I think I'm insane. (Pictures)

naturalgyrl5199

Wow...Your hair is beautiful!
I can see why you miss your coils:yep:

The nice thing about hair is as long as your are alive...IT GROWS...so you can go back and forth between textures....Maybe you just had to get it out of your system to truly tell if you were sure of this relaxer thing...so now you have your answer!:rolleyes:

MsLizziA

Your not crazy. I did the same EXACT thing. I transitioned for a whole year>texturized>relaxed (why n the &*#^@ did i do this i don't know because i was pissed afterwards)> transitioned for 4 months directly after relaxer>bc'D and now im 9 months into my natural hair journey! Like you said, you don't know what u got until its gone

Janet'

GIRL...Your hair is FAB!!!! Welcome back to the natural side of things...well after transitioning, of course!

Stepiphanie

Sorry to hear that you're not liking the relaxed hair. That's the one thing with relaxers, once it's done, if you don't like it , there's no easy fix. Good luck on your new journey, and no you're not crazy!!

Southernbella.

Girl, what did you do???:lol: You relaxed that beautiful hair? I oughta get my belt out...:giggle:

But for real, your natural hair was gorgeous. Just do what feels right to you.:yep:

countrychickd

Girl, your natural hair was too beautiful! I would miss that too. Hair grows back though. You'll have that hair back in no time. You have a lifetime to experiment with your hair so have fun girl. At least now you realize exactly how you prefer your hair. Can't wait to see your gorgeous hair through your transition and natural journey.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
omg! i was just stalking your fotki a week or so ago, hoping for hair that would grow up to be like yours. i agree with you girl, you insane. :lol: i can't believe it! good luck with your transition. your hair was the bomb. ♥

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your natural hair is so gorgeous! :blush: I think I'm insane, too, with my multiple BCS and relaxing.:rolleyes: I'm transitioning,again for the tenth time.:yep:

Last edited:

Renewed1

Oh girl, its hair. Easy come....easy go....easy relax.....not so easy natural. LOL!!!

I was thinking about texturizing my hair. I don't know why, just because.

It's a good thing I wear wigs, or I'll probably would have already done that.

Krymsonkween

OP y r u doing this to me. I relaxed 2/21/2010 n now I wish I would have keep transitioning. I am not going to relax anymore. I am gonna transition until December and c wat I get. I hve not pics of my natural hair I have tried to go natural 4x.

justsimply

I had locs for about 3 1/2 yrs, cut them and stayed natural for about 2 yrs (no pic for this period), relaxed and almost instantly regretted it. Although I was able to keep my relaxed hair healthy, I missed the feel of my natural hair. I lasted 10 mths, transitioned 7 mths, did the BC, stayed "loose" for a year and now I'm 9 mths into locing again.

Attachments

• 1st set of locs May 2005_4.jpg
    1st set of locs May 2005_4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Aug 2007_cropped.JPG
    Aug 2007_cropped.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Dec2008 twistout_cropped2.jpg
    Dec2008 twistout_cropped2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 9 mths_Feb21_bw.JPG
    9 mths_Feb21_bw.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 9 mths_Feb27_2.jpg
    9 mths_Feb27_2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 7

NikkiGirl

Your natural hair is beautiful. I can understand why you would miss it. But time will fly and you will be back there in no time.

KrystalClear

Girl, your naatural hair is beautiful!!!! Why DID you relax??? You had some really nice styles too!

lol idk, maybe I was just tired of the time that it took to do my hair. BUT my relaxed hair is just as time consuming AND I have to baby it. I never did the protein treatments, now I do. :/ And my relaxed hair doesn't like color very well. My natural hair can stand it. I will be back natural in no time. :yep:

KrystalClear

OP y r u doing this to me. I relaxed 2/21/2010 n now I wish I would have keep transitioning. I am not going to relax anymore. I am gonna transition until December and c wat I get. I hve not pics of my natural hair I have tried to go natural 4x.

lol like every1 tells me, make sure you really want to be relaxed because once you do it, its a done deal! being natural is the bomb lol, it just takes patience and determination.

Oh girl, its hair. Easy come....easy go....easy relax.....not so easy natural. LOL!!!

I was thinking about texturizing my hair. I don't know why, just because.

It's a good thing I wear wigs, or I'll probably would have already done that.

lol yes! wigs! I will start back w/those if i get the straight bug. I may flat iron since I have a Hana Elite just sittin around collectin dust!

Your natural hair is so gorgeous! :blush: I think I'm insane, too, with my multiple BCS and relaxing.:rolleyes: I'm transitioning,again for the tenth time.:yep:

Thank you! And lol @ bein insane too! How long will you transition?

omg! i was just stalking your fotki a week or so ago, hoping for hair that would grow up to be like yours. i agree with you girl, you insane. :lol: i can't believe it! good luck with your transition. your hair was the bomb. ♥

AWW that is Such a freakin compliment! I feel bad now lol. Bad role model! well once it gets back natural you can stalk again. :spinning: Thank you for the compliment!

Girl, your natural hair was too beautiful! I would miss that too. Hair grows back though. You'll have that hair back in no time. You have a lifetime to experiment with your hair so have fun girl. At least now you realize exactly how you prefer your hair. Can't wait to see your gorgeous hair through your transition and natural journey.

Thank you very much <3 Transitioning is going to be very interesting.

Girl, what did you do???:lol: You relaxed that beautiful hair? I oughta get my belt out...:giggle:

But for real, your natural hair was gorgeous. Just do what feels right to you.:yep:

lol seriously though! I shoulda took the advice of prior posters of trying a WIG FIRST! lol I get what I get!

Sorry to hear that you're not liking the relaxed hair. That's the one thing with relaxers, once it's done, if you don't like it , there's no easy fix. Good luck on your new journey, and no you're not crazy!!

Heck yes, relaxers are once you go CRACK you never go BACK. JK for all the relaxed ! you know how they call it creamy crack! I couldnt resist lol

GIRL...Your hair is FAB!!!! Welcome back to the natural side of things...well after transitioning, of course!

Thanks! I will be back soon! I'm excited. Each month, counting downn

Your not crazy. I did the same EXACT thing. I transitioned for a whole year>texturized>relaxed (why n the &*#^@ did i do this i don't know because i was pissed afterwards)> transitioned for 4 months directly after relaxer>bc'D and now im 9 months into my natural hair journey! Like you said, you don't know what u got until its gone

Well maybe we should be each others cheerleaders! When we want to revert, be like DO YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU WERE RELAXED lol

Wow...Your hair is beautiful!
I can see why you miss your coils:yep:

The nice thing about hair is as long as your are alive...IT GROWS...so you can go back and forth between textures....Maybe you just had to get it out of your system to truly tell if you were sure of this relaxer thing...so now you have your answer!:rolleyes:

So true, hair grows! But I just think about how many years I'm setting myself back lol. But it is what it is! Thank you, you're right about that. I know that I don't like relaxers for ME.