I want THICKER! Bigger strands & more hair in 2011!

Krystle~Hime

JBCO is truly superior
I don't think so. but every one has their favorite.
Castor oil and carapate oil (most known as JBCO for usa people) is from the same plant Ricinus Communis.
The only difference is the extraction process : for JBCO it's hot extraction and for castor oil it's cold pressed.
that's why the JBCO is yellow/brown. and the castor oil is colorless to lightly yellow.

I know lot of people swears by JBCO, but personnaly I prefer cold pressed oils whatever the oil is( I work at an organic products company, and I've learn that benefits are best preserved by cold pressing process)

sensi sweetie

I don't think so. but every one has their favorite.
Castor oil and carapate oil (most known as JBCO for usa people) is from the same plant Ricinus Communis.
The only difference is the extraction process : for JBCO it's hot extraction and for castor oil it's cold pressed.
that's why the JBCO is yellow/brown. and the castor oil is colorless to lightly yellow.

I know lot of people swears by JBCO, but personnaly I prefer cold pressed oils whatever the oil is( I work at an organic products company, and I've learn that benefits are best preserved by cold pressing process)

Hm. Very interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing :yep: I will keep this in mind when I purchase my castor oil.

femmedusiecle

Subbbbbscribing!!
My plan of action:
Oil hair with any natural butter/oil in sight at nights
Phyto Anti-Thinning Shampoo + Nioxin Anti-Thinning Conditioner every morning (for now)
Kenra MC conditioner as leave in (has panthenol)
Seal with Castor Oil

amwcah

I just bought some tacky, extra big, colorful, plush scrunchies at target.

I figure since I like to sleep with my hair up anyway, it will be less damaging to use those then a tight twisted spin pin bun or regular hair elastics. :pray:

Old schooling my way to thicker hair 2011!! :lol:

I twist my hair up in a loose bun without securing it with anything except for my scarf. You should just let your hair be free of any accessories while you are sleeping, for you don't want to cause any type of tension(tension = snap, crackle, pop to your hair strands).

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
how are u taking it and how much?!?

Also ladies I ordered boundless tresses for my edges but I think I should have just stuck with JBCO for a while

do u think I could mix the 2 oils?!?

sulphur and castor oild sounds good to me lol

I made my own version of MTG which is basically sulfur and some other oils. I used castor in it, so I doubt u will have problems with BT and castor.

JC-Junkie

Hello ladies ! I too would like to thicken my hair also but i don't know where to start. I have just started taking vitamins for the hair, every 3 pills contains 4000 biotin. I would like to try henna and also JBCO or CO. Do you ladies have any tips or advice ?

Krystle~Hime

Hello ladies ! I too would like to thicken my hair also but i don't know where to start. I have just started taking vitamins for the hair, every 3 pills contains 4000 biotin. I would like to try henna and also JBCO or CO. Do you ladies have any tips or advice ?

every 3 pills contains 4000 of biotin, sorry i've just woken up : does this mean 3 pills = total 4000 or 4000X3 so 12000 daily ?
i think you shouldn't start with a so big amount, yes to big hair, but no to pimples :ohwell:

sensi sweetie

I twist my hair up in a loose bun without securing it with anything except for my scarf. You should just let your hair be free of any accessories while you are sleeping, for you don't want to cause any type of tension(tension = snap, crackle, pop to your hair strands).

I wish I could sleep with my hair down, but I have sensitive skin and zero tolerance for bumps and breakouts. :nono: Also I am a restless sleeper so there is no way the scarf would hold up all night for me.

So far the scrunchie is ALOT less tension then my previous method.

I use to sleep with my hair in a messy bun on the top of my head when I was younger and my hair was much thicker :yep:

sensi sweetie

how are u taking it and how much?!?

Also ladies I ordered boundless tresses for my edges but I think I should have just stuck with JBCO for a while

do u think I could mix the 2 oils?!?

sulphur and castor oild sounds good to me lol

2 gel caps a day. I follow the dosages printed on the bottle. :yep: I am also taking fish oil and maca.

femmedusiecle

2 gel caps a day. I follow the dosages printed on the bottle. :yep: I am also taking fish oil and maca.

You know, I considered taking Maca after I saw it hidden in my mom's cupboard. However, after doing some research on it, it looks as though if not taken properly, the side effects may outweigh the benefits. What's the dosage you're taking and how has it been working for you?

