I Want Christian Responses to This... 'Thanks in Advance'

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Mods: This is an Christian issue. Please do not move it into the Political Forum as it will not be received there without opposition and dispute. Thanks so much. :Rose:

I received this from a Maryland Senator in an email message:

-----------------------------------

For years I have held the belief that marriage is between a man and a woman. I have also felt just as strongly that all of our citizens, gay and straight, deserve the same legal rights, benefits, and responsibilities.

With these thoughts, last Tuesday I walked into our hearing on Same-Sex Marriage promising to keep an open mind, but fairly certain of how I would vote on the issue.

What I witnessed from the opponents of the bill was appalling. Witness after witness demonized homosexuals, vilified the gay community, and described gays and lesbians as pedophiles. I believe that sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather people are born one way or another. The proponents of the bill were straightforward in wanting to be simply treated as everyone else, and wanted to stop being treated as second-class citizens.

While, in my mind, civil unions with all the same rights as marriage is the best option, this is no longer the choice. The votes in committee are not there for this approach. I will still offer an amendment doing just that, but if it fails, I simply cannot turn my back on decent hard-working families who just want the same rights and dignity as everyone else in our great state.

For me, the transition to supporting marriage has not been an easy one, but the uncertainty, fear, and second-class status that gays and lesbians have to put up with is far worse and clearly must come to an end.

Sincerely,

Senator James Brochin
42nd Legislative District

--------------------------

Shimmie

Staff member
My Reply:

Dear Mr. Brochin:

I too disagree with demonizing any human being, be they heterosexual or homosexual. However, this STILL does not justify changing the true meaning of marriage which is between a man and a woman.

People who uphold the true meaning of marriage are indeed upset with the push and pressures of changing such into what it will never be.

What I gather from your message is that you made an emotional decision, not one based upon truth. I cannot help but wonder what other measures you would compromise in your position.

Marriage is what it is -- which is between a man and a woman...period! This truth will never change no matter what laws are proposed, passed or un-passed. The truth stands upon it's foundation of what God has ordained, not man.

I would never harm a human being, naming a homosexual. They are as much human as anyone else upon this earth, but their lifestyle is not the same as that of a man and a woman and you are fully aware of this. However, to grant them the right to marriage is not justified. It is not on equal ground as a male and female relationship.

Truthfully, this fight for gay marriage is quite selfish. Their claims still do not justify the means.

Quite frankly, I am more appalled at your weakness whereupon you made a decision that is not valid; you cannot change what marriage means; no matter what laws are passed or repealed.

You cannot change the true meaning of marriage based upon your disapproval of the reaction of the opposers of gay marriage.

For while I also, do not agree the opposers behaviour, it still does not change the meaning of marriage which is again, between a man and a woman.

I am also more than certain that not 'all' of the opposers behaved in this manner; I know that the majority of them had and still maintain a civil manner and many were composed with much compassion. You based your decision on the few who offended you.

In truth, changing your vote was not truly based upon the opposers but your choice of weakness, and upon which does not change what marriage truly is.

As a parent, even when my children have been disrespected, I still have to correct them when they are wrong, otherwise they lose character.

As a State Representative, although you saw unsavory behaviour and attitudes against gays, you still have to maintain the truth of marriage. By your change in decision, you have shown me and others that you have a weak foundation and that you moved as a feather in the wind.

As I sit here on this Sunday evening reading your email, which I received twice; I am not impressed with your reasoning, as you so shared in your email message.

I certainly would not trust you with any important decisions as you move not with the truth.

Respectfully,

[My name was here]

Concerned Voter

---------------------------

Because of my mom's past illness and now the settling of her estate [since her passing], I never changed my Maryland residency to Florida where I also reside.

Hence the reason that I may have been on his email list.

Last edited:

Ladybelle

I agree with you.
I also agree with the belief that people can be born gay, mean, and a host of other characteristics that may not be deemed Godly hence the reason we are "born again".

I think you responded beautifully. Kudos to you for standing firm in your convictions.

This is one of those topics that can be difficult to discuss or address, especially when you know gay people but no man can serve two Gods. I try to be respectful of people & their choices without compromising my own beliefs.

Shimmie

Staff member
I agree with you.
I also agree with the belief that people can be born gay, mean, and a host of other characteristics that may not be deemed Godly hence the reason we are "born again".

I think you responded beautifully. Kudos to you for standing firm in your convictions.

This is one of those topics that can be difficult to discuss or address, especially when you know gay people but no man can serve two Gods. I try to be respectful of people & their choices without compromising my own beliefs.

:kiss: Thanks Ladybelle.

This man was already 'swayed' in his decision.

It's a wake-up to the Body of Christ that we have to take a stand against the foolishness of man.

God says to fear 'Him' not man. This State Representative and the others who 'cave', 'fear' man and not God [with reverence].

All the more to pray about and move as God moves us.

BeautifulFlower

Shimmie,

I am encouraged by you to always stand in truth no matter the climate. That is such an important thing to do in the face of adversity. I am known for my wayward emotions and it often affecting my decisions. But the Lord has than convicted me that truth in the Word of God always stands. It is soo easy to get swept up in this world. There's so much going on, so such informationm so many point of views...its difficult to understand or know what's truth. Thank the Lord for the Bible that is ever true, solid, and my source for understanding the Lord's design for people.

I can understand how he feels but when you are not a Christ-following Christian it is soooo easy to get swept away and want to do what "you perceive" to be right.

This is why it is so important to pray. Its hard to get past prayers about yourself and your family but dont forget your leaders of the nation. (not you but you in general)

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. Proverbs 29:2

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

makeupgirl

I agree with you.

I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the bold. No one is born gay or even mean. Every person that is born is born with a sinful nature inherited from Adam, even that sweet innocent baby boo. We have to be born again because of Adam's sin that has seperated us from God and we are a new creature because we have confess and repented that we are sinners and receive Christ that has reconciled us back to God. God doesn't tolerate sin. That's why the wages of sin is death.

Becoming homosexual, mean, hateful, sarcastic, or any characteristics that we have are choices that the individual has made to do for themselves, especially when it's contrary to God. Because of the sinful nature we were born with , it's easy to sin against God and even easy to accept that homosexuality is ok because of the excuse/argument that people all have equal rights, however at the end of the day and for all time, it is a sin according to the bible.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie,

I am encouraged by you to always stand in truth no matter the climate. That is such an important thing to do in the face of adversity. I am known for my wayward emotions and it often affecting my decisions. But the Lord has than convicted me that truth in the Word of God always stands.

It is soo easy to get swept up in this world. There's so much going on, so such informationm so many point of views...its difficult to understand or know what's truth. Thank the Lord for the Bible that is ever true, solid, and my source for understanding the Lord's design for people.

I can understand how he feels but when you are not a Christ-following Christian it is soooo easy to get swept away and want to do what "you perceive" to be right.

This is why it is so important to pray. Its hard to get past prayers about yourself and your family but dont forget your leaders of the nation. (not you but you in general)

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. Proverbs 29:2

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

:kiss: Thank you for responding. This is not an 'easy' subject to approach. And I can promise you that I did not post this as a reproach against those who are homosexual.

It is not that and it is for that reason, that I want to keep here in the Christian Forum, for in another arena, it will be taken out of context and it's real purpose and the love of God will be lost and not be seen by those who become offended.

We live in a very 'sad' society and those who are in leadership are upon sinking sand for they have allowed themselves to be removed from solid ground. They are being wooed, courted and blinded by 'seducing spirits', who have but one agenda as their focus and that is to oppose the plan and purpose of God.

Come on now... and Yes...I'm preaching but I'm also reaching.

In all truth...

This is not about gays; it is instead a 'Diversion' to what satan is doing in the earth to separate man from God. It is an eye opener to to the Body of Christ to be awake and aware as to what satan is behind to kill and destroy mankind.

Oh the enemy would love to have 'us' fighting and arguing and pitted against one another. But it is not about that. It just isn't. The Word of God makes this so very plain and instead of getting upset with someone for being gay, we have to look at the true force which is behind it.

And for the record... Gays are not born that way. There is no DNA for being gay.

It is a spiritual attack and an afront against the nature of God. It is the work of the enemy coming against God ... think about it. satan is throwing this in the face of God who created humans for one purpose and satan has turned it around to defy God's plan.

Where are gays targeted and what do they use as their target?

Their emotions... their souls. And their target fight is not about anything else except for what they feel in their souls. And who has the control? God did not place it there. Where is ther breeding ground for anything and what did Jesus die for about us? "Our Souls". And our soul is what satan targets and plants his seeds of deception.

This is one of reasons, it so hard for a gay person to understand, because the feelings they have are coming from their soulish realm; the area which is their 'center'; the soul is the 'center' for 'All' human beings and this is where satan lands his attack and he is very clever at it.

This is the battle ground for homosexuals, it's all inside of their soul and what the soul feels is going to 'seem' right to them, deep inside; hence their stand upon 'being who they are'. It's been rooted in their soul by the enemy that this is how they are and hence the battle to possess their begins.

God did not make them this way. He loves them and would not put this upon them. And this is why Jesus came to deliver our souls from 'all' sin and from the enemy's deceptions.

The Word tells us, that satan as a roaring lion, roams the earth 'SEEKING' whom he may devour. This is what he has done...he has placed his tracks in various forms for all of mankind;

Be it... any type of bondage and/or sin; it is truly not all about homosexuality. It's just part of the mix that satan has in his plan to compromise the nature of man.

As far as our government is concerned they are satan's counterparts... think about it. Someone has to create and pass the laws ... which oppose the will of God.

-----------

I'm not done... :look:

Guitarhero

My Reply:

What I gather from your message is that you made an emotional decision, not one based upon truth. I cannot help but wonder what other measures you would compromise in your position.

Marriage is what it is -- which is between a man and a woman...period! This truth will never change no matter what laws are proposed, passed or un-passed. The truth stands upon it's foundation of what God has ordained, not man.

Truthfully, this fight for gay marriage is quite selfish. Their claims still do not justify the means.

Quite frankly, I am more appalled at your weakness whereupon you made a decision that is not valid; you cannot change what marriage means; no matter what laws are passed or repealed.

Hence the reason that I may have been on his email list.

Does the Senator admit to being a christian or religious? I think that his intentions were to bring the law towards justice for all members of society, not just some of them. We cannot pick and choose our born-citizenry. It's such a difficult issue and lots of people are afraid that something is being taken from them. I try and think ahead as to what freedoms could be stripped but for now, cannot think of any. Anyone here is welcomed to give their opinions as it will help me with this question.

As far as I know, the proponents of same-sex marriage want the economic advantages. There simply is no way to legalize social acceptance of a lifestyle..of a like-issue. They do not have it now and they are still in same-sex relationships. Discrimination is another issue entirely. With that said, I believe they do have the right to have each other on their insurance as a partner etc., same benefits, respect. I don't personally feel that traditional marriage is in danger with recognizing another's civil right. But, it's not like a race issue...you cannot force people to like it...but you can enforce how others respond publicly to you. I'd say that respect is biblical.

As to the Senator going against what he knows as truth, I don't think we can say that. He did state he held to traditional definitions of male/female marriage but charging him with being weak-minded is, imho, incorrect. He never made this about religion and from his email, has not stated any religious beliefs. Does he in fact do so or has he done so in the past (admit to being a christian)? I'm just looking at this from the perspective of factual information between emails. So, your communication might have had a bit more weight other than just religious viewpoint if you had delineated the points of potential disadvantage and loss for traditionals.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I believe I understand what Ladybelle is saying concerning being born gay, with the iniquities of our mothers and fathers being passed on to us (influences, so to speak). The Bible is full of examples: Isaac and Jacob; David and Absolom for example.

There are generational curses... the curse of sexual sin (promiscuity/deviation, etc), the curse of alcoholism, etc., that, until they're repented, can go on from generation to generation. The influence is there to cause us to choose to sin that particular sin. It's a real battle for all of us, so much so that the only way to overcome any sinful influence is to overcome through being born again. What may be a battle for one may not even be a temptation for another.

I have to respectfully disagree with you regarding the bold. No one is born gay or even mean. Every person that is born is born with a sinful nature inherited from Adam, even that sweet innocent baby boo. We have to be born again because of Adam's sin that has seperated us from God and we are a new creature because we have confess and repented that we are sinners and receive Christ that has reconciled us back to God. God doesn't tolerate sin. That's why the wages of sin is death.

Becoming homosexual, mean, hateful, sarcastic, or any characteristics that we have are choices that the individual has made to do for themselves, especially when it's contrary to God. Because of the sinful nature we were born with , it's easy to sin against God and even easy to accept that homosexuality is ok because of the excuse/argument that people all have equal rights, however at the end of the day and for all time, it is a sin according to the bible.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Is an inalienable right a choice?

Politically, gays straddle the fence all the time, and have their rights/ choices interchanged when it's convenient to win a case. A person born black doesn't have that luxury.

I marvel at us (humans) telling our Creator, no I don't want to be a man as you made me, I want to be a woman or vice-versa. This isn't the same thing as cosmetics such as coloring one's hair or straightening teeth with braces. You're right... a person's soul/inner well being is affected. Look at the heart-wrenching story of Susan Stanton ("Her name was Steven"). This man said he was hounded for years as a child by "Susan". "Susan" stayed away when he fell in love with a woman, got married and had a son. After SEVEN years, he said "Susan" came back and started torturing him, so much so he relented and changed his gender. Who was this Susan? Today he lives his life as Susan and had regrets and thoughts of suicide after the operation. Despite the influences as a child, he chose to live as a man until he met his wife. Then, he chose to live as a woman.

The devil has this world so upside down, abortion (euphemism for murder) is legal and a right, but reading a Bible on a school grounds can land someone in jail. I agree, it's not even about gays, but sin and injustice, that is rampant and supported by the affluent and those in political power, to make some "rights" (aka sin) the law of the land.

Still, our God is greater ... We are commanded to love/respect people and can do so without compromising our beliefs. God hates sin. He loves people. He loves us in spite of our sinful nature. So much so, that He gave His only Son to us, so we have a way to reconcile with Him.

ETA: Oh, kudos to you for writing that letter!

:kiss: Thank you for responding. This is not an 'easy' subject to approach. And I can promise you that I did not post this as a reproach against those who are homosexual.

It is not that and it is for that reason, that I want to keep here in the Christian Forum, for in another arena, it will be taken out of context and it's real purpose and the love of God will be lost and not be seen by those who become offended.

We live in a very 'sad' society and those who are in leadership are upon sinking sand for they have allowed themselves to be removed from solid ground. They are being wooed, courted and blinded by 'seducing spirits', who have but one agenda as their focus and that is to oppose the plan and purpose of God.

In all truth...

This is not about gays; it is instead a 'Diversion' to what satan is doing in the earth to separate man from God. It is an eye opener to to the Body of Christ to be awake and aware as to what satan is behind to kill and destroy mankind.

Oh the enemy would love to have 'us' fighting and arguing and pitted against one another. But it is not about that. It just isn't. The Word of God makes this so very plain and instead of getting upset with someone for being gay, we have to look at the true force which is behind it.

And for the record... Gays are not born that way. There is no DNA for being gay.

It is a spiritual attack and an afront against the nature of God. It is the work of the enemy coming against God ... think about it. satan is throwing this in the face of God who created humans for one purpose and satan has turned it around to defy God's plan.

Their emotions... their souls.
And their target fight is not about anything else except for what they feel in their souls. And who has the control? God did not place it there. Where is ther breeding ground for anything and what did Jesus die for about us? "Our Souls". And our soul is what satan targets and plants his seeds of deception.

This is one of reasons, it so hard for a gay person to understand, because the feelings they have are coming from their soulish realm; the area which is their 'center'; the soul is the 'center' for 'All' human beings and this is where satan lands his attack and he is very clever at it.

This is the battle ground for homosexuals, it's all inside of their soul and what the soul feels is going to 'seem' right to them, deep inside; hence their stand upon 'being who they are'. It's been rooted in their soul by the enemy that this is how they are and hence the battle to possess their begins.

God did not make them this way. He loves them and would not put this upon them. And this is why Jesus came to deliver our souls from 'all' sin and from the enemy's deceptions.

The Word tells us, that satan as a roaring lion, roams the earth 'SEEKING' whom he may devour. This is what he has done...he has placed his tracks in various forms for all of mankind;

Be it... any type of bondage and/or sin; it is truly not all about homosexuality. It's just part of the mix that satan has in his plan to compromise the nature of man.

As far as our government is concerned they are satan's counterparts... think about it. Someone has to create and pass the laws ... which oppose the will of God.

-----------

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Eye openers:

There are four (4) threads in the Christian Forum which tie into this and it is all so relevant.

The Emotional Promiscurity thread;

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ch...1-there-such-thing-emotional-promiscuity.html

(Nicola.kiran --the OP of said thread)... fits this situation to a 'T'. Although the particular article (mentioned) was directed at women and their emotions, this emotional curve is flying high in our government and with gays with a full pendulum swing.

In our government, there is no leadership in prayer, only the emotional wiles of men. And I'll take it even further, to say that our government is being run by 'lasciviousness', for these decisions which have been made, God is not in them' neither is common sense.

HWAY -- her thread, "The War for Your Soul"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/525009-war-your-soul.html

If this thread topic doesn't fit the past and current condition of our government... it goes beyond the war against Blacks, but against our whole world order.

Here's an example of governmental rule...

Christianity and the BGLOS

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/526489-christianity-bglos-greek-org.html

Our Precious OP... preciouslove0x

This thread topic opens up a major truth. It's part of the hierachy where the social clubs have those who pledge their alliegence to a higher power; many losing their dedication to God. "They" don't see it; [not all, but the majority of the members] they're so caught up in being a gama, alpha phi, beta ... that being known a Christian becomes irrelevant.

This is a government, for the 'club' and it's hierachy rules the lives of its members; for the last thing a member wants is to be known as one rejected or ejected from said society.

