I Severely Damaged My Hair!

aja1121

Hi,

Merry Xmas!

Is your hair relaxed? If so you are never suppose to use a straightening comb on relaxed hair because it will cause damage. Straightening are suppose to only be used on natural non relaxed hair.

I know this advice isnt' helping now because the damage was already done. But the deep conditioning and staying away from heat for a while should help. Also wild hair growth is good has a strong herbal scent but it works, with just two weeks of use a few years ago I had a lot of growth with cornrows.

Good luck!

tati

She is natural.

My entire head is damaged and will not revert. This is from 3 years of heat styling and not caring. It looks great straight, you can't see the damage. But when I wash it I wanna cry. I am not going to cut it, I am just going to take better care of it and keep the heat away. I will only straighten it for special occassions and length checks (every 3 months). That is my commitment.

glamazon386

She is natural.

My entire head is damaged and will not revert. This is from 3 years of heat styling and not caring. It looks great straight, you can't see the damage. But when I wash it I wanna cry. I am not going to cut it, I am just going to take better care of it and keep the heat away. I will only straighten it for special occassions and length checks (every 3 months). That is my commitment.

OT - How do you wear your hair usually? Also, has your hair always been natural?

aja1121

Bmore-

Before I started my commitment, I was wearing it straight, all day everyday. Look at my fotki...the pic of my natural red hair is when I first started getting it straightened, before the damage. And then after is the dark wet hair. The difference makes me sick!!!

Anyway, I've been wearing protective buns and perm rods nonstop since October.

And girl no, I've only been natural 5 years, going on 6 this July. I did use to rock a ponytail everyday in school..:lachen:

www.fotki.com/aja1121.