BGT

I need to be in this thread. :yep: I wish I had pictures on my computer from when I was a young teen, but my hair was so thick. SO thick and heavy! It would take 8-10 hours for my hair to dry. Seven years later, my hairs are so fine. Way thinner than thread. It's such a big difference. :nono: So I'm going to start bunning. Can you guys tell me where you buy your caster oil and how you use it? And how do you use henna?

sensi sweetie

You know, I considered taking Maca after I saw it hidden in my mom's cupboard. However, after doing some research on it, it looks as though if not taken properly, the side effects may outweigh the benefits. What's the dosage you're taking and how has it been working for you?

Side effects? :look: What kinda side effects?

I take 3 525s daily. I just started 1.5 weeks ago, so we'll see!

I am not too concerned though. I have heard of woman making tea with it or mixing it in their coffee. That is what the woman of Peru do aswell. :yep:

sensi sweetie

I need to be in this thread. :yep: I wish I had pictures on my computer from when I was a young teen, but my hair was so thick. SO thick and heavy! It would take 8-10 hours for my hair to dry. Seven years later, my hairs are so fine. Way thinner than thread. It's such a big difference. :nono: So I'm going to start bunning. Can you guys tell me where you buy your caster oil and how you use it? And how do you use henna?

Welcome! My hair is way thinner then thread too :nono: Gahh!!

I am curious about henna too. And why do people add indigo to it? To prevent reddening?? bump!!

lana

Um, I already have thick hair. And I'm a 4b. But I wanted it longer and thicker so...I started using my girl friends secret hair conditioner.....

Mane & Tail Conditioner...she told me that she had her hair cut into a bob and that her stylist was trimming it every two weeks because it was growing out of the style way too fast. I asked her what she was using and she told me Mane & Tail conditioner. So I've been using that and went from shoulder length to bra strap length. I'm very happy with the length and thickness.

Oh and Miracle 2000 Liquid vitamin from GNC for 28.99 has my hair and health in great shape.

Krystle~Hime

I'm not a US resident, but I know popular an very appreciated websites as

Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) - FNWL
Carrier and Vegetable Oils

henna (and by the way all others indian/ayurvedic powders) has to be used by mixing some tablespoons of powders with water.
you can also choose all kind of water you want

- spring water
- water with herbs infused(hibiscus, nettle, marshmallow.. aaaas you want)
- milk (oat milk, soy milk, coconut milk)

you add water step by step for creating a nice paste. not too much thick not too much liquid :lick:

2 great actual/recent threads
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...hat-do-what-not-do-share-your-experience.html

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...-discussion/497998-ayurveda-lovers-unite.html
Welcome! My hair is way thinner then thread too :nono: Gahh!!

I am curious about henna too. And why do people add indigo to it? To prevent reddening?? bump!!

Exactly, henna/indigo is a treatment in two stages, you first apply henna paste , you rinse, you then apply indigo paste and rinse it out.
Indigo helps to turn henna reddish tint to brown to dark tint.

I use cassia, so I don't have this red issue.

BGT

I got some castor oil and coconut oil from Whole Foods. Do you apply the castor oil to the scalp or to the entire shaft?

BGT

OK, I parted my hair and applied the castor oil to my scalp and massaged. I also mixed a little C.O. with some coconut oil and applied it to my entire hair and detangled with a wide tooth comb. I then put my hair into three braids. I'm getting a touch up and cut/style tomorrow as well.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I am curious to know as well! Bumping for responses!

I normally apply to my hair then twist. However, I use it as a base oil in my MT mix and "MTG" mix...so its fine if u want to put a few drops on your scalp too. I don't bother with my scalp mainly because putting it on my hair gets to my scalp anyway.

sensi sweetie

Things I have changed since Jan 1 2011 in lieu of thicker hurs:

- Started drinking 2 liters of organic, unsweetened, green or detox tea (yogi) :lick: a day

- Started taking Maca Root

- Started taking Fish Oil

- Started taking Flaxseed Oil

- Got serious about my exercise game again (blood flow=scalp circulation=healthy growth)

- Began massaging my scalp with my finger tips day and night. It feels really nice and relaxing :) and again, scalp circulation and blood flow

- Decreasing stress, intrusive thoughts and negative people in my life!! All these things are toxic for the entire body!!!

- Being extra gentle. NOT wearing my hair straight for a while. I don't want to anyway, it looks bigger and prettyier when its curly :yep: Doing the scrunchie method for sleeping instead of the spin pin. The spin pin is not sketch, but my techinque surly was :perplexed I can already tell my scalp is enjoying the absence of a tight bun pressed up against it every night :nono::nono:

- Keeping my scalp clean. Moisture is important and cowashing, prepooing, DCIng, etc are all beneficial, however I think too much heavy butter/oil on the scalp constantly will damage the root system. There really is such a thing as too much of a good thing (imo). Anywho, I am not trying to scare anyone out of oiling up their scalp, I do it as well, just wash it out after a while. Don't leave your scalp coated for days and days :naughty: I am about to look for a good sulfate free poo that I don't have to order online (suggestions?) that is mostly natural. I was thinking about trying TJs poo

Thats all I got right now. I just woke up and I am in a positive mode, going to have a productive and happy day :yep: I wish the same for everyone else. Happy growing ladies!!​

Last edited:

sensi sweetie

I normally apply to my hair then twist. However, I use it as a base oil in my MT mix and "MTG" mix...so its fine if u want to put a few drops on your scalp too. I don't bother with my scalp mainly because putting it on my hair gets to my scalp anyway.

MT= Mega Tek???
MTG= ???

Sorry! Im new to the growth aid world.

Krystle~Hime

Where have y'all found/heard/read that maca root supplements make hair thicker ?
I had to take sum several months and it totally doesn't make my hair thicker, i'm even pretty sure that there are no links between maca and hair.

it's taking by people for hormonal balance, people who has libido,ovulation,fertility & also menopause issues.
you can take sum' if you also had some lack of energy. but hair?

swgpec

Um, I already have thick hair. And I'm a 4b. But I wanted it longer and thicker so...I started using my girl friends secret hair conditioner.....

Mane & Tail Conditioner...she told me that she had her hair cut into a bob and that her stylist was trimming it every two weeks because it was growing out of the style way too fast. I asked her what she was using and she told me Mane & Tail conditioner. So I've been using that and went from shoulder length to bra strap length. I'm very happy with the length and thickness.

Oh and Miracle 2000 Liquid vitamin from GNC for 28.99 has my hair and health in great shape.

Thanks for the info.... I have a huge bottle that I purchased from the equestrian store but was afraid of a protein overload so I haven't used it yet. Maybe I will ease it into my routine. Currently I am very satisfied with the henna which I understand can mimic protein. I am also satisfied with the amazing thickness I now have using mega tek (which I understand is very heavy protein) so I am on the hunt for a really good moisturizer. I have tried a number of products and on my hair nothing comes close to Alter ego garlic conditioner. I am still experimenting with natural oils so I will provide feedback as I use some of the oils I purchased recently (vegetable glycerine, avocado oil, almond oil, apricot oil, emu oil and aloe vera juice). Last night I made my first mixture of vegetable glycerine, apricot oil, almond oil, aloe vera juice and honey and steamed my hair for 25 minutes. The mixture was o.k. and my hair was really soft however I had tangles unlike when I use Alter Ego so I will monitor and report back with progress.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    339.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 21

swgpec

Where have y'all found/heard/read that maca root supplements make hair thicker ?
I had to take sum several months and it totally doesn't make my hair thicker, i'm even pretty sure that there are no links between maca and hair.

it's taking by people for hormonal balance, people who has libido,ovulation,fertility & also menopause issues.
you can take sum' if you also had some lack of energy. but hair?

Thanks Krystle this is good info. I have read post about the use of Maca so I appreciate the clarity. I'm post menopausal and have noticed recently that I lack energy which is rare for me. I may have to give it a try but I need to research more before I start.

swgpec

I made my own version of MTG which is basically sulfur and some other oils. I used castor in it, so I doubt u will have problems with BT and castor.

Mzteaze how does your scalp respond to the use of sulfur? Also, how much are you using. I ask because after see Njoy's incredible progress I decided to jump on yet another bandwagon and get the sulfur flowers. I used one of the mixtures on the forum. I noticed soreness after a couple of weeks, nothing major but soreness none the less. I think I have become hyper vigilant about hair care and thought I was having an allergic reaction and stopped using it. Well fast forward a couple of weeks I notice another mixture from a forum member (Tdare I think--memory is horrible) using the sulfur combined with other essential oils. Anyway--cause I'm rambling, I noticed a very quick amount of new growth so now I wonder if maybe the soreness was related to super fast growth. Although I've been a member since 2004, I I'm merely a begin freshman in the hair care journey and still trying to get a solid regime. Any insight that you can provide would be awesome.

swgpec

Welcome JC!!!! I am definitely just starting to learn but I will glady share the things that have worked for me when using henna and pass along some of the knowledge that I have gained on this forum. First, I only buy henna from a reputable vendor (Henna Sooq) who is also a member here. I only use water in my henna ( using and lemon, acv rinse would be too drying for my thin strands) and add pure honey sometimes alma, or jojoba oil and lastly I always steam or deep condition after rinsing the henna out.