I really miss worship!

inthepink

Because of some things that occurred last year, I began to question a lot of things about the church I had been attending...a megachurch with awesome contemporary Christian music. However, sermons were very topical so I didn't feel as though as I was being fed - as well, there were no bible studies to meet people which again made me feel as if the pastor did not care if his congregation was fed. Very seeker-friendly where I am looking to grow in my faith with stronger Christian teaching. There are a few other things but I won't go into that.

I have been trying out other churches but while I've found a little bit of better teaching, the worship leaves something to be desired. And I really miss it.

The last 3-4 weeks I have not been to church at all. I do attend a BSF class regularly every week and I am learning so much there but I know I can't replace that as church and even still, no worship! Well, we do worship but we sing hymns from the hymnal with a piano. I like Christian Rock/Pop music when worshipping.

Why is it so hard to find a good church -- for you? I just don't know what to do and wanted to share.

oglorious1

Mixologist
Pray and seek God's guidance on finding a new church home, it could take a while, and church's are not perfect, just weigh the pros and cons, and see what you can live with and what you can't live without...

BeautifulFlower

All I can say is keep looking. You have to be in a church where you can submit to the authority of your pastor. If you cant, its not a good fit.

If you're in MD/DC/VA, I highly recommend First Baptist Church of Glenarden.