I need to TESTIFY....

determine3

I don't know where to start. I just got married last Sunday and my husband and I went to Niagra Falls. During our stay there we did so many exciting things such as visiting museums, going to shows, going for long walks which included finding a trail. Long story short, we have three children and decided since they have never been on a vacation before we should end off our honeymoon by getting them for a one night stay over at Niagra. During the first day, we decided to go on a "hiking" trip on this trail we found. We each took our time going down the hill but my 7 year old daughter is so brave and decided to go straight down. Next thing you know, I saw my 7 year old running down and at the end of the trail was a cliff. (y'all, i'm crying as I write this because this is one of the scaries things that has ever happened to me).. I called at her name and shouted to my husband because she was going to go over and plumment to the ground. God heard me call out her name and somehow she managed to grab a very small piece of shrub or something and spin herself around and pull herself up. She would have gone over everyone. God is good. I can't get over this. I asked her if she was afraid and she said yes.... I don't know what else to say but I know I better share this testimony. I forgot to mention I did say a prayer before we went on our journey asking God to take care of my family. I look at her over and over again and i'm so mad at myself for being careless with my children but so thankful that God was there for her and us.

God is good!!!

Catina72

Wow! Thank goodness she is alright. Congratulations on your marriage also!! God is good thank you for sharing this with us.:)

determine3

Thanks for the congrats and yes, thank goodness she is alright. God has always been there for me through hardships that seem (now) so MINOR compared to taking care of my daugther. I am so thankful and blessed.

Synthia

I'm so glad she's alive. Tears came to my eyes as I read this. I can't imagine the sheer horror of seeing your daughter running unknowingly toward a cliff.

Divine intervention is awesome. :rosebud:

determine3

I'm so glad she's alive. Tears came to my eyes as I read this. I can't imagine the sheer horror of seeing your daughter running unknowingly toward a cliff.
thank you for understanding. Everytime I think about it I get tearied eyed. Everyone has gotten over this but me... even my daughter.
God is truly an on time God and he will never fail us, not once.
I love this statement.. honestly, I thought I would be coming back to tell everyone how I managed to pull off a wedding on a very small budget. Everything worked out because I asked God for help. I guess what i'm trying to say to everyone is nothing is impossible with God. My life needs to change...has been changing. I'm married now so my family union feels stronger (he is the father of all three of my children) and I really want to live life to the fullest. I also need to pay more attention to my children and lead by example. Thanks everyone for listening and understanding.

poetist

determine3 said:
honestly, I thought I would be coming back to tell everyone how I managed to pull off a wedding on a very small budget.

WOW!!! That is a really scary story, with a blessed outcome. But like you said above, sometimes we think our testimony will be one thing (your beautiful marriage on a budget:) .) But God says, look, I can do more than provide a nice, festive occassion on a small budget. I can save your daughter, your husband, or yourself from a fatal, unforeseen accident, with just the blink of an eye.

I guess it puts everything in perspective.

God bless you and your family.

determine3

But God says, look, I can do more than provide a nice, festive occassion on a small budget. I can save your daughter, your husband, or yourself from a fatal, unforeseen accident, with just the blink of an eye.

I guess it puts everything in perspective.

God bless you and your family.

Very true. I feel so much better today. You ladies always come through!

crlsweetie912

I'm way late, but that was such a beautiful and uplifting story! I just need to write that your story was exactly what I needed to hear today. Makes me realize what's really important! :)

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Determine3, what a powerful testimony! God is so faithful to His word and His love for us.

In Psalm 16, He says, "Thou maintaineth my lot"... (He guards all that is mine.). I prayed this over my babies every single day.

Determine3, my son (grown) was working on a scafflle (sp?) one day. I was in church during a Camp Meeting service at the time. He fell off the scaffle, and while he was in the air, he felt his body scooting in the air, and instead of hitting the pavement, he fell into a swimming pool of water under where they were working. All happening at a time when I was in church praising God.

Our children will be children...so innocent. But God is so faithful to His word...He truly guards all that is ours.

I am so happy for you...so very happy.

Loving blessings to you and you family always....;) And Psalm 16 ;)