I Relaxed My Hair!! (Long)

WomanlyCharm

Wow, I didn't expect this!

Nappy,it sounds like you are very happy with your decision, so do you! :grin:

Congrats and enjoy your newest hair journey! All us other "relaxed heads" are here if you need any tips!

hairgirl

Thank You Enchantment:grin:

I did the same thing...............Look up all the posts from me starting from a bit after I joined. Girl not only was I natural for nearly two yrs., but I was also using no petroleum, mineral oil, etc.....Now I use it all, including a relaxer. I had some of my friends laugh at me but my hair hugged me. Just keep your hair healthy and know that your real friends will have a good laugh with you...............mine did.:grin:

ToyToy

You really shouldn't feel bad about the choices you make on your hair!! As long as you're happy, then it's all good!! :yep::grin:
Glad you like your hair!!

BonBon

:crying3::baby2:

But I have to admit im in that in between stage and the humidity, texlax does seem tempting. Im disapointed for me lol, but do ya do: freedom of expression is a good thing

Last edited:

Blackoutzangel05

Wow...the first thing that I did when I saw this post was look at the date. I just knew this was old, before you BC'ed...but its not and I am happy for you. Girl you were my inspiration now what am I going to do at 7 months
?!?!? :grin: I love your posting, it was very heart felt and sincere. I don't know why I felt like you were apologizing to us...but it was very sweet of you. I am glad that you are back in love with your hair, that is all that matters. Now take care of that hair and in 7 months I don't want to hear you are frustrated again :wallbash: LOL :grin:

SunnyDelight

NappyParadise,

Sister your hair looks great and I admire you and your decision to relax. I felt your frustration a few weeks ago (when you just needed an ear!!) Life is about growing, learning, changing and loving. You have always given good, sound hair care advice so as you grow, learn and change, we are gonna keep on loving you and your hair. HHG.

Creatividual

That is the beauty of our hair we can go natural, texlax, relax and if we don't like any of them we can start over! It's a beautiful thing. You sound very excited about the decision you made so I wish you the best. :grin:

gone_fishing

Well Ladies! I Relaxed my Hair Today!:ohwell: But I really don't know how I feel, I don't regret my decision at all, But I do feel bad because I had inspired alot of other Ladies who had Twa's, I gave them great advice and told them to be Patient and then look at me? How can I tell someone else something when I can't take my own advice? I really thought about this Long & Hard, I know my Natural Texture but I would have liked to know it when it would get Longer, But I am sorry, I could not stand to look at that TWA for another 6-8 months, I just couldn't do it, I can't stand wigs, I can't afford braids.

I know a few days ago I said that a Relaxer/Texturizer wasn't gonna solve my problem, But it did, I have a new short style that looks very chic and different and I am happy with that, I was tired of being frustrated with Product after Product and then they were not working, I was spending too much money on my TWA to keep it moist and it just wasn't happening, I tried for darn near 2 years but Please know that it wasn't my Texture at all, I need style change, I missed my Rollersets, I miss being able to have a different look each week, I know I don't have to explain my Reasons but we are Family and I have been supported through everything on here involving my hair.

I have had Pm's and encouragement from alot of Ladies, I was able to Pm them anytime and get a quick response, too many to name but they know who they are:yep: and I appreciate them alot!
I am Happy that I got to experience my natural hair for almost 2 years but I just can't stand the same style day after day, month after month etc. But I just wanted to Apologize to the Ladies I have Inspired & Encouraged while being Natural, I am sorry if you feel that I have let you down!

But this is a Personal Decision that I made for me! I see so many Beautiful Natural heads that Inspired me, But in the End I have to do me and make me Happy:yep:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, this is such a heartfelt post. As long as you are happy with your decision, I'm sure we are happy. I think you're gonna have to change your name now though. :grin:

schipperchow1

I really like your post. Although I'm sure you know that it's your hair & you have to do what pleases you, you acknowledged that your actions may impact/influence others. Enjoy your hair:yep:

Incredible1ne

If you like it, I love it. Your earlier post did help me a lot. I'm at a crossroads with what to do with my hair right now too and I have been debating on going back to the chemicals for most of the year. The one thing that stops me is that there are a lot of young women from Nappturality that view my fotki. And I think if these young girls can be natural why not me :nono: I usu. don't care what people think but for some reason I care about that. Weird right? In the end whatever decision I make, I'd like for it to be respected. You might not like it but at least respect it.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

You definately don't have to apologize and Congrats!! Enjoy your new options!