Here's the trick of the enemy...to get into these 'clubs' one has to 'Qualify' and be screened and has to fit certain criteria... Please Get This -- for this is how satan rigs it up. The pledgee' is so honoured to be selected that they put this membership above Church and God.

It's a build-up and satan knows this. I hear so many 'brag', I'm a Phi Kappa, or I'm a 'Mason'...

My response is ... Well ... okay. :look: What's that have to do with the price of salvation which Jesus fully paid with His Blood ?

Once again... it's attached to the soul and the person becomes identified by the 'club' and not by Jesus Christ.

satan then moves them into postions of decision makers in the world and our government ... hence the change in degree and measures of God's plan.

makeupgirl

Unholy Trinity...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/526995-beware-unholy-trinity.html

Nice & Wavy

"Purpose Driven Deception"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/347509-purpose-driven-deception.html

In these two threads mentioned above, God's Word tells us that satan is out to deceive even the very elect of God. So many 'Believers' are being blinded and folding up, yielding to the pressures of society and the world's system. They are 'yielding' to other gods...the god of this world.

This Christian Forum is being filled with much in the prophetic; even when ones comes in to post a 'question', it's a question which leads to an answer which God's prophesy has already been proclaimed in the Bible.

Again this is not a gay issue, the gay agenda is simply a symptom of what God has forwarned us about in His Word.

Again.... all the more for each of us to pray and stay close to God our Father.

I share this in love and in peace towards any and everyone. It's the enemy who is being exposed and disparaged, not any human being ... :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Does the Senator admit to being a christian or religious? I think that his intentions were to bring the law towards justice for all members of society, not just some of them. We cannot pick and choose our born-citizenry.

It's such a difficult issue and lots of people are afraid that something is being taken from them. I try and think ahead as to what freedoms could be stripped but for now, cannot think of any. Anyone here is welcomed to give their opinions as it will help me with this question.

As far as I know, the proponents of same-sex marriage want the economic advantages. There simply is no way to legalize social acceptance of a lifestyle..of a like-issue. They do not have it now and they are still in same-sex relationships. Discrimination is another issue entirely. With that said, I believe they do have the right to have each other on their insurance as a partner etc., same benefits, respect. I don't personally feel that traditional marriage is in danger with recognizing another's civil right. But, it's not like a race issue...you cannot force people to like it...but you can enforce how others respond publicly to you. I'd say that respect is biblical.

As to the Senator going against what he knows as truth, I don't think we can say that. He did state he held to traditional definitions of male/female marriage but charging him with being weak-minded is, imho, incorrect. He never made this about religion and from his email, has not stated any religious beliefs. Does he in fact do so or has he done so in the past (admit to being a christian)?

I'm just looking at this from the perspective of factual information between emails. So, your communication might have had a bit more weight other than just religious viewpoint if you had delineated the points of potential disadvantage and loss for traditionals.

This is indeed a very difficult issue which is why I'm addressing from the spiritual realm, which is actually it's origin and it's breeding and feeding ground.

Thank you for your post. :yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
Is an inalienable right a choice?

Politically, gays straddle the fence all the time, and have their rights/ choices interchanged when it's convenient to win a case. A person born black doesn't have that luxury.

I marvel at us (humans) telling our Creator, no I don't want to be a man as you made me, I want to be a woman or vice-versa. This isn't the same thing as cosmetics such as coloring one's hair or straightening teeth with braces. You're right... a person's soul/inner well being is affected. Look at the heart-wrenching story of Susan Stanton ("Her name was Steven"). This man said he was hounded for years as a child by "Susan". "Susan" stayed away when he fell in love with a woman, got married and had a son. After SEVEN years, he said "Susan" came back and started torturing him, so much so he relented and changed his gender. Who was this Susan? Today he lives his life as Susan and had regrets and thoughts of suicide after the operation. Despite the influences as a child, he chose to live as a man until he met his wife. Then, he chose to live as a woman.

The devil has this world so upside down, abortion (euphemism for murder) is legal and a right, but reading a Bible on a school grounds can land someone in jail. I agree, it's not even about gays, but sin and injustice, that is rampant and supported by the affluent and those in political power, to make some "rights" (aka sin) the law of the land.

Still, our God is greater ... We are commanded to love/respect people and can do so without compromising our beliefs. God hates sin. He loves people. He loves us in spite of our sinful nature. So much so, that He gave His only Son to us, so we have a way to reconcile with Him.

ETA: Oh, kudos to you for writing that letter!

Thank you Laela... you have the understanding. The sporadic changes and constant vascilation that the gay community expreses to defend their cause is due to it being an emotional issue which is stemming from the soulish realm which is where satan has held them captive.

Whenever one speaks of deep feelings, they refer to 'heart and soul'. It's in poems, love songs, and yes even the Word of God. In Song of Solomon, the woman speaks 'whom her soul loveth' over and over; all throughout the Psalms when one is in distress, they cry out about or from their soul; deliver my soul from the enemy, deliver my soul from distress...

Over and over it is about the soul, for the soul in the 'center' of one's being. And it is the soul of gays whom satan has attacked and deceived.

That's the entire battlegroud... not their human rights, but the enemy is battling them within their souls and that's why you see the contant vascilation in their fight for rights. They are fighting for their soul wants to be a norm and acceptance, yet.....

God loves them. God LOVES them... God loves them...each of them. And this is not what He has planned for their 'souls'.

There is so much more God wants to reveal to us. Mostly, God simply wants to reveal Himself to all. He loves us and nothing will ever change that. :Rose:

Guitarhero

This is indeed a very difficult issue which is why I'm addressing from the spiritual realm, which is actually it's origin and it's breeding and feeding ground.

Thank you for your post. :yep:

I believe there is a network of evil in the world...but how are traditionals going to be at a loss if gay couples get to put each other as beneficiaries and get tax cuts? Like, pragmatic examples? For an analogy, if they allow scattered site housing from a torn-down project and halfway houses zoned to come into my neighborhood, I'm going to lose home value and a sense of security. That's tangible. I can guess about the spiritual...but tangibly...???:scratchch

Shimmie

Staff member
I believe there is a network of evil in the world...but how are traditionals going to be at a loss if gay couples get to put each other as beneficiaries and get tax cuts? Like, pragmatic examples?

