I Relaxed My Hair!! (Long)

SignatureBeauty

Well Ladies! I Relaxed my Hair Today!:ohwell: But I really don't know how I feel, I don't regret my decision at all, But I do feel bad because I had inspired alot of other Ladies who had Twa's, I gave them great advice and told them to be Patient and then look at me? How can I tell someone else something when I can't take my own advice? I really thought about this Long & Hard, I know my Natural Texture but I would have liked to know it when it would get Longer, But I am sorry, I could not stand to look at that TWA for another 6-8 months, I just couldn't do it, I can't stand wigs, I can't afford braids.

I know a few days ago I said that a Relaxer/Texturizer wasn't gonna solve my problem, But it did, I have a new short style that looks very chic and different and I am happy with that, I was tired of being frustrated with Product after Product and then they were not working, I was spending too much money on my TWA to keep it moist and it just wasn't happening, I tried for darn near 2 years but Please know that it wasn't my Texture at all, I need style change, I missed my Rollersets, I miss being able to have a different look each week, I know I don't have to explain my Reasons but we are Family and I have been supported through everything on here involving my hair.

I have had Pm's and encouragement from alot of Ladies, I was able to Pm them anytime and get a quick response, too many to name but they know who they are:yep: and I appreciate them alot!
I am Happy that I got to experience my natural hair for almost 2 years but I just can't stand the same style day after day, month after month etc. But I just wanted to Apologize to the Ladies I have Inspired & Encouraged while being Natural, I am sorry if you feel that I have let you down!

But this is a Personal Decision that I made for me! I see so many Beautiful Natural heads that Inspired me, But in the End I have to do me and make me Happy:yep:

Lavendar

Congrats on your new style and more so to being happy. I must say I am in shock and it took me a while to realize this wasn't one of these....gotcha! threads. The only thing that really matters is that you are happy with you....everyone else will get over it. Besides, this change doesn't mean you can't change back if you decide to. Don't apologize....just be Happy and revel in your new you!!!:grin:

Cayenne0622

I understand how you feel...you don't want to let anyone down but you are the most important person in YOUR journey. I'm sure all of the ladies will understand.....heck, you didn't kill anyone! lol:drunk: Its all gravy, girlly! Enjoy your new 'do!! Who knows in another 2 years you may miss your TWA and flip da script again...we got it like that!:grin:

SignatureBeauty

Oh wow!:blush:

I am happy you like it!

Are you planning to continue your same reggie?

Thanks Ladies! Yeah I am keeping my Same reggie? If I ever decide to become Natural again, I will try my Hardest to transition without the BC, but with the BC I got to know my hair Faster. But the same style for so long was really getting to me.

Naturallong81

hey you gotta do what works for you. Is that your new style in the avatar? cause it's looking real sleek and nice. I'm sure anyone you gave advice or inspiration to was happy for it.

Mystic

The world is not militant and neither should you be. You are entitled to change your mind at anytime irrespective of what your point of view may have been. The bottomline is that you are happy and that is the most important thing - nothing else matters. It's only hair - it will grow back and later on if you feel like revisiting going natural again, the option is yours. Congrats on going permanently straight:grin:.

SignatureBeauty

The world is not militant and neither should you be. You are entitled to change your mind at anytime irrespective of what your point of view may have been. The bottomline is that you are happy and that is the most important thing - nothing else matters. It's only hair - it will grow back and later on if you feel like revisiting going natural again, the option is yours. Congrats on going permanently straight:grin:.

Thank You very much! I really tried hard to maintain, but it will grow back and who knows what I might do LOL!!!

Suerte

If you like it, I love it.

I'm sick of my natural hair, too.

I used to love doing CW's (where is Peachtree...I learned so much from her) but to be honest...I'm sick of it.

I wanna rock a bouncy rollerset without having to flat iron or blow out, first.

SignatureBeauty

Aww! Thank You La flaca, I am glad to know that we can have fun and change up and still be here to support each other, That is what make LHCF what it is!:yep:

SignatureBeauty

If you like it, I love it.

I'm sick of my natural hair, too.