I was telling a friend of mine yesterday why she should stay natural, just because your relaxed or natural doesn't mean you can encourage those that aren't.

Girl CONGRATS! You gotta do what right for YOUR HAIR! I'm sure you're gonna grow it out either way. None of us have the right to judge. Good Luck with your journey!

Pat Mahurr

Pun intended
Nappy Paradise, I'm new(ish) and I never post, but I had to jump in and say how much I admire you. You came forward and were honest with us even though you don't know most of us IRL and we wouldn't have known the difference! What INTEGRITY you have! NP, your hair is fantastic, flexible and forgiving. So is everybody here. Relax. It's ok. :yep:

SignatureBeauty

Thank You Ladies! Now I can move on and do alot of searches on stretching etc. Sistaslick you know you wrong for that LOL!! But that is true, Onahairquest I am glad you came in:yep:, Blackoutzangel you will make it, because I am sure you have somebody admiring you right now. You Ladies are all Wonderful and I Love you All, because without the Ladies on here I don't know what I would be doing, I just like change, I was really worried about my Daughter who looks up to me and she is Natural and prefer it that way, she tried to stop me, but then said "Well mama just do what you want to, it is your hair, just leave mine alone." Now that is one thing I don't think no one can take away from her and that is her natural hair, She has been taught to appriciate it and how to care for it.

But I really do appreciate all the Support that you all give to those of us who go through what I was going through, Because it can be frustrating, plus I can go back whenever I want, but for now I will just be reading through all post and soaking up Relaxed hair Info!!!!!:yep:

No I am not gonna change my Name because that is what I am known as and I will still have that Nappy hair like sistaslick said in 8-9 weeks LOL!!

Last edited:

blazingthru

NappyParadise,:blowkiss:

I think that was a great decision. You have to do what is best for you. I am not mad at you. I love my natural hair it was an adjustment at first but I fell in love with it and stayed that way. so if you weren't happy then you made the right decison. I am so happy for you. What I love about this forum is we accept you either way--- its your hair and you have live with it not us. We just support and encourage what ever decision you make for your hair, as long as its a healthy one. Good luck with the relaxer. I am here for you sister :kisses:

SignatureBeauty

NappyParadise,:blowkiss:

I think that was a great decision. You have to do what is best for you. I am not mad at you. I love my natural hair it was an adjustment at first but I fell in love with it and stayed that way. so if you weren't happy then you made the right decison. I am so happy for you. What I love about this forum is we accept you either way--- its your hair and you have live with it not us. We just support and encourage what ever decision you make for your hair, as long as its a healthy one. Good luck with the relaxer. I am here for you sister :kisses:

Aww! Thank You Trudy!!!! I appreciate that, and your hair is looking good!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
NP, you inspired me in the past and I am still inspired by you. You don't owe any apology to anyone, but I know where U coming from. I have to ask the question of all questions...Where are tha' pics?!:wink2::detective:

hopeful

Whoa NP I saw this thread and was like why she playin'?:lol: First of all, you know we love you, right?:theteam:Anybody all mad cuz you did what brings you some peace is not your friend IMO. Personally I am so proud of you:meme:. You made a tough decision so that you could be happy. Good for you!:flowers: I'm so happy for you:hug2:. Your hair looks really pretty:yep:. You can always go natural again, whenever you decide, and when and if you do, we will all be here cheering you on again.

