I relaxed it!

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by Premierepearl08, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Premierepearl08

Premierepearl08 New Member

After deliberating and bugging some of you to death asking for advice, I decided to relax my hair after being natural for 5 years. Last year I had a one-time affair with an underprocessed texturizer, but since it didn't really change my hair much I don't include that. I went to get it done professionally yesterday. The stylist used Nairobi Sensitive Scalp No-Lye Relaxer that she left on for about 25 minutes and then doobie-wrapped it.

I could hardly wait to share my news! My fotki album has been updated. I had my brother take some pictures with his camera phone so they are somewhat grainy, but they will do for now. My next question is (ya'll knew that I was going to have a question, didn't you?? /images/graemlins/grin.gif ) what should I do for moisture. I had lye relaxers before, which always left my hair feeling silky. My hair feels a bit dry...is it me not being used to texture maybe, or the effect of using a no-lye relaxer? By the way, I am pregnant and cannot use certain oils, such a rosemary. One more quick question /images/graemlins/smirk.gif : how do I change my avatar, I keep getting error messages when I want to link to a photo on my fotki site.

2. Tene

Tene New Member

Your hair looks beautiful

3. Angelicus

Angelicus Well-Known Member

hey /images/graemlins/wave.gif I like your hair and I must say you are very pretty! Everyone on the board is just gorgeous!

4. dreemssold

dreemssold New Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy /images/graemlins/smile.gif!! Your hair looks beautiful /images/graemlins/up.gif! My favorite moisturizer is ORS Carrot Oil--although I know that many dislike the smell, I love it; however, I am not sure whether it's pregnancy-safe or not, though. HTH.

5. inthepink

inthepink New Member

Your hair looks great!

6. Peachtree

Peachtree New Member

Ur hair is very pretty!

7. PretteePlease

PretteePlease X-Men Storm Lightning in my hands

looks nice in layers

8. Premierepearl08

Premierepearl08 New Member

Thanks for the compliments, you guys! Re: the layers, my hair grows in layers so the stylist trimmed them yesterday. yes, no cutting a real "trim"! I was very impressed with the stylist's ability to do what I asked. Dreemssold, thanks for the moisturizer info! I don't mind the smell of carrot oil at all. I was told that ORS makes some great products but I have never tried them before. Blaxal, I know what you mean about creams. I want a nice, light moisturizer because anything else will make my hair greasy and weigh it down. ((hugs)) to you all, thanks again for the compliments! My next goal is to grow out these layers...

9. Poohbear

Poohbear FearfullyWonderfullyMade

I use Elasta QP Recovery Oil moisturizer

And about your avatar pic, I also had trouble linking pics from my fotki album. It would appear and disappear. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif I think you have to be a paid fotki member in order to link pics from fotki.
    I just uploaded the pic I wanted for my avatar on my old picturetrail album and then linked it to my avatar. This sucks! /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

10. DangerouslyShy

DangerouslyShy New Member

looks so pretty! are you happy with your decision or are you missing your natural hair

11. Ronda123

Ronda123 Member

Very pretty!

12. lovelymissyoli

lovelymissyoli New Member

Very pretty!! It seems to matter what you decide to do to your hair (relaxed or natural) it still looks good!! Keep up the good growth! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

13. RachelL

RachelL New Member

Your hair is very pretty!

14. SherryLove

SherryLove Active Member

beautiful layers and very healthy looking.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif