I pstd. in wrong area -Sengschick, Curly,Sherry

xandra

Sorry, I accidentally posted in the announcements area. (Too excited)

Anyway, here is my post:

Thanks to Sengschick and Curlycrly for your PMs! They were VERY helpful regarding texturizing and Phytorelaxer. Sherrylove, I permed my sister's hair this past weekend with Phyto index 2. She has been the one e-mailing you about it for her perm this past Saturday! All I can say is OMG! Her hair turned out beautifully! Her hair still stretches with tensile strength and doesn't pop. She was all natural to start and the perm took incredibly well. I would say to anyone that it is worth it to have 2 people working on your hair at once. We parted it down the middle and me and my other sister each took one side. We timed it and her hair straightened w/in 7 minutes. We hurried up and got her to the bowl to rinse and neutralize, so as to keep the time her hair had the chemicals in it to a bare miniumum. We shampooed several times and let the neutralizer stay in her hair under a showercap until it was white, no more pink. This was a very helpful exercise for me because I want a texturized look, not as straight as my sister wanted her hair (we are all 3c/4a), so I am going to order the index 1 for what I want to do. Anyway, just another "nod" to phytorelaxer. This is going to be the only perm we will be using. Her hair is bouncy when she moves and has a luster to it that indicates "healthy". Anyone out there searching for a perm that won't leave that "crunchy" feeling around the hairline and does not strip down your hair, this is highly recommended. I wish I had received a bit more responses about my texturizing questions, but I guess I will try and figure that out. Anyway, big ups to phyto and what help I could get so far. My sister has definitely got "swing" and bounce to her hair. We're very pleased!

Dolce_Dawn

[ QUOTE ]
xandra said:
Anyone out there searching for a perm that won't leave that "crunchy" feeling around the hairline and does not strip down your hair, this is highly recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that crunchy feeling anyway? Is that when your baby hair burns off? Does anyone know?

sengschick

The Bun Master
You're very, very welcome Xandra!! I'm happy it worked well.
I hope you are just as happy w/yours as your sister is with hers. Phyto makes really wonderful products. I'm wondering what my hair will look like straightened, it sounds like I have good things to look forward to.
If you have any other texturizing questions let me know.

Tai

Sengchick,
I see you're in MI, too. Where do you get your Phytorelaxer? I saw a link to Sephora on phyto's website. Can you find it there?
TIA

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
Sengchick,
I see you're in MI, too. Where do you get your Phytorelaxer? I saw a link to Sephora on phyto's website. Can you find it there?
TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I found a stylist here that uses only Phyto products. She texturized my hair, but she's also a distributor and would probably sell the product to you. If you'd like her info feel free to PM me. You can order it from Sephora and Neiman's too I believe, unfortunately they don't sell it in the local locations. I think Beauty.com sells the PhytoSpecific Relaxer as well.

xandra

Tai-

I got the phytorelaxer from beautysak.com for $48.00. I received free fedex 3 day ground shipping because I bought the vital force conditioner and the styling balm. I believe it is free shipping with a purchase of 75 dollars or more.

xandra

Dolce Dawn-

That crunchy "burned" feeling, I believe is as you describe. Baby hair having been fried. I always hated that right after a perm. Not the case w/Phyto.

SherryLove

I am so pleased you and your sis liked the phytorelaxer so far. I am so happy it turned out ok.......I so anxious to see your sis' e-mail response.....ALRIGHT......