SignatureBeauty

Hopeful you are too funny and I am still watching you LOL!!! Well I just realized that my hair is not straight at all so I guess you could say it is texturized, Like in my Avitar that is the Picture but it is all curly, I have no straight pieces, just curls and waves, DDTexlaxed the pic is in my avitar LOL!! I guess you can't tell because it is still curly just looser alot looser LOL!!! But I am happy for me, I guess I will have to learn more about Telaxed/Texturized hair touch ups, I done my first wash and go with this and it looks good, and feels light, I didn't take a pic but next time I will, I guess I will start a Telaxed/Texturizer Fotki Now!!

caribeandiva

Human being
Hon, if you're happy then we're happy. Stop worrying about what others will say. YOU have to deal with your hair so it's YOUR decision and no one else's.

chocolate01

I loved your post! At the end of the day it is just hair and I am happy that you made the right decision for you. Your hair looks super cute in your avatar!

InnerSoul

Well Ladies! I Relaxed my Hair Today!:ohwell: But I really don't know how I feel, I don't regret my decision at all, But I do feel bad because I had inspired alot of other Ladies who had Twa's, I gave them great advice and told them to be Patient and then look at me? How can I tell someone else something when I can't take my own advice? I really thought about this Long & Hard, I know my Natural Texture but I would have liked to know it when it would get Longer, But I am sorry, I could not stand to look at that TWA for another 6-8 months, I just couldn't do it, I can't stand wigs, I can't afford braids.

I know a few days ago I said that a Relaxer/Texturizer wasn't gonna solve my problem, But it did, I have a new short style that looks very chic and different and I am happy with that, I was tired of being frustrated with Product after Product and then they were not working, I was spending too much money on my TWA to keep it moist and it just wasn't happening, I tried for darn near 2 years but Please know that it wasn't my Texture at all, I need style change, I missed my Rollersets, I miss being able to have a different look each week, I know I don't have to explain my Reasons but we are Family and I have been supported through everything on here involving my hair.

I have had Pm's and encouragement from alot of Ladies, I was able to Pm them anytime and get a quick response, too many to name but they know who they are:yep: and I appreciate them alot!
I am Happy that I got to experience my natural hair for almost 2 years but I just can't stand the same style day after day, month after month etc. But I just wanted to Apologize to the Ladies I have Inspired & Encouraged while being Natural, I am sorry if you feel that I have let you down!

But this is a Personal Decision that I made for me! I see so many Beautiful Natural heads that Inspired me, But in the End I have to do me and make me Happy:yep:

your texlaxed do is beau-tee-full !!
I know I love change and I am glad that you don't regret your decision...you shouldn't regret it...there is nothing wrong with wanting to change your style once in a while:yep:

Mizani_Mrs

Congrats Nappy. Girl you dont have to apologize about what YOU do to YOUR hair! You have 2yrs experience so your natural advice is still valid, no matter what. My question, if you dont mind me asking...if you were natural for 2 years then why did you still have a TWA? shouldnt you have been chin or shoulder length by now???

Connie

There was a time when sisters didn't feel they had to explain or apologize for wearing their hair natural or straight. Afro, puffs or bone straight, it was all black and beautiful. What happened? :-(

Mini-vent aside, you have nothing but love and respect from me for choosing to do YOU, and not what others dictate.

lala

I don't think you've disappointed anyone (at least I hope not). I think you have to pick the styling options that work best for you. I understand your predicament though. I liked my natural hair, but my length and styling preferences were unpopular with the stylists. My hair will probably always be relaxed even though I still get complaints...

Miss*Tress

Thanks Ladies! Yeah I am keeping my Same reggie? If I ever decide to become Natural again, I will try my Hardest to transition without the BC, but with the BC I got to know my hair Faster. But the same style for so long was really getting to me.
That's why I transitioned myself. Good luck and be happy! :) But you know, you have to change your moniker now. ;)

Jetblackhair

NP, what a beautiful sincere post:cupidarrow:. We are all on a hair journey and your journey took you full circle with lots of acquired knowledge in between, getting to know your natural texture, how to care for your hair. No matter what decision you make for your hair, you will always come out on top. I'm very happy for you and you have my support. Congratulation!:urock: