I tried a new relaxer!

hopeful

Hey Sareca, thanks for keeping us updated on your process. It has been so helpful to me and I'm sure a lot of other ladies. You are one of the reasons I finally got the courage to texturize and I am very happy with my results.

SparklingFlame

Hey Sareca, thanks for keeping us updated on your process. It has been so helpful to me and I'm sure a lot of other ladies. You are one of the reasons I finally got the courage to texturize and I am very happy with my results.
You texturized!!!!!

I didnt know that!!!!!!

I so glad that it worked out for you!

Brownie518

I just did my 2nd touch-up. I used less oil and it was great! I'm VERY happy with results.
I will be using SE Lye Regular for touch-up from now on. :yep:

Dry hair...

Wet hair (that was dyed with Bigen in Black-Brown).

The results have been terribly consistent! I can't even find where one touch-up meets another one.

Your hair is soooo friggin' PRETTY!!!! I actually think I'm hatin' on you, Sareca!! :look:

hopeful

You texturized!!!!!

I didnt know that!!!!!!

I so glad that it worked out for you!

Thanks sweetie. I've only been texturized about 6 weeks. It feels so weird to have newgrowth again:spinning:. I've updated my fotki with pics but have yet to update my siggy and avi, I will eventually.

sareca

Your hair is soooo friggin' PRETTY!!!! I actually think I'm hatin' on you, Sareca!! :look:

You can have the same thing... it comes out of a little brown jar. :lachen:

I have been texlaxing with SE Lye Mild.... all I have is less frizz. I am thinking I should push up on the regular... maybe.

I tried mild and had to do a corrective. Nothing happened. :ohwell:

Thanks sweetie. I've only been texturized about 6 weeks. It feels so weird to have newgrowth again:spinning:. I've updated my fotki with pics but have yet to update my siggy and avi, I will eventually.

I didn't know that either! Congrats :flowers: Off to checkout your fokti...

So Sereca,

Do you think it's better to texlax with regular or keep the mild on for longer?

I didn't know that either! Congrats :flowers: Off to checkout your fokti...

jade998

Glad I found this thread. I want to push relaxer further, as I am using Mild and the reversion is too much for me. I want it a bit more relaxed.

My rollersets turn out frizzy.. and I can only get it smooth with heat

MissMeWithThatIsh

I just purchased regular and used it for 15 in the back n 8-9 in the front. I am DCing now. If this isn't how I want it to look, I will deal until touch up time.

HoneyDew

I tried this relaxer in Mild over the weekend and I really like it.

It underprocessed me a bit. Well, I underprocessed me, by not smoothing the kinkiest sections in the back. The areas that I did smooth turned out great!

My hair feels soft and not too straight.

loved

Glad to hear that you had a good result and THANK YOU for the idea. That's a great way to transition to a new relaxer.

HoneyDew

I am afraid to use the regular. :perplexed

It takes me so long to get the relaxer in.

Another thing I liked about it is the thickness of the cream. It was easier to pinpoint my new growth and have minimal overlap.

sareca

I'm definitely a convert. I've been using SE for touchups for over a year and I love it. SE was made for texturizer/texlaxers. It's so much easier to get consistent results with SE than Phyto. I've been slowly cutting off the Phyto hair as the SE hair grows in. I'm almost there. I only have a few inches of Phyto hair. :yay: I'm finally back on target with my hair goals.

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

Does any one have any experience with Silk Elements MegaSilk Olive Oil Relaxer, the ingredients have silk protein, shea butter and olive oil