I used Wen613, whats the best way to get buildup out of my hair?

Misshairdiva

I argued with my beautician today because she said my hair was "dirty.":nono: I use Wen613 faithfully and since using it my hair hasn't been better. However I do think that the shampoo girl is NOT rinsing my hair out very good. Last week I did use alot of the black gel in my hair because of the rain, I just wore my hair in a poneytail. This morning I put Ojon in my hair, let it sit for a few hours, then rinsed with the Wen613, took a wide tooth comb while it was wet and scrubed my scalp very good and put more Wen in and threw a shower cap on and went to the salon to be rinsed out for a Dominican blowout. I must admit there was alot of flakes in my hair but I am thinking its from the shampoo girl not rinsing too well or from putting the black gel in my hair every day last week.

Question.. what is the best way to get buildup out of my hair? I dont want to go back to using shampoo because using the Wen613 has my hair in the best condition ever!

Baking soda can help clarify without using a traditional shampoo. Just dilute it with water. Some people like to follow it up with an acv rinse.

I pre-wash my scalp, before washing my hair. Pretty much I put whatever I am going to use to wash my hair in a applicator bottle, and add water or aloe Vera juice, shake and apply to my scalp. I then massage the scalp very well paying close attention to areas where I may have used a lot of product. I normally use something that is going to stimulate my scalp ( peppermint oil etc.), I know that I have massaged my scalp well when it starts to tingle. For me a dirty scalp does not tingle no matter how much mentholated product I use. Then I rinse, mind you I do this before I even wet my hair, sometimes I will even let it sit a bit before rinsing.

I also use Wen faithfully but I did have to clarify a few days ago due to build up. I don't think wen removes build up and hard water deposits

Wen 613 is essentially a conditioner and will eventually cause build up on the hair if not clarified. The first 2 ingredients are cetearyl alcohol & Behentrimonium methosulfate -- which when combined together are ref to as a quaternary compound, which is film forming. Wen also contains cones, so just those 3 ingredients alone will cause buildup on the hair if not removed with a surfactant (shampoo) as they are not water soluble.

I won't go further into the boring scientific details lol but the bottom line is that you have to clarify your hair once in a while, when using products like Wen to prevent buildup.

Also I don't advice baking soda. Try using a quality clarifying shampoo (pref. without sulfates). Your hair will thank you for it and you will find that the Wen will work even better.

Keracare has a sulfate free shampoo called 1st Lather. it works really well and it's not stripping. but i would recommend using a shampoo at least once a month and just follow up with the WEN. i use a clarifying shampoo for the first wash, second lather i use a moisturizing poo.

Back