the front instead of leaving hair out and trying to make it match the wig. The 2008 wig challenge thread has a lot of useful information about wigs (it's in the earlier link...in the 2008 challenges thread). They are a great protective style if used properly.

Hope this helps!