I Stumbled Onto a Gold Mine

Amarech

We all know the phrase "like a kid in a candy store", right? Well when I first moved, that's how I felt about the beauty supply store that I found. The only store that came close was the BSS in Chatam, south side of Chicago, my forever home:)

The store here is huge, and it's got practically everything (except my Pre-Foundation Conditioner by Vitale :mad:) under the sun.

At first I was really excited. They had all my Paul Mitchell stuff as well as BioSilk. And then I discovered Joico. And Mizani. The red flags went up. In the back of my mind I always wondered "is this stuff legit?"

Well today I got up the nerve to ask the manager about my concerns. I mean, I really like the store and I didn't want to seem like I was looking for trouble.

I'm glad I asked because it turns out, they have a full service salon in the back of the store. You'd never know it because the signs aren't very prominent. And to top it off, they have a certified Mizani stylist :wow:
That explains the Mizani relaxer and products on display in the front of the store. Maybe I'm a little too gushy, but I have never been this close to a Mizani stylist in my life. I'm a self relaxer but.....with a Mizani stylist around.....maybe things could change....

So I have found my little gold mine. I'm in hair product heaven ( but I'm not a PJ) :) Just wanted to share my joy.

:eek: OMG, I hate you! :swordfight: **pouting** I wanna live by a big ol bss too! **running home to cry**

We all know the phrase "like a kid in a candy store", right? Well when I first moved, that's how I felt about the beauty supply store that I found. The only store that came close was the BSS in Chatam, south side of Chicago, my forever home:)

The store here is huge, and it's got practically everything (except my Pre-Foundation Conditioner by Vitale :mad:) under the sun.

At first I was really excited. They had all my Paul Mitchell stuff as well as BioSilk. And then I discovered Joico. And Mizani. The red flags went up. In the back of my mind I always wondered "is this stuff legit?"

Well today I got up the nerve to ask the manager about my concerns. I mean, I really like the store and I didn't want to seem like I was looking for trouble.

I'm glad I asked because it turns out, they have a full service salon in the back of the store. You'd never know it because the signs aren't very prominent. And to top it off, they have a certified Mizani stylist :wow:
That explains the Mizani relaxer and products on display in the front of the store. Maybe I'm a little too gushy, but I have never been this close to a Mizani stylist in my life. I'm a self relaxer but.....with a Mizani stylist around.....maybe things could change....

So I have found my little gold mine. I'm in hair product heaven ( but I'm not a PJ) :) Just wanted to share my joy.

this is in chatam?

I'll be going home on the 19th. My parents live in West Chatham. Which BSS is this -- on 87th? I usually go to the one at 87th and the Dan Ryan, but this one sounds like it may be over near Cottage Grove, maybe or King Drive?

I think I know the one she's talking about. It's on Cottage Grove around 69thish (between that and 79th I think).

Back