For an analogy, if they allow scattered site housing from a torn-down project and halfway houses zoned to come into my neighborhood, I'm going to lose home value and a sense of security. That's tangible. I can guess about the spiritual...but tangibly...???:scratchch

Here's the Truth ...

These benefits are meant for married couples, a man and a wife.

Gay relationships are not the same as a man and a woman. Why is that so complicated to see? :scratchch: What they are doing is 'piggybacking' from a standard that God ordained.

Get it through your head; no matter what laws are passed to allow gay marriage it will never be a marriage and never acknowledged by God. You can't undo what God has purposed and designed.

My heart breaks to see the torment that so many people are going through, however legalizing gay marriage is not the answer and it never will be.

What's more important is their souls. What about their souls?

And are you kidding me? Insurance policies, beneficiaries, and whatever other issues; are not going to save them; there is something far more important than what they are fighting for and that is the deliverance of their souls. And those of us, who know God need to pray for their deliverance and not be distracted by the deceptions which are within them.

Gay men are dropping like flies from HIV/AIDS; who saves them from the eternal grave? Gay women are not exempt; just because they legally become a dependent on their partner's insurance policy, who saves them from cancer, a hit and run, or whatever else sends them to the grave?

The government is a fool; leading these precious souls into further darkness. And yeah.... satan is behind it all and those who enable and support it.

You want to know the harm? It's the children. The Word of God clearly commands us to train up a child in the way that they should go and they are old they shall not depart from it. God's Word says that our children are taught of the Lord and great shall be the peace of our children.

Gay marriage is presenting to children the very opposite of what God says. It is misleading them and giving them the incorrect purpose and definition of marriage which is ordained of God between a man and a woman.

Right now children are being prepped and trained by schools that homosexuality is a free option for them to explore and to so choose if they desire. It is being taught under the guise of a 'new' nationality which should be accepted no matter what the Bible says.

It is any wonder... why prayer and Bibles have been banned from schools?

The question is not, 'Who or what will it hurt' but rather,

'Is this the Will of God?'

That's your answer. Please don't lose sight of it. :Rose:

Shimmie

Staff member
Here are more powerful threads which connect:

Prudent1

"Let God Transform...The Way You Think."

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/523841-let-god-transform-way-you-think.html

Laela

"Beware of the Angry Watchmen"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/512323-beware-angry-watchmen.html

The Employment Support Thread...

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/477798-employment-support-thread.html

:yep: Yes... this thread. satan's best distraction is when people are worried about 'money' and making ends meet. Folks begin to 'compromise' when they are in financial troubles.

It leads to succombing to pressures that one never thought possible. Yes... this the message in this thread, all ties in.

"Return of the First Church"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/452228-return-first-church.html

Another one...

blqlady

"Sexual Soul-Ties Prayer"

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/christian-fellowship/92331-sexual-soul-ties-prayer.html

There are many more threads; and they each pull this message together that God is waking up the Body of Christ...

God is moving...by His Spirit. He's moving and He's not moving slow.

Choose the right battle...

Selah... :Rose:

luthiengirlie

HERE'S MY THING...
as a believer
I have had gay friends
they have been practically THE ONLY PEOPLE who have supported ME AND ACCEPTED ME AS A DEAF WOMAN
they STILL DO
I honestly don't see a lot of hearing people really going out of thier way to develop a friendship with me as gay people do.. IT JUST JUST MY HONEST TRUTH.. as for gay marriage.. I am not sure if i agree/disagree
it's HARD for me to say.. GAY PEOPLE ARE EVIL DOWNLOW HEATHENS
when they have been the group of people who have LOVED AND SUPPORTED ME AND ENCOURAGED ME AND ACCEPTED ME when everyone else did not.. I find myself in a quandary and I've prayed about it.. so I don't know what to make of all this..

Shimmie

Staff member
HERE'S MY THING...
as a believer I have had gay friends they have been practically THE ONLY PEOPLE who have supported ME AND ACCEPTED ME AS A DEAF WOMAN
they STILL DO I honestly don't see a lot of hearing people really going out of thier way to develop a friendship with me as gay people do..

IT JUST JUST MY HONEST TRUTH.. as for gay marriage.. I am not sure if i agree/disagree it's HARD for me to say.. GAY PEOPLE ARE EVIL DOWNLOW HEATHENS when they have been the group of people who have LOVED AND SUPPORTED ME AND ENCOURAGED ME AND ACCEPTED ME when everyone else did not..

I find myself in a quandary and I've prayed about it.. so I don't know what to make of all this..

Luthiengirlie, I'm sorry if this thread appears to disparage gay people. It is not what I have posted. I've purposely made a point of not making them out to be the 'bad guys' because they are not.

More and more I've noticed that Christians are being labeled the bad guys no matter how much love they try to show to gays. Just because gay marriage and the lifestyle is not agreed upon, it does not mean that they are not loved, because loved they truly are.

And Luthiengirlie so are you so loved. I've never rejected you and I never will, and there are many others who love you all the more and will never turn away from you.

I have no doubt that your gay friends have loved you deeply and supported you; these are those you were around.

I have gay friends and family members who have supported me as I have loved and supported them as those I love, and we get along beautifully.

They 'know' that I love them and that what I stand upon is not to hurt them, but to only see God's best for them. If you were to see me with one of my closest male friends [who is gay], you'd think he and I were a 'couple', that's how well we get along with each other.

Sweet girl, please don't be offended. As Christians 'we' must take a stand upon what God's will is. This is why we are in the earth; to take a stand upon God's Word and his will. satan wants so much to separate us from God and he has been quite successful in doing so. he is especially using the emotions to bring about so much turmoil with this issue.

There will always be many things that God will say 'no' to [yet it does not stop His love for us].