I used to love doing CW's (where is Peachtree...I learned so much from her) but to be honest...I'm sick of it.

I wanna rock a bouncy rollerset without having to flat iron or blow out, first.

See! I missed my Rollersets too, I always Loved doing Rollersets, I never used a Blow Dryer or a Flat Iron.

PinkSkates

Congratulations NP! As long as you are happy with your hair, that's all that matters! There are some relaxed ladies on this forum whose hair I just adore. So natural or relaxed we can all inspire each other.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Woooosssssahhhhh,

whycome I was lingering in the perm aisle at the BSS today and come back and find this thread!

I agree with everybody else. You gotta do what works for you. I'm glad that you are happy with the outcome and am looking forward to some before and after pictures.

ETA: Deleted extra "I"

Last edited:

bravenewgirl87

Even if it was the texture... so what? 4a/b hair can be very daunting a big task for anyone. Do what's best for you. Its funny how when you're relaxed, you appreciate natural hair so much more. When you are natural, you appreciate relaxed hair so much more. I'm glad you relaxed and you are enjoying it.

SignatureBeauty

Even if it was the texture... so what? 4a/b hair can be very daunting a big task for anyone. Do what's best for you. Its funny how when you're relaxed, you appreciate natural hair so much more. When you are natural, you appreciate relaxed hair so much more. I'm glad you relaxed and you are enjoying it.

LOL!!! That is so true and 4a/4b can be very DAUNTING, well at least for me!

SignatureBeauty

Woooosssssahhhhh,

whycome I was I lingering in the perm aisle at the BSS today and come back and find this thread!

I agree with everybody else. You gotta do what works for you. I'm glad that you are happy with the outcome and am looking forward to some before and after pictures.

LOL!! JCoily you are too funny, Now you know you have Beautiful Hair,I was hoping to get to where you and other naturals are at, but maybe one day in the future who knows, but for now I am done.

Nice & Wavy

Girl, I am happy for u! I'm glad u made a decision and that u are happy with it. I'm also happy that u did explain yourself to those whom u have encouraged...it shows that you have such a good heart and that you care.

I'm proud to call you my LHCF sister!!!

Blessings and continue HHG!!!

SignatureBeauty

Girl, I am happy for u! I'm glad u made a decision and that u are happy with it. I'm also happy that u did explain yourself to those whom u have encouraged...it shows that you have such a good heart and that you care.

I'm proud to call you my LHCF sister!!!

Blessings and continue HHG!!!

:blush::blush: That means alot to me Nice & Wavy, I felt that I needed to let them know and not leave them hanging or see a pic of me Relaxed and then not say nothing to them, But I wanted them to know how I was feeling and that this is something I wanted to do, And I really do care!

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
You have to do what's best for you. You can still be an inspiration and source of info for friends. Relaxing doesnt negate all the knowledge you have about natural hair. All my relaxed friends still come to me for hair help. I will still relax someone if they ask. (They wont come on the site, they want me to get them info and pass on the cliff notes. I PAID for a two year subscription for my sister, and that heathen STILL hasnt signed in. )
Besides, if you change your mind, you can always transistion again.

Congratz on your new look!! :)

The Girl

It's cool NP the summer humidity will do it to all of us! The good thing is when winter comes you can change your mind again and we will all support you!

Bint Yusef

I aint gonna lie. I came in and out of this thread three times mad at you.

Im over it now and can say congrats!

Are you going to change your login?

Sistaslick

I aint gonna lie. I came in and out of this thread three times mad at you.

Im over it now and can say congrats!

Are you going to change your login?

She can still be Nappy Paradise! Every 8 to 10 weeks or so...:giggle:

Congrats, NP! I hope you enjoy your stay on this side. And your advice is still solid no matter how you are wearing your hair at this point in time. Shoo Naturals listen to me, and look at me.:drunk: :lol: Your knowledge is knowledge period.

RubyWoo

Firstly, congrats! From what I can see, your hair looks great! There is absolutely no need for you to apologize. You still continue to inspire many especially in being confident in knowing what is best for your hair and how to care for it. I'm glad that you're happy and confident in your decision! Good luck on your journey :)!