I thought all of yall were CRAZY! Now I AM CRAZY!

How often do you Wash/Co-Wash/Deep Condition (i.e. wet your hair) per week?

• less than once a week

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • once a week

Votes: 149 30.2%
  • twice a week

Votes: 151 30.6%
  • three times a week

Votes: 71 14.4%
  • more than three times a week

Votes: 104 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I usedto wash my hair every week and that was considered wayyy too much by my friends irl.

Now I wash my hair 2 times a week and they think I am certifiable.

Now if i wash my hair once a week I use a clarifer......

I used to wash every 3 days but my schedule had me so exhausted that I am down to once a week. I have to resist the urge to wet my hair sometimes. It is relaxing just to have water on my scalp when I am in the shower. I have regular hours now so I can get back into washing more often. It makes a difference in my hair.

oops i meant once a week, @ least now cuz i wanna flat iron once a week. If not for that, lord hammercy!! Lol i go nuts with it lol

seeing as i like to use deep conditioning natural conditioners as leave-ins I can't co-wash every day as it would be madness for my bank account. But the products (giovanni, ao) are pretty concentrated and get reactivated every day by just adding water. I wash and apply product only once or twice a week, but I wet my hair every day (less or more depending on how it feels... I don't rinse out the product) and it feels like co-washing / it brings back the curls if there's also kccc in my hair.

Concentrated conditioner + water works for me just like using a lot of light conditioner. I used to be terrified by water as well!

When I first found LHCF it seemed everyone washed/co-washed/deep conditioned or did something involving water with their hair at least 2-3 times per week. I'm not gonna lie...I thought you were all CRAZY! I used to HATE getting my hair wet and dealing with it in that state. I would wash every other week AT MOST and I had no clue what co-washing or deep conditioning without shampooing was.

NOW, I can't get enough! The only thing that stops me from doing more than my now twice a week dc and once a week shampoo is I am too busy. I have noticed healthier hair from more frequent washes and conditioning treatments then I ever would have thought.

How often do you ladies wash/co-wash/deep condition per week?

Thats funny because I felt the same way and still convincing myself to start this regimen lol! I hope I will by next month!

i have co washed for years whenever i have a setback i come back to bunning and co-washing (even though i didn't call it that back in high school). it has always helped me recover and heal my hair from fiascos with bleaching, over processing relaxers, etc.

i wash with mild shampoo once a week.

deep condition once a week after shampoo day or twice if using heat.

co wash and hot oil treat once a week winter and twice in summer.

so i wet my hair two to three times a week depending on weather.

I can't manipulate my natural hair in its dry state with some consequences (lol) so I wet my hair frequently. I would say at least 3 times a week.

I shampoo and DC once a week and cowash once a week. Ever since i started doing this my hair really turned around.

When I first found LHCF it seemed everyone washed/co-washed/deep conditioned or did something involving water with their hair at least 2-3 times per week. I'm not gonna lie...I thought you were all CRAZY! I used to HATE getting my hair wet and dealing with it in that state. I would wash every other week AT MOST and I had no clue what co-washing or deep conditioning without shampooing was.

NOW, I can't get enough! The only thing that stops me from doing more than my now twice a week dc and once a week shampoo is I am too busy. I have noticed healthier hair from more frequent washes and conditioning treatments then I ever would have thought.

How often do you ladies wash/co-wash/deep condition per week?

Girl, so true! :lachen:

When I first joined (which still isn't THAT long ago, lol) I was eager to learn about hair care and stuff, but HONESTLYHONESTLYHONESTLY I thought you guys were......off! Devoting THAT much time out of each WEEK, no, each DAY, to wash your hair......I thought it was crazy! I have always thought washing/caring for your own hair was WORK, hours of work, so hearing about ladies who co-wash every other day, I was like.......do they not have anything else to do for hours each day or what? Lol. Then I discovered that cowashing not only leaves my hair wonderfully detangled, smooth, and healthy-feeling, but it ALSO takes......MINUTES. Not hours like I thought it took. It's funny how big of a 180 my perspective has gone through. Now I co-wash every other day during most weeks, and DC once a week, and it is so awesome to do so! :grin:

.....sometimes I look forward to it, lol. :blush:

i wet my hair daily when wearing curly (which I will be for the entire summer), co-wash about 2x week and shampoo and dc 1x week.

I was just thinking, my rinse yesterday was so good! I wanna do it daily! And then here this thread is making me wanna do it!
I'm gonna do it!
It really helped me sleep in this heat! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back