As a 'Believer'. .... we are to stand for God's Word and His principles. Real love doesn't let friends die and go to hell. :hug2:

Last edited:

luthiengirlie

Luthiengirlie, I'm sorry if this thread appears to disparage gay people. It is not what I have posted. I've purposely made a point of not making them out to be the 'bad guys' because they are not.

More and more I've noticed that Christians are being labeled the bad guys no matter how much love they try to show to gays. Just because gay marriage and the lifestyle is not agreed upon, it does not mean that they are not loved, because loved they truly are.

And Luthiengirlie so are you so loved. I've never rejected you and I never will, and there are many others who love you all the more and will never turn away from you.

I have no doubt that your gay friends have loved you deeply and supported you; these are those you were around.

I have gay friends and family members who have supported me as I have loved and supported them as those I love, and we get along beautifully.

They 'know' that I love them and that what I stand upon is not to hurt them, but to only see God's best for them. If you were to see me with one of my closest male friends [who is gay], you'd think he and I were a 'couple', that's how well we get along with each other.

Sweet girl, please don't be offended. As Christians 'we' must take a stand upon what God's will is. This is why we are in the earth; to take a stand upon God's Word and his will. satan wants so much to separate us from God and he has been quite successful in doing so. he is especially using the emotions to bring about so much turmoil with this issue.

There will always be many things that God will say 'no' to [yet it does not stop His love for us].

As a 'Believer'. .... we are to stand for God's Word and His principles. Real love doesn't let friends die and go to hell. :hug2:

Shimmie,
I knwo that you did not intend to down gay people..
i don't get that vibe at all
but I do get the vibe that you strongly believe that gay marriage is wrong.. that's your right...
IT'S MORE MY FUSTRATION that "Christians" apparently want me to HATE gays because they're diffrent.. when they have been the ones who have accepted ME for being diffrent... Gay Marraige..
I am not sure because on one hand the world system is gonna do what the world system WANTS to do.. so WHY FIGHT IT? I mean revelations and all yada yada yada...
but that's my feeling.. i feel like why are we trying to fight against something that goes to pot anyway
and I also feel like... it's not an easy thing like many think.. people wrestle with themselves for YEARS about stuff like that..

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie,

I knwo that you did not intend to down gay people.. i don't get that vibe at all but I do get the vibe that you strongly believe that gay marriage is wrong.. that's your right...

IT'S MORE MY FUSTRATION that "Christians" apparently want me to HATE gays because they're diffrent.. when they have been the ones who have accepted ME for being diffrent...

Gay Marraige.. I am not sure because on one hand the world system is gonna do what the world system WANTS to do.. so WHY FIGHT IT? I mean revelations and all yada yada yada... but that's my feeling.. i feel like why are we trying to fight against something that goes to pot anyway
and I also feel like...

it's not an easy thing like many think.. people wrestle with themselves for YEARS about stuff like that..

:kiss: And I mean it with all of my heart.

And babygirl, when we take a stand for God, it strengthens His love all the more for others to be saved and to know His love and goodness.

It's more than a 'vibe' that I do not agree with gay marriage, it's the truth. :yep:

Gay marriage is also not the Will of God. And when we serve God, we have to abide by His will, no matter what the cost or what we disagree with or lack the understanding of. Gay marriage is man's ideal, not God's. It is also a deceptive trap of satan to keep a gay person in the sin of homosexuality. It just pulls them in, deeper and deeper into the sin that God does not want them in.

This does not mean that God does not love a person who is gay, neither does it mean that I do not love someone who is gay; I shared earlier that I have many gay friends and family members whom I love dearly and am very close to them.

Sooner or later, as Christians we have to make a decision to put God's will before our own feelings and emotions. We have to stand for His Truth, no matter what opposition it brings. In the same manner that you would not allow your gay friends to drive drunk or under the influence of any harmful substance, you will also not allow them to be outside of the will of God.

I also have family members and friends who drink, smoke, curse, and whatever ever else which is not the will of God; and as much as I love them, I cannot condone their dangerous lifestyles.

Sweetheart, forget the offences that you have experienced from other Christians; instead, seek the Will of God. Seek and ask the Father, what does HE have to say about gay marriage and homosexuality.

Seek Him and I promise you that God's answer to you will not offend but lead you to set free the ones you love and all in love and in compassion. For did it not occur to you that God has placed you into their lives to love them into His kingdom? That's what love does...it loves our loved ones free from satan's deceptions.

I'm glad you love your gay friends and that they love you, too. Let God use you, to bring Him into their lives and hearts to set them free from the enemy. Don't let their blood be upon your hands; meaning don't miss the God given opportunity to bring them into salvation where they belong in Jesus Christ.

Love and blessings, sweet one. :grouphug2:

Last edited:

makeupgirl

Shimmie,
I knwo that you did not intend to down gay people..
i don't get that vibe at all
but I do get the vibe that you strongly believe that gay marriage is wrong.. that's your right...
IT'S MORE MY FUSTRATION that "Christians" apparently want me to HATE gays because they're diffrent.. when they have been the ones who have accepted ME for being diffrent... Gay Marraige..
I am not sure because on one hand the world system is gonna do what the world system WANTS to do.. so WHY FIGHT IT? I mean revelations and all yada yada yada...
but that's my feeling.. i feel like why are we trying to fight against something that goes to pot anyway
and I also feel like... it's not an easy thing like many think.. people wrestle with themselves for YEARS about stuff like that..

No believer in Christ should ever expect you or anyone else to hate another human being. Christ is in us, the hope of glory and when we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, then the more we grow in Christ we are going to learn why God says what he says in the bible. He loves all mankind and he is love according to 1 John 4:7. In 1 John, it also tells us to love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. We're in the world, but no longer of the world. It takes ongoing growth to recognize what the Lord thinks about a situation according to his word and what we as the individual thinks.

But also, you're right, we can't fight what appears to be happening or what's to come as far as the world goes. That's going to happen regardless. Doesn't mean we have to submit ourselves to what's going on. Satan wants us to submit to worldly events based on equality and so-called world peace when he really wants total and complete domination. He knows what we know that the bible is infallible and 100% true, so of course he's going to up the ante by place his demons of doubts, fears, and unbelief, and most of all confusion. God is not an author of confusion, so whenever that is confusion and frustration in the mix, know that it is of Satan and it is not going to work out for anyone's good except Satan himself.

God loves all people, he just hate the sin. So are we suppose to oppose that? If we who believe in him and have a relationship, as we are his children, shouldn't we be willing to take his side and hate the very things that he hates? I would think so.

Shimmie

Staff member
No believer in Christ should ever expect you or anyone else to hate another human being. Christ is in us, the hope of glory and when we receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, then the more we grow in Christ we are going to learn why God says what he says in the bible.

He loves all mankind and he is love according to 1 John 4:7. In 1 John, it also tells us to love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. We're in the world, but no longer of the world. It takes ongoing growth to recognize what the Lord thinks about a situation according to his word and what we as the individual thinks.

But also, you're right, we can't fight what appears to be happening or what's to come as far as the world goes. That's going to happen regardless. Doesn't mean we have to submit ourselves to what's going on. Satan wants us to submit to worldly events based on equality and so-called world peace when he really wants total and complete domination.

He knows what we know that the bible is infallible and 100% true, so of course he's going to up the ante by place his demons of doubts, fears, and unbelief, and most of all confusion. God is not an author of confusion, so whenever that is confusion and frustration in the mix, know that it is of Satan and it is not going to work out for anyone's good except Satan himself.

God loves all people, he just hate the sin. So are we suppose to oppose that? If we who believe in him and have a relationship, as we are his children, shouldn't we be willing to take his side and hate the very things that he hates? I would think so.

makeupgirl.... :kiss: Thank you for sharing this in Truth with God's Word and most of all.... in love. :Rose:

Your post is very gentle speaking God's truth. :yep:

Guitarhero

Here's the Truth ...

These benefits are meant for married couples, a man and a wife.

Gay relationships are not the same as a man and a woman. Why is that so complicated to see? :scratchch: What they are doing is 'piggybacking' from a standard that God ordained.

Get it through your head; no matter what laws are passed to allow gay marriage it will never be a marriage and never acknowledged by God. You can't undo what God has purposed and designed.

My heart breaks to see the torment that so many people are going through, however legalizing gay marriage is not the answer and it never will be.

What's more important is their souls. What about their souls?

And are you kidding me? Insurance policies, beneficiaries, and whatever other issues; are not going to save them; there is something far more important than what they are fighting for and that is the deliverance of their souls. And those of us, who know God need to pray for their deliverance and not be distracted by the deceptions which are within them.

Gay men are dropping like flies from HIV/AIDS; who saves them from the eternal grave? Gay women are not exempt; just because they legally become a dependent on their partner's insurance policy, who saves them from cancer, a hit and run, or whatever else sends them to the grave?

The government is a fool; leading these precious souls into further darkness. And yeah.... satan is behind it all and those who enable and support it.

You want to know the harm? It's the children. The Word of God clearly commands us to train up a child in the way that they should go and they are old they shall not depart from it. God's Word says that our children are taught of the Lord and great shall be the peace of our children.

Gay marriage is presenting to children the very opposite of what God says. It is misleading them and giving them the incorrect purpose and definition of marriage which is ordained of God between a man and a woman.

Right now children are being prepped and trained by schools that homosexuality is a free option for them to explore and to so choose if they desire. It is being taught under the guise of a 'new' nationality which should be accepted no matter what the Bible says.

It is any wonder... why prayer and Bibles have been banned from schools?

The question is not, 'Who or what will it hurt' but rather,

'Is this the Will of God?'

That's your answer. Please don't lose sight of it. :Rose:

Actually, it's not quite the answer I was asking because if one presents this to a legislator, it's not going to carry very far. But if someone makes a list of tangible and measurable losses and/or disadvantages to bring before their elected officials, it might carry further is what I mean. The spiritual aspect of this is rather personal, imho...but when devising laws to protect all citizens, I don't see how it can be based upon someone else's religious interpretation. Gays are also in churches and believe in G-d. For those who don't, they are not knocking down the doors to get in so referencing their souls is not what they are concerned about. That's the spiritual realm you're speaking of, which I can certainly comprehend from your point of view.

However, name one thing that is going to hurt a married couple if gays get same-sex marriage rights outside the spiritual. Our kids live in a corrupt world daily and it's not the gay lifestyle that is ruining them when they choose drugs, have babies out of wedlock (heterosexual, right?), drop out of school etc. But people are still marrying traditionally and are having babies all the time. They still carry on with their family and religious traditions despite the world around. The church exists smack dab in the midst of evil oppression. This is the way it has come. It's not the government that teaches me about G-d. With my history, I'd reject G-d if they presented their version of Him to me. Rather, it's my family, it's my traditions and it's this Mother of earth that teaches me about G-d, despite the govt. They guarantee religious freedom...not just christianity for christians...but they do not own me inside.

Reason I ask for a very tangible list is that we're more than spirit, we're also flesh. I have to think how to rephrase this..I guess. But when you put property, taxes, money etc. into the mix, legislators listen harder. I'll search the net for some because I'm sure this issue has generated the same questions. I've just never quite thought about it before. Incidentally, gays are not dropping like flies from AIDS/HIV, it's heterosexuals as their rate of infection is much higher. Well, legislators are about the business of making this legal system fair to all and I think the arguments have become much more complicated. I don't see the argument as a viable strategy because it's based upon a personal and individual religious perception when we live in a pluralistic society. True and real pragmatic approach...but I certainly don't know what that would be because even an article I saw in ChristianityToday.com couldn't provide one. If one considers how officially and publicly acknowledging homosexual unions could possibly do more harm than societies where it's taboo but certainly goes on (Afghanistan...and it's rampant,Shimmie, involving little boys...:nono:) in private sectors, well, direct me on how.

Last edited:

Krullete

:yep:
I Corinthians 5 (New American Standard Bible):

9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. not at all 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. [...]

[...]The spiritual aspect of this is rather personal, imho...but when devising laws to protect all citizens, I don't see how it can be based upon someone else's religious interpretation. Gays are also in churches and believe in G-d. For those who don't, they are not knocking down the doors to get in so referencing their souls is not what they are concerned about. That's the spiritual realm you're speaking of, which I can certainly comprehend from your point of view.

[...]The church exists smack dab in the midst of evil oppression. This is the way it has come. It's not the government that teaches me about G-d. With my history, I'd reject G-d if they presented their version of Him to me. Rather, it's my family, it's my traditions and it's this Mother of earth that teaches me about G-d, despite the govt. They guarantee religious freedom...not just christianity for christians...but they do not own me inside.

[...] I don't see the argument as a viable strategy because it's based upon a personal and individual religious perception when we live in a pluralistic society.

Guitarhero

In other words, legislators will protect everyone's right to worship the g-d of their choice. What they don't do is legislate that everyone should follow the g-d of their own personal choice. One doesn't have to remove G-d from the discussion but if what they say about same-sex marriages' damaging effects are backed up by studies on health and social science, it carries more weight when it's time to present it to those who make our laws. Maybe that list should be generated with a load of petitions to support it? I could worship at the mildewed altar of a water buffalo but if my representative/senator doesn't follow my religion, I can't present that as the only viable solution when making laws to protect society as well as to provide justice to all.

Crown

Actually, it's not quite the answer I was asking because if one presents this to a legislator, it's not going to carry very far. But if someone makes a list of tangible and measurable losses and/or disadvantages to bring before their elected officials, it might carry further is what I mean. The spiritual aspect of this is rather personal, imho...but when devising laws to protect all citizens, I don't see how it can be based upon someone else's religious interpretation. Gays are also in churches and believe in G-d. For those who don't, they are not knocking down the doors to get in so referencing their souls is not what they are concerned about. That's the spiritual realm you're speaking of, which I can certainly comprehend from your point of view.

However, name one thing that is going to hurt a married couple if gays get same-sex marriage rights outside the spiritual. Our kids live in a corrupt world daily and it's not the gay lifestyle that is ruining them when they choose drugs, have babies out of wedlock (heterosexual, right?), drop out of school etc. But people are still marrying traditionally and are having babies all the time. They still carry on with their family and religious traditions despite the world around. The church exists smack dab in the midst of evil oppression. This is the way it has come. It's not the government that teaches me about G-d. With my history, I'd reject G-d if they presented their version of Him to me. Rather, it's my family, it's my traditions and it's this Mother of earth that teaches me about G-d, despite the govt. They guarantee religious freedom...not just christianity for christians...but they do not own me inside.

Reason I ask for a very tangible list is that we're more than spirit, we're also flesh. I have to think how to rephrase this..I guess. But when you put property, taxes, money etc. into the mix, legislators listen harder. I'll search the net for some because I'm sure this issue has generated the same questions. I've just never quite thought about it before. Incidentally, gays are not dropping like flies from AIDS/HIV, it's heterosexuals as their rate of infection is much higher. Well, legislators are about the business of making this legal system fair to all and I think the arguments have become much more complicated. I don't see the argument as a viable strategy because it's based upon a personal and individual religious perception when we live in a pluralistic society. True and real pragmatic approach...but I certainly don't know what that would be because even an article I saw in ChristianityToday.com couldn't provide one. If one considers how officially and publicly acknowledging homosexual unions could possibly do more harm than societies where it's taboo but certainly goes on (Afghanistan...and it's rampant,Shimmie, involving little boys...:nono:) in private sectors, well, direct me on how.

How about a demographic danger with all the consequences for the mankind?
I mean if you take all gay people and put them on an island and all lesbians and put them on another island, what would we have?
No reproduction, no generation!!!

[FONT=&quot]I understand your concerns, [/FONT]Volver_Alma_Gitana[FONT=&quot], but as believers, we have to stand by the Will of YHWH as Shimmie did, not to reason with non believers because this is what Eve did and we know the consequences.[/FONT]

Ladybelle

I believe I understand what Ladybelle is saying concerning being born gay, with the iniquities of our mothers and fathers being passed on to us (influences, so to speak). The Bible is full of examples: Isaac and Jacob; David and Absolom for example.

There are generational curses... the curse of sexual sin (promiscuity/deviation, etc), the curse of alcoholism, etc., that, until they're repented, can go on from generation to generation. The influence is there to cause us to choose to sin that particular sin. It's a real battle for all of us, so much so that the only way to overcome any sinful influence is to overcome through being born again. What may be a battle for one may not even be a temptation for another.

In all truth...

Their emotions... their souls. And their target fight is not about anything else except for what they feel in their souls. And who has the control? God did not place it there. Where is ther breeding ground for anything and what did Jesus die for about us? "Our Souls". And our soul is what satan targets and plants his seeds of deception.

-----------

Romans 3:4 Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

God tells us to search the scriptures for ourselves & learn what is true and what isn't.

I'm not going to argue with precious Shimmie or anyone else whether one can be born gay or not for I am confident in what I have learned as a believer in Christ and have seen people get redeemed from, including homosexuality. And, I am sure I am not the only one who has ever seen a little boy with homosexual tendencies who was too young to even make the choice, that idea in itself is one to ponder over or shall I say meditate.

The Holy Spirit is a precious friend, teacher, leader, guide & if sought he will reveal to us the absolute truth on matters as tender & tough as these.

Blessings to you! :)

Crown

I understand what you are saying Ladybelle. I did not see this in real life, but I've seen some documentary films on this : difficult and complex topic about being born with... Some don't believe it, but it's true like the taste for alcohol, drug, anger... Genetics and Biology... But I agree with the explanation of Laela :

Ladybelle

I understand what you are saying Ladybelle. I did not see this in real life, but I've seen some documentary films on this : difficult and complex topic about being born with... Some don't believe it, but it's true like the taste for alcohol, drug, anger... Genetics and Biology... But I agree with the explanation of Laela :

Yep.:yep: That's it in a nutshell. It can be even more difficult for some to believe that a precious baby could be born with problems as complex as perversion & homosexuality amongst other things.

ITA with you, Laela summed it up perfectly. God is faithful though & he will redeem anyone who wants to be saved. :yep: